Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
SevenSenses
Previous  1  2  3  Next

ShiraMiri

Post Fri, Sep 15 2006, 3:50 pm
Fantastic progress!! 12 lbs is amazing!!!!!! Keep up the good work and take it easy!!!

Very Happy

Purple Hug Bunny

Post Sat, Sep 16 2006, 5:24 pm
I haven't lost a/thing more then that.. and I know why too. I'm eating like a pig.. almost as much as I used to eat before.. I can't wait to get my first fill. I hope it will help..
I can't get the first fill until the dr checks how it's healing, that appt for the follow up is not till next week wed. Sep. 27, then he will say when I can have my first fill.

ShiraMiri

Post Sat, Sep 16 2006, 6:02 pm
What is a fill?

Ambassador-to-KJ

Post Sat, Sep 16 2006, 6:06 pm
Seven, my docs office told me to come in at 4 weeks for a checkup and fill by three weeks I was eating so took myself in then! They gave me a fill. The fact that you can eat already is proof that youve been healing great. They dont put saline in the band when they "install it" because your stomache gets very swollen around it (thats what gives you the restriction in the first few weeks) when you feel like you can eat thats when to go get your first adjustment (once the swelling goes down you can eat just like you are able to before surgery unless you get a fill), there is NO reason that so soon after your surgery you should be able to eat like you are describing. It is very important when getting lapband that you are very on top of your appointments and make sure your band is always adjusted right.

Purple Hug Bunny

Post Sun, Sep 17 2006, 10:37 pm
Ambassador, the dr also told me to make an appt for 2-4 weeks, to follow up, but u know me, I only called 3 weeks after surgery to make a follow up appt. and they had one available sep. 20, but not at a good time for me, so I had to settle for 27. I can't have the adjustment w/out being checked first.. so the first fill will prob. have to be a week later, I don't think I can take off 2 days off work right after the other.. so I'll prob. wait a week.

I was totally able to eat almost a/thing 2 weeks after surgery.. I'm terrified of the dr.

I have a question though.. it says on the paper that for 4 weeks meds have to be crushed, now it's over 4 weeks already, can I start swallowing whole, or do I have to wait to see what the dr says?
it's not a very big pill.

Ambassador-to-KJ

Post Mon, Sep 18 2006, 7:56 am
Quote:
I have a question though.. it says on the paper that for 4 weeks meds have to be crushed, now it's over 4 weeks already, can I start swallowing whole, or do I have to wait to see what the dr says?
it's not a very big pill.

Honey, the reason you have to crush the pills is so they dont block the opening in the band, If you are eating as much as you want you will have no problem even taking a horse pill! Very Happy I can take large pills even when I have a good fill, just right after surgery everything is so swollen and just taking to your body that its hard to even just drink water and they want you to avoid vomiting at all costs. Sounds like your swelling is down so you can swallow the pills whole.

Purple Hug Bunny

Post Mon, Sep 18 2006, 12:53 pm
A horse pill?? I doubt it..
bec. the drs said that even when we eat solids, wer'e supposed to chew it very well, so a big pill might block the opening..

another question.. how soon after surgery did you start solids?? or did u listen to all the rules.. if u also ate solids when you were supposed to be eating blended, what, if a/thing did you tell your dr?

Purple Hug Bunny

Post Mon, Sep 18 2006, 1:13 pm
I lost 3 more lbs since friday..

Ambassador-to-KJ

Post Mon, Sep 18 2006, 1:21 pm
Quote:
A horse pill?? I doubt it..
bec. the drs said that even when we eat solids, wer'e supposed to chew it very well, so a big pill might block the opening..

another question.. how soon after surgery did you start solids?? or did u listen to all the rules.. if u also ate solids when you were supposed to be eating blended, what, if a/thing did you tell your dr?

Yes you are supposed to chew very well, when you first swallow your food it is going to block the opening, thats the point so that your pouch will fill up fast and you'll feel full faster and then the food will slowly go down through the opening as digestion starts. When you swallow a pill, as long as it fits in your pouch its OK because the pill is going to dissolve in your pouch anyways, as long as your pouch is not so swollen that you cant eat solids you can def swallow a pill, even a large one, I do!

I started to be able to eat small amounts of solids 2.5 weeks after surgery and by three weeks I had no restriction so I immediatly went in for my first fill. I didnt feel like I needed top force myself to follow rules because my body did on its own and as soon as I felt like I could eat I got tightened.

Purple Hug Bunny

Post Tue, Sep 19 2006, 5:25 am
Quote:
started to be able to eat small amounts of solids 2.5 weeks after surgery and by three weeks I had no restriction so I immediatly went in for my first fill. I didnt feel like I needed top force myself to follow rules because my body did on its own and as soon as I felt like I could eat I got tightened.

Ok, but see, I can't do that.. bec. I'm alrleady more then 4 weeks post surgery, and I have to go for the follow up appt. next wednesday, that's gonna be more then 5 weeks post op..

you didn't have to be checked first to see how it heals??? the dr told me they can't tighten me until they check me..

Coke Slurpee

Post Tue, Sep 19 2006, 6:30 am
Quote:

Hurray, congratulations!

Good luck on loosing more!

Purple Hug Bunny

Post Tue, Sep 19 2006, 12:45 pm
Sonniboni wrote:
Quote:

Hurray, congratulations!

Good luck on loosing more!

And today the 3 lbs have gone back up. soo noo congrats for me..

Shame on me..

DefyGravity

Post Tue, Sep 19 2006, 12:58 pm
When did you weigh yourself? You should always weigh yourself first thing in the morning - without clothing on. Clothing can add FIVE pounds!

Purple Hug Bunny

Post Tue, Sep 19 2006, 10:12 pm
I always weigh myself in the morning.. but always with my clothes on.. I don't have a scale at home, I weigh myself at work.. so u can be sure, I wont strip myself naked there.
but I only use that one.. so I know how much I was on that one last week.

Coke Slurpee

Post Wed, Sep 20 2006, 6:53 am
Sorry Sad

I don't think you are supposed to weigh yourself everyday - Everyones weight fluctuates, by a few pounds. If you just weigh yourself once a week I'm sure it will show that you lost and you won't feel like you are on a weight roller coaster.

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Sep 20 2006, 7:03 am
I weigh myself evry Tuesday, except during my cycle.

DefyGravity

Post Wed, Sep 20 2006, 7:08 am
Sonniboni wrote:
Sorry Sad

I don't think you are supposed to weigh yourself everyday - Everyones weight fluctuates, by a few pounds. If you just weigh yourself once a week I'm sure it will show that you lost and you won't feel like you are on a weight roller coaster.

I need to weight myself daily b/c I need to see the immediate repurcussions if I mess up my diet. That way, I can't convince myelf that deviating from the diet didn't matter - I can see that it did right there on the scale.

I have very little weight fluctuation when I weigh myself in the morning before eating, so I can usually tell immediately if there is any real weight loss or gain.

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Sep 20 2006, 8:01 am
If you have an extra snack or even a heavy meal or two, it won't show up overnight, Defy, it takes a few days to metabolize.

DefyGravity

Post Wed, Sep 20 2006, 8:06 am
I know, but I'll see it as soon as it does show up, and then I won't be able to trick myself into thinking that a little deviation doesn't matter.

I know that lots of people can't weigh themselves daily, but this is what I need to do in order to keep myself from cheating.

Purple Hug Bunny

Post Wed, Sep 20 2006, 12:54 pm
I weigh myself every morning but unfortunately it doesn't really stop me from eating.
the reason I weigh myself every day is bec. last year when we had off for 2 weeks after the summer, it made me nervous that I couldn't weigh myself, so when we got back to school, I became soo obsessed with it that I think that I have to weigh myself every day.. it's become such a part of my schedule that I can't do it any other way.. it's automatic..
and yes, I get upset if I see that there's no change.. even though I know that a day doesn't always show up.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise