Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene
Anyone suspect one of the Imamother members
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

mykidsmother

Post Wed, Dec 26 2012, 4:14 pm
Bump

gp2.0

Post Wed, Dec 26 2012, 4:18 pm
mykidsmother wrote:
Bump

Why? Didn't we just have a serious thread about how dangerous it can be to speculate about this?

waterfall

Post Tue, Feb 26 2013, 12:19 pm
I know this is really old but just wondering if someone did figure you out how would you want that person to go about it tell you/ no to tell you..........
And yeah I act did figure out some ppl here

zaq

Post Tue, Feb 26 2013, 12:51 pm
Of course I would want to know, just as I would want to know that my slip is showing, my front door is ajar, my headlights are on (why is this starting to sound raunchy?), or there's toilet paper stuck to my shoe. Wouldn't you?

c.c.cookie

Post Tue, Feb 26 2013, 1:03 pm
I guess I'm not a very private person, because within a short time after I joined two people PMed me letting me know that they know who I am. I still wonder if there's anyone else I know here...

ETA: And yes, I was very happy those two people let me know they knew me. If anyone else knows me - please let me know!

Last edited by c.c.cookie on Tue, Feb 26 2013, 1:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

Mimisinger

Post Tue, Feb 26 2013, 1:17 pm
You should also know that just because you think you know, you might not. Someone pmd me several times claiming she knew me and got all angry, when I said it wasn't me, as though I was lying!

turca

Post Tue, Feb 26 2013, 1:33 pm
Mimisinger wrote:
You should also know that just because you think you know, you might not. Someone pmd me several times claiming she knew me and got all angry, when I said it wasn't me, as though I was lying!

Yes, I got a pm from someone from the same country as I am. She was a 100% of my identity. But it wasn't me and she got all angry saying that I don't have to be shy etc. Silly.

thatgirl

Post Tue, Feb 26 2013, 2:31 pm
I wrote something on fb and then came on to chat and wrote the same thing so a girl from sem figured me out Smile Its funny cuz we always spoke in chat together... would never have known it was her! But I'm glad that she let me know that she knew who I was.

Chayalle

Post Tue, Feb 26 2013, 2:34 pm
A relative of mine figured out who I am (which was fine with me) and then she saw a post of mine and was convinced it was about her - and it wasn't! After that I got more careful if posting something that others might think are about themselves.

Also - even if you figure out who I am, it doesn't mean I want to have a long pm about it! So if you pm me saying - whoa, r u Chayalle? - I can choose to respond or not. I don't owe you an answer!

Now - based on a comment I wrote, I "corresopnded" a bit with a cousin of DH's whom I have never met, but always respected for her "on target" comments. I'm pleased to be related to her (even thru marriage).

Another poster was very obviously in my seminary class....but I don't know who she is, and haven't bothered to search thru her posts to try to figure it out. It's just fine with me to think of her as her SN without putting a face to the name.

I saw a lovely, lovely post by my sister's MIL, the morning after said sister's wedding. I promptly forgot who it is - I'm like that with names, anyway - but not the post. It was so nice, and I shared the sentiments expressed with my sister and my mother.

jmw

Post Tue, Feb 26 2013, 2:47 pm
IloveHashem613 wrote:
I accidentally figured out who 2 people were. I wasn't trying to figure out their identities but they happened to post stories with specific details that it was impossible not to figure them out.

Me too, with one person.

yo'ma

Post Tue, Feb 26 2013, 3:07 pm
My sister told me about a friend of hers that was just cruising and saw it said of someone that lived in argentina and thought it was funny because she knows that I do. She told her that it was me Smile .

Merrymom

Post Tue, Feb 26 2013, 4:51 pm
Who cares honestly? Does someone really have nothing better to do than to start threads like this and to bump it up, no less? Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Chatterbox

EmesOrNT

Post Tue, Feb 26 2013, 5:03 pm
I've had 2 amothers posting on threads saying they knew me. Which isn't such a chiddush, since I'm not private at all. What annoyed me was that these two refused to come out from behind amother. If they were going to remain private, they should't have said anything in the first place.

I have identified a few people and pmed them. With one, it restarted a friendship.

bamamama

Post Tue, Feb 26 2013, 5:50 pm
FrumMamaPA wrote:
I have no idea who anyone is IRL but I do think that I am on a homeschooling yahoo group with a couple of moms from here.
Wave I don't know who you are on the yahoo group. I don't post much there.

cbsmommy

Post Tue, Feb 26 2013, 6:30 pm
Mimisinger wrote:

I've had this multiple times. Apparently my screen name is similar to the name of an OT kollel. Every-so-often I get kollel updates from members that think they know who I am.

I've also gotten several PMs from people who think that I'm hiding behind some random amother posts. A little while ago I got a PM from someone that thought I was revealing a pregnancy under the "amother" feature based on my "distinctive writing style" and the fact that my clothes IRL look a certain way. It was kind of funny in a very pathetic-now-I-need-to-start-exercising-again-thanks-for-insinuating-I've-gained-weight way. Oh...wait...not!

mommyla

Post Tue, Feb 26 2013, 8:12 pm
I'd love to know if anyone knows me.

I've figured out two people (one is pretty open about herself, another posted a pic of herself under amother and I happened to put two and two together), neither one is any more than an old acquaintance, so I didn't let them know. It's not like I sit around trying to unmask people, but sometimes it's easy...

mom2dkay

Post Tue, Feb 26 2013, 8:22 pm
I figured out who one member is, but I don't feel that I need to let her know. I mean, she's the one posting details of her life..... I would suppose that if it would bother her if anyone reads it, she wouldn't post it with her screen name....

Fox

Post Tue, Feb 26 2013, 9:02 pm
I tend to assume that people know who I am or could figure it out if they regularly read my posts.

My funniest experience, though, was when I was in a nice restaurant with my kids. A woman came up to me, excused herself, and said, "I hope you're not offended, but someone told me that you're 'Fox.' Is that true?" She was very nice and complimentary, and my kids were quite impressed -- possibly for as long as 15 minutes.

LOL

chilled

Post Tue, Feb 26 2013, 9:26 pm
I had a sister come to me a while back and ask me if I am chilled.... it took me a few seconds to realize that she had "found me" here!!

Last edited by chilled on Tue, Feb 26 2013, 10:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

shanie5

Post Tue, Feb 26 2013, 10:00 pm
I had s/o tell me they know me-and gave enough info to convince me that they do, but wouldnt tell me who she is. That was not a nice feeling. Though I am not very anonymous here, dont tell me that you know me unless you plan on telling me who you are too!
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics