Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
I miss my newborn
Previous  1  2

Chana Miriam S

Post Mon, Oct 18 2010, 8:04 pm
I walked into the kitchen for a cup of coffee and turned around and my son was in high school and my daughter is 11. I was reminded of the time my dad and I were driving together and I said 'wow can you believe my baby is 4 months old already?' and without missing a beat he said ' wow, can you believe my baby is 28 already and has a 4 month old baby?' its the way it should be. they grow and I am so grateful that they have developed and matured. I think about that kid who is 17 and looks and acts like a toddler and I cannot imagine what hell that must be for the parents.

oh and before you go telling me that I must not have liked having babies, I did. every last minute. I even nursed each one for three years. but I also liked every single day and every little achievement made. I like the independence they have and I like the 'family book club' now that we are all voracious readers and we read books each other enjoys and discuss. could not do that with a newborn.

Sweet Valley Gal

Post Mon, Oct 18 2010, 8:07 pm
chanamiriam wrote:
I walked into the kitchen for a cup of coffee and turned around and my son was in high school and my daughter is 11. I was reminded of the time my dad and I were driving together and I said 'wow can you believe my baby is 4 months old already?' and without missing a beat he said ' wow, can you believe my baby is 28 already and has a 4 month old baby?' its the way it should be. they grow and I am so grateful that they have developed and matured. I think about that kid who is 17 and looks and acts like a toddler and I cannot imagine what hell that must be for the parents.

oh and before you go telling me that I must not have liked having babies, I did. every last minute. I even nursed each one for three years. but I also liked every single day and every little achievement made. I like the independence they have and I like the 'family book club' now that we are all voracious readers and we read books each other enjoys and discuss. could not do that with a newborn.
My father does that too!! ANyways, noone is saying they want their kids to stay newborns. Of course not. Every milestone is so major and I love watching her grow.

life'sgreat

Post Mon, Oct 18 2010, 8:33 pm
amother wrote:
I'm like this too so I just keep on having babies even though I'm a big believer in bc! I can't help myself. Now, I decided that I really have to quit for good but it makes me cry to look at the baby clothes and it's so hard for me to start giving things away.

I hope it's ok to ask this question. What happens once they are past the newborn stage?

PinkFridge

Post Mon, Oct 18 2010, 8:45 pm
OP, our hormones do whacky things to us. Try to focus on the bracha of raising a beautiful healthy baby, and creating the atmosphere of a beautiful bayis neeman b'Yisrael (and I don't know if you're the same amother who mentioned being divorced but you still have every right to a beautiful bayis neeman, even if not exactly as you envisioned it).
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics