Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
What brainless thing have u done lately?
  Previous  1  2  3 19  20  21 25  26  27  Next

gp2.0

Post Fri, Mar 04 2016, 11:01 am
Lol this thread is awesome.

Left a pot of cream of mushroom soup on the counter overnight. Oops. Luckily there wasn't much left but I would've eaten it for lunch today.

kiwi strawberry

Post Sat, Mar 05 2016, 10:17 pm
Yes this thread is great!!!

I started writing my daughter (I'll call her Sarah-not her real name) a mitzvah note last week and accidentally wrote "Dear Sarah" instead of Dear Morah. I'm like- that was stupid of me! So I decided to continue it and write her a little love note right then and there. I put it by her crib and read it to her before she went to bed. She loved it!

tigerwife

Post Sat, Mar 05 2016, 10:47 pm
gp2.0 wrote:
Lol this thread is awesome.

Left a pot of cream of mushroom soup on the counter overnight. Oops. Luckily there wasn't much left but I would've eaten it for lunch today.

I do this all the time! Just did that with a tray of potato knishe's, something I never ever make. Ah well, guess it wasn't meant to be!

groisamomma

Post Sat, Mar 05 2016, 10:53 pm
There's no amother option, so here goes...

Woke up early and got dressed in the dark as usual then went into the bathroom and started putting on lipstick...then realized it's Shabbos embarrassed embarrassed embarrassed embarrassed

seeker

Post Sun, Mar 06 2016, 12:14 am
kiwi strawberry wrote:
Yes this thread is great!!!

I started writing my daughter (I'll call her Sarah-not her real name) a mitzvah note last week and accidentally wrote "Dear Sarah" instead of Dear Morah. I'm like- that was stupid of me! So I decided to continue it and write her a little love note right then and there. I put it by her crib and read it to her before she went to bed. She loved it!

Aw! Great save Very Happy

rachel6543

Post Sun, Mar 06 2016, 2:03 am
My most recent. Made coffee to take to work. Boiled water to make coffee. Added sweetener and milk. When I got to work realized I had forgotten to add the instant coffee to my drink. Instead I had a sweetened hot milk drink which wasn't half bad.

In the past I have filled up the hot water urn for Shabbat but forgot to plug it in.

How about the time I forgot to pick up my kid from school?!?! That was a few yrs back. My husband normally picks up and that day I was supposed to. When I got home I realized what I did and had to rush across town to pick up my poor kid!

Made bread and forgot to add yeast and wondered why the dough wasn't rising.

One time I was making cookies I put cumin in instead of cinnamon! I don't recommend cumin cookies!

seeker

Post Sun, Mar 06 2016, 2:19 am
Oh! I kinda did the urn thing. Except instead of an urn I use a crockpot, when I don't make cholent I put water in it and use the inverted lid as a mini-blech (I am too nervous to use a regular blech, over a live fire, at a level my kids could reach...) So last Shabbos I set everything up, I usually unplug either the toaster or the weekday water kettle to plug in the crockpot. Apparently the plug for the toaster and crockpot look a little too similar because it seems I put the toaster plug back (I KNOW I removed one and inserted one. So that's what happened.) Not much harm done, our lunch was just quite cold. Would have been more disastrous if it was a cholent week.

I prepared ingredients in bread machine and set timer to have it ready for breakfast (and to take along with lunch). Woke in morning to find a weird mass in the machine. Could not figure out why my practically new machine was malfunctioning like that. Later while doing dishes discovered mixing blade of machine still hanging out to dry from the previous time.

youngishbear

Post Sun, Mar 06 2016, 2:24 am
My mixer bowl was leaking, and it caused the machine to stop. I took the cover off, reached in to adjust the screw and attachment to stop the leak. I turned the dial to test if it would turn on, and BH it did.

Only my challah dough ended up ALL OVER THE KITCHEN.

Nincompoop here forgot to put the cover back onto the bowl. Banging head

youngishbear

Post Sun, Mar 06 2016, 2:29 am
Challah bake, part two:

I was going to continue baking but could not find the mixer cover.

I looked hither and yon but it had evaporated into thin air. I forced my eyes to go slower, to pick up towels, rifled throught the dishes in the sink, checked the stove, dining room, hall closet, stroller... where could it BE? I even opened several cabinets to see if it magically landed inside. The darn thing was GONE.

After getting myself good and dizzy, I began checking cabinets again. This time I decided to check the drawers, too.

Found it in the baking drawer, the one that had been open during the previous incident. The cover had landed inside and in my panic about the dough I had slammed it shut and completely forgot about it having been open.

I do not belong in the kitchen. Sigh.

sped

Post Sun, Mar 06 2016, 3:08 am
I have forgotten to plug in my plata a few times or put in the wrong plug Sad.
Yes, it affected our Shabbos food...

Shuly

Post Sun, Mar 06 2016, 8:14 am
I've done this more than once:
Quickly ate breakfast and then ran to get a blood test, only to remember when I got there that I was supposed to fast for 12 hours before the blood test.

egam

Post Sun, Mar 06 2016, 12:04 pm
Came to work and realized I'm wearing 1 black and 1 brown shoe. Luckily for me my coworker had an extra pair at work and they happened to be my size.

Tzutzie

Post Sun, Mar 06 2016, 12:43 pm
My first pregnancy symptom with one of my kids was walking into an open stackable dryer door. Its like my brain fried overnight.
so the last time I dropped a cereal box three times in a row just like that I went to take a pregnancy test. I was not pregnant if u our wondering.... Smile

I feed one kid the others food. Once even going to my husnabd w a spoonful of baby cereal.
I've been known to mix up my words and to forget what I was going to say midsentance....
call someone and forget what I wants to say.

Show up at appointments a day early. (Now I use google calendar. Phone reminders are great)

Looking for my phone on a moving monsey trails when iy was in my purse.....
Leaving my phone somewhere amd walking of w the headset. Then not finding it. (Magnetic wall holders are the BEST)

I can go on and on. When I'm rested im good. But with two babies when does that ever happen????

esther11

Post Sun, Mar 06 2016, 3:14 pm
Shook a bottle of salad dressing. It was open 😳

GrowingUp

Post Sun, Mar 06 2016, 4:20 pm
Lost my bedika from this morning that I wanted to show to Rav. I think it made its way in to the washing machine*. Rav said havta do hefsek tonight and start again Sad

*My washing machine is in my bathroom. There was a pile of clothing on the floor waiting to go in, the bedika was on the counter. It probably fell on to the pile and got put in the wash.

treestump

Post Sun, Mar 06 2016, 5:54 pm
Was frantically rushing to get out of the house, put in my lenses and hurried to work. Couldn't figure out why everything seemed so blurry the entire day...

When I got home and took out my lenses...

Lo and behold! I had put both lenses into one eye!

Another mom

Post Sun, Mar 06 2016, 6:21 pm
groisamomma wrote:
There's no amother option, so here goes...

Woke up early and got dressed in the dark as usual then went into the bathroom and started putting on lipstick...then realized it's Shabbos embarrassed embarrassed embarrassed embarrassed

We fondly recall when my dc went to Gan on Shabbos (I thought he/she was going to shul) and then came home saying the gan was closed... He/ She laughs abt it too!!

Tzutzie

Post Sun, Mar 06 2016, 7:17 pm
Talking about bedikas... I left mine to dry on the vanity counter off my bedroom. I forgot to put them away in a safe place. The cleaning lady threw it in the wash....

I was going to go look at potential houses amd I walkout out without my sheitel. Running on a tight schedule of course.

mamallama

Post Sun, Mar 06 2016, 8:38 pm
I had an appointment scheduled with a doctor in Manhattan -- had to schedule 3 months in advance. I took off the day from work, made special childcare arrangements, made the 1.5 hr trip to the office, got there early, signed in, began to read a book. After about 15 minutes, my name was called - they can't find me on the schedule. I explain to them that I booked the appt a long time ago, and I am definitely on the schedule, I even received the confirmation earlier in the week. They apologize for the misunderstanding and say they will try to sort it out, I sit back down. I'm all annoyed at their disorganized office. I open my voicemail to show them the proof that my appt was confirmed for today. I listen to the voicemail, and YIKES it was for the next day!! Banging head Banging head Banging head
They said there is no way they could squeeze me in anytime that day.
Had to do the same thing all over again the next day SadSad

carrot

Post Sun, Mar 06 2016, 9:54 pm
I was giving breakfast to my two older kids, while the baby who is only sort of starting to eat sat in the high chair with a handful of Cheerios, I handed a full cup of water to the baby.
Page 20 of 27   Previous  1  2  3 19  20  21 25  26  27  Next Recent Topics