Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Chia Seed
Previous  1  2  3  Next

Laughing Bag!

Post Wed, Mar 14 2012, 10:50 am
Happy 2B wrote:
I wanted to know specifically where they carry it so I know which store to go to. If anyone knows a grocery that carry's it? I never saw it any of the groceries I go to.

super13, mega 53, Kollel, Rosners, Paperific, 16/41 corner grocery, these are the ones I know for sure have it, might be more on 16Th ave and 13th. ask them when you go in if they dont have it now they can always get it in

nicole81

Post Wed, Mar 14 2012, 10:52 am
it's between rugby and marlborough which is a few blocks past coney island ave, coming from BP.

Happy 2B

Post Wed, Mar 14 2012, 11:09 am
Laughing Bag! wrote:
Happy 2B wrote:
I wanted to know specifically where they carry it so I know which store to go to. If anyone knows a grocery that carry's it? I never saw it any of the groceries I go to.

super13, mega 53, Kollel, Rosners, Paperific, 16/41 corner grocery, these are the ones I know for sure have it, might be more on 16Th ave and 13th. ask them when you go in if they dont have it now they can always get it in

Thank you. I will ask. I never saw it anywhere do they keep it somewhere or do you have to ask?

Laughing Bag!

Post Wed, Mar 14 2012, 2:16 pm
Happy 2B wrote:
Laughing Bag! wrote:
Happy 2B wrote:

Thank you. I will ask. I never saw it anywhere do they keep it somewhere or do you have to ask?

it should be on the shelf but if you dont find it ask.

cm

Post Wed, Mar 14 2012, 2:30 pm
Oh my. When I opened this thread, I thought perhaps the OP needed to replenish her chia pet! I have often wondered if this plant had other names or uses. This has been educational.

Laughing Bag!

Post Wed, Mar 14 2012, 3:55 pm
cm wrote:
Oh my. When I opened this thread, I thought perhaps the OP needed to replenish her chia pet! I have often wondered if this plant had other names or uses. This has been educational.

Oh yeah there are lots of benefits from this seed with all the nutrition and vitality it has lots of people have gotten better in many ways. No wonder its called a superfood! and iirc I heard somewhere that the word chia in some foreign language means wonder. Smile

Happy 2B

Post Sun, May 13 2012, 12:09 am
e1234 wrote:
do you lose the nutrition value if you bake it (like in brownies)

does it have a strong taste?

My container has nutritional values if you want me to type it up for you.
I know this is from 2 months ago but I just finally got them.

chocolate moose

Post Sun, May 13 2012, 9:09 am
Mine also does. And for the record, you're not supposed to heat it or it loses its nutritional benefit.

bananasplit

Post Sun, May 13 2012, 9:12 am
chocolate moose wrote:
Mine also does. And for the record, you're not supposed to heat it or it loses its nutritional benefit.

So u shouldnt put it in coffee? Or anything hot?

Justlookup

Post Sun, May 13 2012, 9:48 am
Does anyone know if you're allowed to take it during pregnancy? I bought it a while ago and used to put it in my protein drink but stopped taking it when I became pregnant. I checked online but I saw conflicting answers...

Laughing Bag!

Post Sun, May 13 2012, 12:32 pm
AFAIk chia seeds have no problem being in any temperature so in coffee, or cookies or anything cooked or baked it still retains its nutritional value Smile
Also chia seeds is verry good for pregnancy, nursing, pp, and all.
Good luck!

peacemom

Post Sun, May 13 2012, 3:31 pm
Anyone here living in Israel know about chia seed? Where can you get it in Jerusalem and what's it called in Hebrew? Thanks!

chocolate moose

Post Sun, May 13 2012, 4:44 pm
I don't think you should put chia seeds in coffee or anything hot, everything I've always read says not to heat it.

I'm getting the new Chia book soon, I'll bli neder report back after reading it.

Happy 2B

Post Sun, May 13 2012, 4:47 pm
chocolate moose wrote:
I don't think you should put chia seeds in coffee or anything hot, everything I've always read says not to heat it.

I'm getting the new Chia book soon, I'll bli neder report back after reading it.

but I thought people bake with it?

Now I'm confused. I'm sure the oven gets pretty hot Smile

chocolate moose

Post Sun, May 13 2012, 5:00 pm
I know ppl bake with it. they're incorret.

Happy 2B

Post Sun, May 13 2012, 5:09 pm
Thank you for this important information Chocolate moose!

jewels

Post Sun, May 13 2012, 5:32 pm
I know this may seem as a silly question but does it need any kashrus certification?

Happy 2B

Post Sun, May 13 2012, 6:10 pm
The ones I bought are from the local Jewish grocery and have a hechsher. But I don't know for sure.

chocolate moose

Post Sun, May 13 2012, 6:13 pm
Mine have an OU on them.

Justlookup

Post Sun, May 13 2012, 6:49 pm
LaughingBag, don't intent to be rude, but what's the basis for your saying that its really good for pregnancy? Bec. I read both online, some saying its good and some saying that there's not enough research and they're not sure of its effects etc. so I'm nervous to take it, although I would love to for its' benefits...
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics