Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
When you see a child on a leash...
Previous  1  2  3  Next

Chocoholic

Post Sun, Dec 19 2010, 6:47 pm
I think smart mom!

amother

Post Sun, Dec 19 2010, 6:55 pm
I used one in an area where its really uncommon & I got stares but I did get lots of comments like "wow that's smart... That's cute.."

I didn't care what ppl said. What mattered to me was that my child was safe & I was able to walk on the st. Calm

bird

Post Sun, Dec 19 2010, 7:06 pm
where can I buy one from online? I think its a great idea . I cant go anywhere (supermarket, mall, parketc)with dd as she is always running away.

Ima2NYM_LTR

Post Sun, Dec 19 2010, 7:10 pm
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Gold.....32497

bnm

Post Sun, Dec 19 2010, 7:10 pm
http://www.buy.com/prod/munchk......html

I like that one, had 2, this one seemed more secure because it tied in the back. the other one had a clip in the front but was more versatile because you where able to connect it to a high chair or other stuff that didn't have a secure harness.

jaysmom

Post Sun, Dec 19 2010, 7:31 pm
My previous thoughts: "Oh my! Its your child for G-d's sake. Not a dog! Some parents these days...."

My present thoughts: "What a responsible parent- doesn't want to lose her kid, but still lets him out of the house. I wonder if she bought her leash at Walmart too."

louche

Post Sun, Dec 19 2010, 8:10 pm
amother wrote:
What thoughts come to mind?

"Now there's a parent with sechel."

octopus

Post Sun, Dec 19 2010, 8:15 pm
I don't judge. And nowadays they make such adorable ones!!!! My dd has a monkey one and it's soooo cute. I only use it for big trips. We went to the museum of natural history today and she wanted to walk and not stay in the stroller. So she wore the harness. So for trips it's an absolute life saver! (she doesn't like to hold my hand.)

amother

Post Sun, Dec 19 2010, 8:21 pm
OP here. Thanks for the replies. I have the monkey knapsack. Ds loves it. For very long, tiring outings, we put an ipod in the little pocket and ds wears the headphones. The music helps to calm him down so that he's manageable.

MiamiMommy

Post Sun, Dec 19 2010, 9:12 pm
I used a wrist harness for my 2nd child. A major runner.
Number 3 (16 months old KAH) seems to be a runner too. . . I've already purchased a harness for him.

I care about the safety of my children more then I care about what people think about me!

shlomitsmum

Post Sun, Dec 19 2010, 10:17 pm
Sleep wrote:
Also depends the kind of leash you use. I had such cute ones for my twins. They were from Target, looked liked furry briefcases in the shape of a monkey. The "leash" was the tail of the monkey. They even had a pocket to put things in. ie. pacifer etc. My kids loved them and we always got positive looks when using them. Even today, a few years later, they try them on when they find them in the attic. Guess their psyches weren't destroyed from being "leashed up"!

I bought the monkey too ! I have only gotten positive feedback and enquiries on were to get one . The leash is so well loved by DD she wears it as a purse around the house.

flowerpower

Post Sun, Dec 19 2010, 11:08 pm
When I see those cute teddy napsacks and they don't resemble a leash I think the parents are doing what it takes to keep a kid safe. I think they get used a lot for toddlers that refuse to sit in a stroller.

Fabulous

Post Sun, Dec 19 2010, 11:11 pm
jaysmom wrote:
My previous thoughts: "Oh my! Its your child for G-d's sake. Not a dog! Some parents these days...."

My present thoughts: "What a responsible parent- doesn't want to lose her kid, but still lets him out of the house. I wonder if she bought her leash at Walmart too."

You just made me laugh, your wording was so cute. Thanks, I needed it.

amother

Post Sun, Dec 19 2010, 11:14 pm
When you see a child on a leash...I remember my student with autism, whose mom was terrified that he would run away from her. She hated the looks, but knew using the harness was the safest thing she could do.

Pandabeer

Post Mon, Dec 20 2010, 1:06 am
for my oldest ds I always used it.
I once went to e"y to Har hamenichos when he was 3 y and an isreali told my dh "he looks like a dog" so my dh told him "it's better that it lokks that he's leashed like a dog, than I should lose him somewehere between the kevarim"

Now I see there are cute one's I'll definitlly buy something like that

Bliss

Post Mon, Dec 20 2010, 1:35 am
For some kids it's a must. Smart parents for doing the right thing.

zipporah

Post Mon, Dec 20 2010, 2:05 am
I have a 2.5 year old runner. B"H, on the yishuv I don't need it, and he's only been to Jerusalem once or twice with no other kids. If I had to take all 4 to Jerusalem (especially without DH) he'll need a "monkey knapsack."

shosh

Post Mon, Dec 20 2010, 2:14 am
To be honest, I've never seen one! But why not?

bnm

Post Mon, Dec 20 2010, 2:31 am
when I see one I think the mother is very smart and hopes she has enough koach to run after her runner.

Ours got lost somehow, I went shopping with my daughter and going, she sat in the carriage, took 15 minutes, the way home she insisted on walking, took 45. every open store door on 13th avenue got a visit by her....

after that I refused to go do errands unless she was by the babysitter.

Hashemlovesme

Post Mon, Dec 20 2010, 3:11 am
It's interesting that so many of you are positive about it b/c when I wanted to get one & spoke around to ppl I got a lot of "I dunno"s.....
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics