Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Felt iron on lettering or stick on lettering

proudema

Post Wed, Mar 02 2011, 4:14 pm
Does anyone know where online or in Brooklyn that I can get lettering to put on my son's t-shirt? He wants to be Uncle Moishy but I don't know where to get the lettering! I have been looking for a month already! HELP!!

star

Post Sun, Mar 06 2011, 2:13 pm
Ha! I'd trade you the letters if you'd tell me where to buy a raglan tee in a toddler size. I searched so long and finally gave up, my kids are being Thomas and James the trains in the end.

For Uncle Moishy, I had planned on just printing out letters from the computer and tracing them onto felt, cutting them out and pasting onto the tshirt. That way I could customize how big the letters were going to be for each kid.

Good luck!

DrMom

Post Sun, Mar 06 2011, 2:22 pm
Can't you just cut the letters out of regular felt and buy "interfacing" at a sewing shop?

This is a thin white non-woven fabric that melts under the heat of an iron. You cut it into the same shape as the felt pieces you want to attach (a little smaller so it won't get all over your iron), sandwich it between the shirt and the felt pieces, and then iron the felt so that the heat/pressure melts the interfacing and "glues" the felt to the fabric underneath.

shanie5

Post Sun, Mar 06 2011, 6:34 pm
check sew materialistic on mcdonald and I. they used to carry them, not sure about now. If u want their tel #., pm me.

Mimisinger

Post Sun, Mar 06 2011, 6:39 pm
Don't know Brooklyn, but you can buy sticky felt (felt on one side, sticky on the other at Michaels.

Mommy3.5

Post Sun, Mar 06 2011, 6:43 pm
sew materialistic has moved as of last week, and will reopen on the 21st in their new location they do have a website, so try there,

shanie5

Post Sun, Mar 06 2011, 7:11 pm
Mommy3.5 wrote:
sew materialistic has moved as of last week, and will reopen on the 21st in their new location they do have a website, so try there,

really? where to?

Mommy3.5

Post Sun, Mar 06 2011, 9:23 pm
shanie5 wrote:
Mommy3.5 wrote:

really? where to?
I have the address written down, but not with me, its in her basement.

shanie5

Post Sun, Mar 06 2011, 9:43 pm
Mommy3.5 wrote:
shanie5 wrote:
Mommy3.5 wrote:

really? where to?

Then I know where it is. Back where she started 26 years ago.

proudema

Post Mon, Mar 07 2011, 12:35 am
Thanks everyone. I actually found some iron on letters at Hobby Lobby's website. I put it on the shirt and it looks great! Smile

STAR - I gave up and bought the Raglan T in a size too big. He's wearing it tucked in anyway..... Smile

star

Post Mon, Mar 07 2011, 1:52 pm
The smallest size raglan I found was a 6 kids- my pipsqueak son is still wearing 3T Sad . In fact, I ended up having to handmake their Thomas costumes because the smallest size out there was a 4-6T that dragged on the floor when he tried it on.

Mommy3.5

Post Tue, Mar 08 2011, 9:35 am
shanie5 wrote:
Mommy3.5 wrote:
shanie5 wrote:
Mommy3.5 wrote:

really? where to?

Then I know where it is. Back where she started 26 years ago.

yup. my mom used to take me there in her double stroller.. Tongue Out
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics