Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
I would get run out of town

Merrymom

Post Thu, Nov 04 2010, 12:35 am
If I ever showed up to a Monsey Meet, I think they'd travel in from Jersey and Brooklyn just to throw rotten tomatoes at me. Oh well, maybe Opinionated and I can switch screen names.

enneamom

Post Thu, Nov 04 2010, 12:40 am
Why the low self esteem? I often agree with you, but I'm too afraid of the tomatoes embarrassed , so I usually steer clear of giving my opinion.
You're a lone voice for morality! A brave soul, going where no imamother has gone before! There, now you'll get half as many tomatoes LOL .

gold21

Post Thu, Nov 04 2010, 12:43 am
In my opinion, your best bet is not to come to meets at all. Your imamother persona doesnt always mesh with your real-life one. Me on imamother: vocal, assertive, outspoken. Me in real life: non-assertive, easygoing, etc. So yeah, no meets for me. :-)

Merrymom

Post Thu, Nov 04 2010, 12:49 am
enneamom wrote:
Why the low self esteem? I often agree with you, but I'm too afraid of the tomatoes embarrassed , so I usually steer clear of giving my opinion.
You're a lone voice for morality! A brave soul, going where no imamother has gone before! There, now you'll get half as many tomatoes LOL .

That's nice to hear, really. It's lonely out there sometimes.

I don't have a problem with self-esteem though BH", both here and irl. It's better not to get me started though LOL . I have a very soft sweet kind of voice though so people assume I'm just really laid back until they find out differently.

enneamom

Post Thu, Nov 04 2010, 12:51 am
Merrymom wrote:
enneamom wrote:

That's nice to hear, really. It's lonely out there sometimes.

I don't have a problem with self-esteem though BH", both here and irl. It's better not to get me started though LOL . I have a very soft sweet kind of voice though so people assume I'm just really laid back until they find out differently.

I guess that's why you're not afraid to express yourself, unlike some of us shrinking violets! Wink

sequoia

Post Thu, Nov 04 2010, 12:53 am
Is there a meet in the offing? *rifles through her fridge looking for tomatoes that have gone bad*

Merrymom

Post Thu, Nov 04 2010, 12:55 am
sequoia wrote:
Is there a meet in the offing? *rifles through her fridge looking for tomatoes that have gone bad*

If I ever show up I won't know if I should just laugh or take cover.

gold21

Post Thu, Nov 04 2010, 12:58 am
I am very opinionated both here and irl. The difference is that here I express my opinions, and irl I spout my thoughts to my husband, friends, family members, and otherwise keep my thoughts to myself.. im working on being more assertive though... it can be a very useful tool...

Post Thu, Nov 04 2010, 2:22 am
Im wondering what youre referring to? Why would you get run out of town?
Everyone is entitled to their opinion so why would anyone be mad at you?

Mama Bear

Post Thu, Nov 04 2010, 8:14 am
I take it she's referring to the 'postponing mikvh for your convenience' thread.

Merrymom

Post Thu, Nov 04 2010, 1:30 pm
Mama Bear wrote:
I take it she's referring to the 'postponing mikvh for your convenience' thread.

If only that was it Bomb

saw50st8

Post Thu, Nov 04 2010, 1:33 pm
gold21 wrote:
I am very opinionated both here and irl. The difference is that here I express my opinions, and irl I spout my thoughts to my husband, friends, family members, and otherwise keep my thoughts to myself.. im working on being more assertive though... it can be a very useful tool...

I'm rather diplomatic in real life, but online I "let my hair down." I am rather opinionated with my family and close friends though.

Don't worry MerryMom, I would still meet you. But you're still not invited for a meal at my house Twisted Evil (not that you would eat there LOL).

But maybe I'll treat you to pizza at Chai. Do they still exist?

gold21

Post Thu, Nov 04 2010, 1:41 pm
Yup, I think theres 2 Chai Pizzas, one is called Pita Land. There are also 2 Shellys Pizzas (Shellys and Shellys 2). And theres Jerusalem Pizza. Shellys is the best of the bunch imho. :-)

saw50st8

Post Thu, Nov 04 2010, 1:48 pm
Its amazing how different Monsey is now then when I grew up there.

Merrymom

Post Thu, Nov 04 2010, 2:16 pm
saw50st8 wrote:
gold21 wrote:

I'm rather diplomatic in real life, but online I "let my hair down." I am rather opinionated with my family and close friends though.

Don't worry MerryMom, I would still meet you. But you're still not invited for a meal at my house Twisted Evil (not that you would eat there LOL).

But maybe I'll treat you to pizza at Chai. Do they still exist?

Well, I'd eat Chai Pizza at your house LOL .

The truth is I wasn't speaking for myself in the other thread. I said "now you know why yeshivish people won't eat in MO homes". I personally do for SB reasons because I have MO relatives and I just decided that the greater potential avairah would be to make a war but certain dishes I just won't eat because I know they don't check them for bugs. Aside from the bug issue I know they're very careful but I think people have to know where they're eating, not just eat somewhere because the person claims they have a kosher kitchen.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics