Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Where can I get my eight month old somethiing to wear to her
Previous  1  2  3  Next

aidelmaidel

Post Tue, Jan 11 2011, 11:09 am
This is about the right time to go to Syms. They're having their annual big sale and they should have a TON of holiday dresses. Hmmm, maybe I'll bring my girls in this week and do some shopping...

Also you could try www.sophiasstyle.com. Look in the "holiday dress" section. I've had a lot of success there.

sky

Post Tue, Jan 11 2011, 11:39 am
http://www.janieandjack.com/sh.....11232

runninglate

Post Tue, Jan 11 2011, 2:37 pm
thanks so much shmaichul. Thats so nice of you. Dd is actually on the small side for an eight month old and twelve to eighteen months is sometimes baggy on her. Six to twelve might fit. Do u have any idea what child who it fits weight and height is?

wtvr

Post Tue, Jan 11 2011, 3:23 pm
You can also try Century 21. They usually have a lot of dresses. I was just in one of their stores, and they didn't have that much, I guess because it's end of season, but what they did have was on sale and pretty cheap.

runninglate

Post Tue, Jan 11 2011, 6:59 pm
thanks everyone for trying to help! I looked in century on eiighty sixth st and they had absolutely nothing. I like the old navy dress someone posted a link to but it only comes in black and I wldnt dress an infant in black. J stores hada beautiful pink knit dress but it wasnt cheap and im not sure it will be showy enough in pictures. Any other suggestgions?

kitov

Post Tue, Jan 11 2011, 7:04 pm
Personally, I think a dress on a baby under a year is "yunchy" lol

I'd rather stick to a nice dressy two-piece that you can either borrow for one night, or check out TJ Maxx or the like.

sweet

Post Tue, Jan 11 2011, 7:11 pm
kitov wrote:
Personally, I think a dress on a baby under a year is "yunchy" lol

I'd rather stick to a nice dressy two-piece that you can either borrow for one night, or check out TJ Maxx or the like.

same If the baby is not walking then its not cute!!
I would go with a knit 2 peice which is what my 6 month old baby wore to my SIL wedding in oct.

runninglate

Post Tue, Jan 11 2011, 7:17 pm
I thought so too originally. She can stand with some support though. And I haveent found a nice two piece.sweet, Where did u get it?

JustPlainMe

Post Tue, Jan 11 2011, 7:20 pm
I second Janie and Jack.
And the dress idea.. Its cute, but a knit one pc or 2 pc is more traditional.. JMHO

sweet

Post Tue, Jan 11 2011, 8:43 pm
RR6178 wrote:
I thought so too originally. She can stand with some support though. And I haveent found a nice two piece.sweet, Where did u get it?

U posted that you live in BP, Did you check wonderland, tinytown, little loungers or hi baby??

kitov

Post Tue, Jan 11 2011, 9:48 pm
Check this out,

http://cgi.ebay.com/NWT-Girls-.....a4b1f

yentadevosha

Post Tue, Jan 11 2011, 10:54 pm
I would also def. go with a knit 2 piece. I bought my dd an adorable one at Hosiery-n-more.

I wouldn't take my baby to a wedding. My sil is getting married I have no plans on taking my 19 month old.

runninglate

Post Tue, Jan 11 2011, 11:45 pm
I did try little loungers and tiny town and didnt find anything. Wheres hibaby? And hosiery and more? I better start doing some serious shopping!

runninglate

Post Wed, Jan 12 2011, 6:50 pm
still dont have anything! Any other suggestions?

sky

Post Wed, Jan 12 2011, 8:23 pm
Maybe you can find at these sites:
http://www.tuesdayschild.com/p.....y-Kyo
http://www.littleloungers.com/
http://www.achildscloset.com/0-18m.aspx
http://ladida.com/store/

runninglate

Post Wed, Jan 12 2011, 9:20 pm
thanks sky. I checked out janieand jack and they aare really expensive!!

Yippie

Post Wed, Jan 12 2011, 9:46 pm
did u check flowergirldressforless.com ?
or cutieclothes.com /
I saw adorable dresses there, I'm gonna buy one of these place for my 15 month old

runninglate

Post Thu, Jan 13 2011, 12:57 pm
so I checked out some stores in bp and found some pretty knit two pieces. But seriously the prices ..... Shes gonna be wearing this outfit for about half an hr for pictures etc and then I plan to send her home. Sixty dollars is just crazy for something ill have so little use out of. Is there any store or website where I can get knits for cheaper?

centurion

Post Thu, Jan 13 2011, 3:56 pm
daffys often has the fancier italian knits that are double the price or more in bp. worth checking out but not a guarantee you'll find, it's hit or miss.

sky

Post Thu, Jan 13 2011, 4:28 pm
RR6178 wrote:
so I checked out some stores in bp and found some pretty knit two pieces. But seriously the prices ..... Shes gonna be wearing this outfit for about half an hr for pictures etc and then I plan to send her home. Sixty dollars is just crazy for something ill have so little use out of. Is there any store or website where I can get knits for cheaper?

I totally understand. My dd was 3 weeks old by my BILs wedding and I got her a cute little dress with tights and a hat from childrens place and she looked precious for $20.
Perhaps when buying something think of Pesach, so that she can wear it then as well so that you don't feel like you are totally throwing away the money.
And you don't HAVE to follow rules. Its perfectly okay for a baby to wear a dress. its just for pictures and then she is going home and can be made comfortable. If you do a dress you just have to be careful during pictures that it is laying nicely. A dress also gives so much more of a princess liik then a knit.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics