Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Notable Clips & Links
Vot is a Shlimpglide
  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

Tamiri

Post Wed, Mar 09 2011, 7:49 am
Towards the end she mentions it... what the heck is a shlimpglide? shvimglide?

Seraph

Post Wed, Mar 09 2011, 8:01 am
A shvimkleid is a tznius bathing suit. Literally swim clothes.

superjew

Post Wed, Mar 09 2011, 8:02 am
Its like a swim dress.
LOL isn't it hilarious?!

Tamiri

Post Wed, Mar 09 2011, 8:05 am
Thank you. My son wanted to know (he posted this clip on my Facebook shock )

Tamiri

Post Wed, Mar 09 2011, 8:09 am
superjew wrote:
Its like a swim dress.
LOL isn't it hilarious?!
My son though so. But he couldn't figure out what a shlimpglide was. LOL. He called and asked: "Ima, do you know what a shlimpglide is". I was shock So he put this thing on my facebook hoping I'd figure it out, which I didn't. I lawv her accent. Does it sound authentic?

In the kitchen

Post Wed, Mar 09 2011, 8:12 am
I didn't know Miami is it's own continent! Smile LOL
The message at the end is good...but the first 75% of the video I couldn't figure out why this is on youtube at all.

Tamiri

Vot are bronfin that she can't have but she can't talk about it? Olives? Red cherries?

Emee

ok but isn't there something untznius about a chassidishe lady makng youtube videos? hmmm something definitely starnge if you ask me...but then again no one did ask me so maybe I should be quiet.

In the kitchen

Post Wed, Mar 09 2011, 8:13 am
bronfin is liquor...like vodka, bourbon, scotch etc.

Emee

Post Wed, Mar 09 2011, 8:14 am
btw bronfin is schnapps she means to say alcohol.

Seraph

Post Wed, Mar 09 2011, 8:14 am
Emee wrote:
ok but isn't there something untznius about a chassidishe lady makng youtube videos? hmmm something definitely starnge if you ask me...but then again no one did ask me so maybe I should be quiet.
Lol, she's not chassidish!!! She does impersonations. She's litvish. I know her irl.

In the kitchen

Post Wed, Mar 09 2011, 8:16 am
LOL Are you serious?!
I was wondering who would let themselves be videotaped wearing that type of turban! Those are for sleeping!

Tamiri

Post Wed, Mar 09 2011, 8:17 am
Seraph wrote:
Emee wrote:
Lol, she's not chassidish!!! She does impersonations. She's litvish. I know her irl.
Does she have other videos? I think she's hysterical in the way she caught the character. The accent is a wonderful mix of Villiamsburg/Hungarian/American/Yiddish with maybe a bissele Peurto Rican poured in for good luck. If you know here IRL, tell her she's all over the place!

merelyme

Post Wed, Mar 09 2011, 8:18 am
A shlimp glide is what you wear when you''d be a shlump if you weren't chassidish, and you just sort of glide around the house looking regal and checking the surfaces for dust that the cleaner might have missed.

Really, Tamiri, under which rock have you been hiding not to know that?

Tamiri

Post Wed, Mar 09 2011, 8:18 am
In the kitchen wrote:
LOL Are you serious?!
I was wondering who would let themselves be videotaped wearing that type of turban! Those are for sleeping!
It's probably part of the shvimkleid get-up!

In the kitchen

Post Wed, Mar 09 2011, 8:19 am
Agreed, at one point I felt she sounded a little gansta-puerto rican. LOL funny clip though, even funnier now that we know she is an impersonator!

Tamiri

merelyme wrote:
A shlimp glide is what you wear when you''d be a shlump if you weren't chassidish, and you just sort of glide around the house looking regal and checking the surfaces for dust that the cleaner might have missed.

Really, Tamiri, under which rock have you been hiding not to know that?
It wasn't a Chassidish rock, I can tell you that much!

sgr

She is saying she can't have bromfen-alcohol,implicating that she is pregnant.
Its not a Shlimglide but rather a SHVIMKLEID - swim dress LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

Tamiri

Post Wed, Mar 09 2011, 8:20 am
In the kitchen wrote:
Agreed, at one point I felt she sounded a little gansta-puerto rican. LOL funny clip though, even funnier now that we know she is an impersonator!
Waitaminnit - what rock have YOU been hiding under? You thought that was for real? Too funny!

Seraph

Post Wed, Mar 09 2011, 8:21 am
Tamiri wrote:
Seraph wrote:
Emee wrote:
Does she have other videos? I think she's hysterical in the way she caught the character. The accent is a wonderful mix of Villiamsburg/Hungarian/American/Yiddish with maybe a bissele Peurto Rican poured in for good luck. If you know here IRL, tell her she's all over the place!
Yea, she has 3 other videos...
Page 1 of 7   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> The Social Scene -> Notable Clips & Links