Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Cloth Diapers or disposable?!
Previous  1  2  3  4

Cloth diapers or disposable?
Cloth - Save the Earth  
 13%  [ 13 ]
Disposable - Save Your Sanity  
 73%  [ 71 ]
Something in between  
 11%  [ 11 ]
Unsure  
 1%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 96

granolamom

Post Sun, Feb 20 2011, 10:04 am
skazm wrote:
whoa...

well that's weird, I went here: pittsburghclothdiapers.com - they gave me a whole rundown and demonstration. They also told me you're really supposed to only use a very little bit of deodorant especially with HE.

The yeast infection thing is scary - I'm no stranger to them - most of the diapers they are selling are of microfleece because that's what they say wicks the moisture away from the skin, but I also know unless a grownup is using 100% cotton underwear, if someone is prone to YIs it's a real risk. This baby bez H is going to be a boy so no real worries with that, but it's good you mentioned that for when IYH I ever have a girl.

check this out though: the main problem with leaking cloth diapers is when the actual diaper or liner is peeking out of the cover, because then the filth wicks out onto the skin - also, they said if the elastic on the cover shows any daylight between the leg and the diaper, that's gonna make a leak.

and I found out something else, way cool! but that's another thread...

yeah, I found most leaks were either because the cloth diaper was peeking out of the cover or the baby had an unexpectedly long nap and went too long between changes. you do have to change cloth more frequently than disposables.
but my kids dont have chunky thighs so we always have space between skin and elastic, that didnt' really matter as long as the cloth diaper wasnt sticking out. maybe that's why I prefered fitteds.

skazm

Post Sun, Feb 20 2011, 10:04 am
granola what can you wash with in Israel? They were trying to sell me http://rockingreensoap.com/ ... said you only have to use a tablespoon

Grandmama

Post Wed, Mar 09 2011, 9:11 am
Its the newest thing, edible diapers!

http://www.hulu.com/watch/5558.....sr-i4
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics