Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
Playdate with the Dad supervising
Previous  1  2  3  4

Ruchel

Post Thu, Dec 02 2010, 6:54 am
Laughing here. You think the chederim in Lita, North Africa, Greece, Israel, wherever, had MOROT?
This is getting surreal.

overthehill

Post Thu, Dec 02 2010, 6:56 am
Ruchel wrote:
Laughing here. You think the chederim in Lita, North Africa, Greece, Israel, wherever, had MOROT?
This is getting surreal.

No I dont. But this is 2010. The garbage that happens now didnt happen then- and if it did, it was to a much lesser degree.

Ruchel

Post Thu, Dec 02 2010, 7:15 am
overthehill wrote:
Ruchel wrote:
This is getting surreal.

No I dont. But this is 2010. The garbage that happens now didnt happen then- and if it did, it was to a much lesser degree.

So it seems now you agree it's traditional.

Halevai it didn't happen. If anything it happened MORE because it wasn't discussed at all.

Chayalle

Post Thu, Dec 02 2010, 7:29 am
Merrymom wrote:
mom4life wrote:
Merrymom wrote:
shabbatiscoming wrote:
wow, all I have to say is that boy am I glad that my child is not friends with your child because sometimes a father is the one that has to be supervising the play date and well, if you would not send your child because you thought that all men were evil, just plain nuts in my books.

im really shocked about this, really!!!

and merrymom, about not knowing the husbands. if you trust the wife, why would you not trust the husband? wouldnt you think that the wife would have good judgement on her spouse?

I'm sure she and you married well but I don't on plan on going by my assumptions. Men don't watch my kids, that's all.

That's actually not true - you said that your bil, fil etc would be allowed to babysit. That's because you do make exceptions! (And before you say anything about hichos yichud again I know for a fact it does apply between an uncle and niece)

I don't think I mentioned a bil but you're right, I do trust them. It's not assur if I'm nearby, can return at anytime, and the door is left unlocked or I have the key. So on very rare occasions I did have a bil that I trusted watch them for a short while. But then there we come back to the other posters issues with the bathroom. I'd never expect my bil to clean up my child nor would I want him to.

But you do know that the vast majority of molestation takes place with a relative, right?

Chayalle

Post Thu, Dec 02 2010, 7:30 am
overthehill wrote:
Ruchel wrote:
This is getting surreal.

On what "facts" do you base this?

saw50st8

Post Thu, Dec 02 2010, 7:31 am
Raisin wrote:
so, who would sign up their kids to private lessons given by a catholic priest?

Religions who live in glass houses, shouldn't cast stones...

To me, its not a matter of mother vs father. If I know both of them, I would either trust them or not.

overthehill

Post Thu, Dec 02 2010, 10:11 am
Chayalle wrote:
overthehill wrote:
Ruchel wrote:
This is getting surreal.

I dont have any facts, but during the times that I grew up many years ago, this was not such an issue or maybe it was- but we were not made aware of it- Once you are made aware of an ongoing problem its harder to ignore than one you never knew about to begin with.

Chayalle

Post Thu, Dec 02 2010, 11:06 am
overthehill wrote:
Chayalle wrote:
overthehill wrote:
Ruchel wrote:
This is getting surreal.

I dont have any facts, but during the times that I grew up many years ago, this was not such an issue or maybe it was- but we were not made aware of it- Once you are made aware of an ongoing problem its harder to ignore than one you never knew about to begin with.

AFAIK it was just as much of an issue but you have hit it on the nail - there was less awareness - hence unfortunately those who sufferred were largely ignored.

Merrymom

Post Thu, Dec 02 2010, 11:25 am
Chayalle wrote:
Merrymom wrote:
mom4life wrote:
Merrymom wrote:
shabbatiscoming wrote:
wow, all I have to say is that boy am I glad that my child is not friends with your child because sometimes a father is the one that has to be supervising the play date and well, if you would not send your child because you thought that all men were evil, just plain nuts in my books.

im really shocked about this, really!!!

and merrymom, about not knowing the husbands. if you trust the wife, why would you not trust the husband? wouldnt you think that the wife would have good judgement on her spouse?

I'm sure she and you married well but I don't on plan on going by my assumptions. Men don't watch my kids, that's all.

That's actually not true - you said that your bil, fil etc would be allowed to babysit. That's because you do make exceptions! (And before you say anything about hichos yichud again I know for a fact it does apply between an uncle and niece)

I don't think I mentioned a bil but you're right, I do trust them. It's not assur if I'm nearby, can return at anytime, and the door is left unlocked or I have the key. So on very rare occasions I did have a bil that I trusted watch them for a short while. But then there we come back to the other posters issues with the bathroom. I'd never expect my bil to clean up my child nor would I want him to.

But you do know that the vast majority of molestation takes place with a relative, right?

Yes.
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers