Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Not sure where to post: bedbug treatment?
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother

Post Wed, Sep 29 2010, 6:00 pm
amother wrote:
amother wrote:
Ugh I feel your pain. We also had a scare before but didn't have them. Now I think I might Sad I've been bitten a few times seemingly at night but it also could be from the succah. Maybe all this rain has made the mosquito population explode? I have the exterminator coming back this afternoon to see what they see. I can't find anything but who knows. Ugh ugh ugh may we all emerge from this maka VERY SOON!!!!!

OK so they came and couldn't find anything BUT he thinks my bites look like bedbug bites. I can't stop crying and I want to vomit. They will come back and spray next week b/c I told them there was no way I could leave the apartment for 5 hours at 3 pm erev yom tov!! So they will spray my apartment and until then I guess I'm sleeping in tights! Help

I am so terrified that the baby will get bitten and am so afraid of the chemicals they use. He left a big canister of some spray stuff for me to use on the mattress tonight and the warnings are shock

I think a large glass of wine before bed is in order.

Can everyone sleep some other place in the home? That's what we did with the wet mattresses (which I tossed anyway.) I wish you the very best and you probably don't have them. Hug But one thing I will say is that You are a far better hostess than I will ever be young lady. I Never offered any bug leave alone a bedb a glass of Wine!? What a tzdakas you are. Drunken Smile

Tweedledee

Post Mon, Oct 04 2010, 1:53 pm
amother wrote:
amother wrote:
amother wrote:
Ugh I feel your pain. We also had a scare before but didn't have them. Now I think I might Sad I've been bitten a few times seemingly at night but it also could be from the succah. Maybe all this rain has made the mosquito population explode? I have the exterminator coming back this afternoon to see what they see. I can't find anything but who knows. Ugh ugh ugh may we all emerge from this maka VERY SOON!!!!!

OK so they came and couldn't find anything BUT he thinks my bites look like bedbug bites. I can't stop crying and I want to vomit. They will come back and spray next week b/c I told them there was no way I could leave the apartment for 5 hours at 3 pm erev yom tov!! So they will spray my apartment and until then I guess I'm sleeping in tights! Help

I am so terrified that the baby will get bitten and am so afraid of the chemicals they use. He left a big canister of some spray stuff for me to use on the mattress tonight and the warnings are shock

I think a large glass of wine before bed is in order.

Can everyone sleep some other place in the home? That's what we did with the wet mattresses (which I tossed anyway.) I wish you the very best and you probably don't have them. Hug But one thing I will say is that You are a far better hostess than I will ever be young lady. I Never offered any bug leave alone a bedb a glass of Wine!? What a tzdakas you are. Drunken Smile

that doesn't work with bedbugs. bedbugs develope prefferences for who they bit and will rebite the same person when available. if you move to another room, they will follow your scent and bite you there. this can result in them resettling in that room and laying eggs, in short spreading the infestation.

amother

Post Mon, Oct 04 2010, 1:57 pm
OP here. So baby hasn't been bitten since I steamed the crib, but last night I was awakened at 5a,m by the most unG-dly itch I have ever felt and found a fresh bite on my foot. (Bedbugs usually bite just before dawn) There is also a row of 4 tiny itchy bites on my arm which are definitely not mosquito bites. The soonest the dog can come is thursday and even thats just a maybe. How am I gonna sleep tonight? the psychological impact of these critters is amazing.

amother

Post Mon, Oct 04 2010, 1:57 pm
OP here. So baby hasn't been bitten since I steamed the crib, but last night I was awakened at 5a,m by the most unG-dly itch I have ever felt and found a fresh bite on my foot. (Bedbugs usually bite just before dawn) There is also a row of 4 tiny itchy bites on my arm which are definitely not mosquito bites. The soonest the dog can come is thursday and even thats just a maybe. How am I gonna sleep tonight? the psychological impact of these critters is amazing.

amother

Post Mon, Oct 04 2010, 2:43 pm
I take it back. My baby has oodles of little bumps around her belly. I a, so creeped out. I can't stand the thought of going to sleep tonight waiting to be some critter's dinner/

amother

Post Mon, Oct 04 2010, 2:43 pm
I take it back. My baby has oodles of little bumps around her belly. I a, so creeped out. I can't stand the thought of going to sleep tonight waiting to be some critter's dinner/

amother

Post Mon, Oct 04 2010, 2:47 pm
not only that but what if they came to me from my landlady upstairs. I have no way of knowing if she has the critters, and she'll never let a dog near her and if it turns out she has them she'll say she got it from us, but if she does have them them we'll keep getting reinfested.

amother

Post Mon, Oct 04 2010, 2:47 pm
not only that but what if they came to me from my landlady upstairs. I have no way of knowing if she has the critters, and she'll never let a dog near her and if it turns out she has them she'll say she got it from us, but if she does have them them we'll keep getting reinfested.

amother

Post Mon, Oct 04 2010, 3:09 pm
Oh you dear, dear mommy. What can we do to help you? Are you a big family? Do you need a place to go?

amother

Post Mon, Oct 04 2010, 3:16 pm
we're a big family for the space we have, but we can't afford better. we're priced out of the rental market so we're stuck.

I just wanna burn all my possessions with the bedbugs in them and start over.

amother

Post Mon, Oct 04 2010, 3:16 pm
we're a big family for the space we have, but we can't afford better. we're priced out of the rental market so we're stuck.

I just wanna burn all my possessions with the bedbugs in them and start over.

amother

Post Mon, Oct 04 2010, 3:17 pm
dunno why all my posts are doubling

amother

Post Mon, Oct 04 2010, 3:58 pm
to the other amother who said she has bedbug bites, I just found a website called bed-bug.net which sells natural bedbug products and they now carry a bedbug repellent which they claim will prevent bites while you deal with the problem. I just ordered two. I'll let you know if they work.

amother

Post Mon, Oct 04 2010, 4:01 pm
Look, we went through this. I just got rid of a lot of stuff. I sprayed bb's all over everything and tossed it bagged. We still had to get a good cleaning and went through the hell of the first weeks but it's over now for us. Of course when I read your situation I get right back into it. The fear will go down. You might just feel cleaner after it's all gone, meaning a lot of your earthly possessions. We named our guys and started making something of a sour joke of it all. We were commended on how we were able to keep our sense of humor with a large hot pink bed bug picture on our front door in the apartment building. We would sneer and say "don't you know the difference between funny and insanity?"
If I were near you I would come and help you just start bagging and tossing. The lady upstairs with the pristine carpet?? She will be screaming soon enough if she has them or when she gets them. They are all over the place.
Hang in there. Keep posting. Bite back. You're doing good.
Hug

amother

Post Mon, Oct 04 2010, 5:10 pm
(op.) I went through it to. I did the whole bag and toss thing. now 4 months later here we are again. thats why I plan on having the heat treatment even though I can't really afford it. the thought o f taking apart my life again and living out of bags is traumatic just thinking about it. I can't do it again, I'll lose my mind.

amother

Post Mon, Oct 04 2010, 5:19 pm
I'm so sorry. There is something that a neighbor used that keeps them off of us until we do the treatment.
Duane Reade stores, Bed Bug Cleaner, Natually Clean. They sprayed it right on the sheets and it's organic and will not hurt people. But the bb's hate it. Twisted Evil They said it cost about 25.00.

amother

Post Mon, Oct 04 2010, 7:43 pm
amother wrote:
I'm so sorry. There is something that a neighbor used that keeps them off of us until we do the treatment.
Duane Reade stores, Bed Bug Cleaner, Natually Clean. They sprayed it right on the sheets and it's organic and will not hurt people. But the bb's hate it. Twisted Evil They said it cost about 25.00.

great tip. thanks. I ordered a personal repellant which I expect the say after tomorrow.you spray it on the skin. its made of catnip oil or something. im eager to try it.

amother

Post Mon, Oct 04 2010, 8:27 pm
aw.. bye bye Bernie BB. Lol. Muwahahaha! Twisted Evil
Oh boy are we hoping this works. Lettuce k-no-mo
. Shooting Arrow

amother

Post Tue, Oct 05 2010, 1:19 pm
new poster here: DO Bedbugs ever bite more than just 2-3 bites in one spot? like could they possibly do 15-20 bites in one area? would mesquites do that? please help!

the world's best mom

Post Tue, Oct 05 2010, 1:28 pm
amother wrote:
new poster here: DO Bedbugs ever bite more than just 2-3 bites in one spot? like could they possibly do 15-20 bites in one area? would mesquites do that? please help!

When bed bugs bite, it can never be one bite alone. They always bite three times together. But yes, they often attack a person and bite twenty times in one area. That might mean it's more than one bedbug, though.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry