Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Fish
Epic Tuna Casserole Thread
Previous  1  2

shaini

Post Sat, Jan 08 2011, 8:03 pm
Wow, it's good to see that one other person -(Goodmorning) makes a tuna casserole similar to how my mother made and I still make. I wasn't brought up with adding soup to tuna casserole. I often have mine for a Thursday night meal as something quick and milchig when I need to spend the evening preparing for shabbas and not wanting to eat fleishig. Here's my variation:

Pasta - cooked (as with Goodmorning elbow or shells or I like using the vegetable flavour ones)
Medium size can of tuna usually the variety with oil or if not in oil I add a few tablespoons of oil
Shredded cheese either mozarella as I like the stringiness or otherwise cheddar about 1 cup
Vegies either frozen corn or I cut up snow peas/sugar snap peas

Boil noodles, put a thick layer of mashed up tuna in the casserole dish, add the cooked noodles, then place the vegies on top in a layer and then place cheese over the vegies which when cooked gives a nice layer of melted cheese covering. I usually cook mine in the microwave and find the snow peas cook fine. I find there is no need to mix as when served you get some of each ingredient.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics