Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Stroller research...where to start???
Previous  1  2

Ema of 5

Post Sat, Jan 22 2011, 8:30 pm
2busy wrote:
yay finally some competition for me
I own zippy
city mini x2
maclaren x2
mountian buggy x2
maclaren leather single
pergeo bassinet big coach like 13 yrs old model dont remember the name
perego venesia a
perego - big one dont remember model name
inglesina zippy
2 snap and gos
bugaboo chamelon plus buggy board as well
I think thats it but I may be forgettign somteing

wow- I dont even know what all of those are!! I have two kids, so I dont really need that much, and im now up to replacing my first stroller.
re the snap n go- I was going to get one when my older one was born, but I decided that it was a waste of money when I would need to get a carseat and then later a stroller anyway. thats when I got the graco- it lasted 2 1/2 years....not so happy about that, but its been kinda abused, so im not totally surprised.
when I do buy the replacement, I want something which will hopefully last- ive heard zippy lasts a long time, if not abused Smile

2busy

Post Sat, Jan 22 2011, 8:32 pm
yea but as I said its love hate - I love it love it burt dont abuse it

AhavatYisrael

Post Sun, Jan 23 2011, 12:26 am
WOW!!! Thanks for all of your responses and advice!! You all told me a lot of things I never really thought of.
I live in Israel so I'm looking for something that can be folded quickly and shlepped onto busses. I do a lot of walking on uneven pavement so I need something that can handle that abuse. Also, I'd be taking up/down 2 (long) flights of stairs.
But obviously, I don't want to compromise safety for lightweight...
I was thinking of the snap and go for the beginning but apparently there's new research out there that's against putting a baby in a carseat for long periods of time.

bnm

Post Sun, Jan 23 2011, 1:06 am
my friends in Isreal love their City Mini, one bought an addon tray, the other bought it in double when she needed it.

I own a few carriages too, I like the City Mini a lot more than the Maclaren I had before.

AhavatYisrael

Post Sun, Jan 23 2011, 1:22 am
bnm wrote:
my friends in Isreal love their City Mini, one bought an addon tray, the other bought it in double when she needed it.

I own a few carriages too, I like the City Mini a lot more than the Maclaren I had before.

What do you like about the City Mini? What didn't you like about the Maclaren? What type of each did you have?

AhavatYisrael

Post Sun, Jan 23 2011, 1:27 am
Also, even though I live in Israel, I can order one in America and get a family member to bring it over...so I'm not just looking for a stroller that you can get here...

bnm

Post Sun, Jan 23 2011, 2:03 am
I use it mainly on the subway and trains, its a lot easier to shlep up the steps than my Maclaren Quest was, also a lot easier to fold one handed and shlep onto a bus while holding a baby in the other. a lot of city bus drivers make you close the carriage before getting on the bus...

AhavatYisrael

Post Sun, Jan 23 2011, 3:04 am
Thanks!!
Does the City Mini come with bassinet/car seat options? I'm not seeing any...
Also, what's the differences (pros and cons) between two or one wheel in the front?

2busy

Post Sun, Jan 23 2011, 4:43 am
you can buy a add on for the car seat piece but if you live I israel once the w heels wear off they are really hard to push - look into one of the new mountain buggy option those are the best bet - not as bulky as they seem ask pppl what they use when you are at the park or on the street

IloveHashem613

Post Sun, Jan 23 2011, 5:40 am
AhavatYisrael wrote:
Thanks!!
Does the City Mini come with bassinet/car seat options? I'm not seeing any...
Also, what's the differences (pros and cons) between two or one wheel in the front?

you can get a carseat adapter for the city mini. one wheel in the front makes it easier to maneuver the stroller. also a lot of ppl mentioned the snap and go, its definitley a great thing to have especially if u have a car and the baby falls asleep in the car etc... but I dont know about all snap and go's but mine had 4 wheels and they were very small. here's the thing about smaller wheels- they are not good for pushing on anything that's not smooth, shiny floor. so if ur pushing it in a mall, its fine but as soon as u walk outside, small wheels are a pain. the strollers that push better and smoother have bigger wheels... so yes a snap and go is great but u will most prob eventually need a real stroller as well....

Strawberry2

Post Sun, Jan 23 2011, 10:35 am
I suggest you check out what your friends/neighbors have before you go to stores. Look out on the street too.

happymom1836

Post Sun, Jan 23 2011, 10:58 am
ten years ago when we started there was a book called baby bargains which rated strollers and went through EVERYTHING. I know there are updates every two yrs so look into the book. I have owned a lot and my favorite light weiht is my maclaren triumph but that is an ubrellla stroller so maybe a diff maclaren. My fav all purpose meaning from birth is peg perego p3 bkz is is lighter than most from births and best of all if you plan on a second child within three years, there is a functional step built in so if number one needs an occasional ride but you do not wnt to lug the double, they can stand on the back and it was made that way. I always use a snap and go in the beginning bkz unless you are walking to shul etc, you (if you have one) are always in and out of the car so it is lighter than a strollerwith carseat and doesnot put wear and tear on the stroller before the baby actually is in it. you do not have to unbuckle the baby from the car. Then you have a more rugged stroller for walking/footshopping also from the beginning and eventually am umbrella stroller. Sorry it is so complicated Smile Smile

JollyMommy

Post Sun, Jan 23 2011, 12:05 pm
I think if you want a low price excellent stroller go with city mini. it's no frills but very user friendly.

if you want higher price and an excellent stroller go with uppababy.

I have not been happy with any double I've tested, including double city mini, I mainly used uppa baby rumble seat attachment. now that my first is 4 he mostly walks and does not want to be in a stroller thank G-d.

2busy how old is your oldest?

2busy

Post Sun, Jan 23 2011, 12:21 pm
my 2 and 4 yr old both love the mountain buggy double

kermit the frog

Post Sun, Jan 23 2011, 12:45 pm
2busy wrote:

you don't find that it leans too far back in the upright position and doesn't allow them to sit comfortably?

Ema of 5

Post Sun, Jan 23 2011, 1:18 pm
kermit the frog wrote:
2busy wrote:

you don't find that it leans too far back in the upright position and doesn't allow them to sit comfortably?

I have that problem with my city mini double. when I was at a store checking out strollers a little while ago, I tried out the city mini single, and it seemed much more supportive and sturdy, the seat was more upright, and the basket was easily accessible even with a child in the seat. I asked about it, and they told me that the company had received many complaints, and had tried to fix it in the newest model.

I want to try the P3 and the zippy....I guess because im not so happy with my double I just dont trust that ill be happy with the city mini single.

2busy

Post Sun, Jan 23 2011, 1:27 pm
my kids were always unconfortable in the city mini which I used for 2 years - they never sat right and the buckles were not secure my kids fell out a few times from the stroller and my baby even got stiches from it
the city mini single perhaps I did not see it revised tips tons and is so flimsy and junky - it was not worth the high price it does not last from my friends and sil who have it - it is a disposable
I own the zippy as I said and love it my sister has the P3 similar as zippy but the p3 was a bit more costly and bulkier when closed that was it - dont waste your $$$ on the city mini single as I said so many new options are being released this spring if you can hold out
also any reviews on the new perego si

Ema of 5

Post Sun, Jan 23 2011, 1:52 pm
is there a not tremendously expensive but good quality stroller that comes with a child tray, a parent tray (not just an attachable cupholder) and a decent sized basket? I know (because I tried it out) that the chico cortina has all of these things, but I had so many complaints about it that I just took it back to the store after about a month.

ilovestrollers

Post Sun, Jan 30 2011, 2:31 pm
I'll play:
I've owned all the following: I buy and sell strollers cuz I love them. My youngest is four, so my only stroller now is a maclaren XT.

Not in any order:

2 peg perego p3's with bassinet
1 zippy with bassinet
1 zooper jogger
1 valco single with toddler seat with bassinet
1 valco double jogger (sold right away)
1 Bugaboo cameleon with board - really loved this and would buy again I"YH
1 quinny buzz
1 infinity - rockstar: had for a day -- just returned it cuz it was way to rickety.
1 stokke xplory

maclaren techno xt
maclaren techno twin
maclaren quest
maclaren ryder
inglesina twin swift

2busy

Post Sun, Jan 30 2011, 5:20 pm
sounds like youve beat me thanks
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics