Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Pesach Recipes
Mishpacha/FamilyFirst Pesach Recipes 2011 - AWESOME!!!
Previous  1  2

girl29

Post Wed, Apr 13 2011, 6:53 pm
I found you on fb but cant see your pictures
I would love to see them... any tips?

skinny

Post Sat, Apr 16 2011, 9:51 pm
can I have the mocha bars recipe I couldnt read it on fb?

thanx

Mama Bear

Post Sun, Apr 17 2011, 1:41 am
it's still in that album and it can be seen by non friends

stem

Post Sun, Apr 17 2011, 9:09 am
It really annoys me that none of the major magazines has recipes that are for people that eat gebrochts. I'm not interested in using potato starch in everything and I'm certainly not planning on peeling everything. Our grandparents ate gebrochts and didn't peel all their vegetables either. We're no different than our grandparents, why make us feel like we're less "frum" for following our own minhagim and not taking on others chumros? I'd be happy with even 1 recipe out of 4 that would be shayach for me.

Mama Bear

Post Sun, Apr 17 2011, 12:30 pm
there were certainly gebrokts recipes EVERYWHERE. I was turning over page after page with recipes I cant use. maybe not this week but the past few weeks for sure.

achayl

Post Sun, Apr 17 2011, 1:27 pm
the mocha bars and the pesach layered cake came out amazing. The creamy chocolate ice cream also was fantastic, like ice cream mousse. One question, I want to make the stuffed chicken in this week's edition, but what is 'pesach crumbs'? can I use cake meal instead??

Raisin

Post Sun, Apr 17 2011, 1:39 pm
stem wrote:
It really annoys me that none of the major magazines has recipes that are for people that eat gebrochts. I'm not interested in using potato starch in everything and I'm certainly not planning on peeling everything. Our grandparents ate gebrochts and didn't peel all their vegetables either. We're no different than our grandparents, why make us feel like we're less "frum" for following our own minhagim and not taking on others chumros? I'd be happy with even 1 recipe out of 4 that would be shayach for me.

and even we eat gebrokts on the 8th day. I guess they figure everyone can make a non gebrokts recipe. Not everyone can make a gebrokts one.

you don't have to peel veggies if you don't want to.

most people who keep these minhagim are following their grandparents too, btw.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Apr 17 2011, 4:00 pm
achayl wrote:
the mocha bars and the pesach layered cake came out amazing. The creamy chocolate ice cream also was fantastic, like ice cream mousse. One question, I want to make the stuffed chicken in this week's edition, but what is 'pesach crumbs'? can I use cake meal instead??
Pesach crumbs come ready in a box. You can use crushed lady fingers instead.

Mama Bear

Post Sun, Apr 17 2011, 4:13 pm
They post both kinds of recipes. I have seen SO MANY recipes calling for tomatoes, strawberries, and other things I dont use. everything has vanilla sugar, cocoa... I dont use any of thsoe. there are hardly any recipes for me. hardly. I dont even use oil.

Ruchel

Post Sun, Apr 17 2011, 4:23 pm
Raisin wrote:
stem wrote:

and even we eat gebrokts on the 8th day. I guess they figure everyone can make a non gebrokts recipe. Not everyone can make a gebrokts one.

you don't have to peel veggies if you don't want to.

most people who keep these minhagim are following their grandparents too, btw.

I think certainly some follow a real minhag, but I don't know if it's most or not. I know personally many people who took on minhagim "to be frummer" or were bullied into it (what?? it's not kosher to eat that!!).

life'sgreat

Post Sun, Apr 17 2011, 5:49 pm
Mama Bear wrote:
there were certainly gebrokts recipes EVERYWHERE. I was turning over page after page with recipes I cant use. maybe not this week but the past few weeks for sure.

I hope you realize that the stuff you mentioned aren't gebrokts, even if you don't eat it.

life'sgreat

Post Sun, Apr 17 2011, 5:50 pm
stem wrote:

(Actually, many grandparents didn't eat gebrockts and their kids/grandkids do, and vice versa.)

Mama Bear

Post Sun, Apr 17 2011, 7:36 pm
of course those are not gebrokts. my point was that the recipes arent geared for just one type of person, but across the spectrum. I saw quite a few recipes that called for cake meal or pesach crumbs.

Tova

Post Sun, Apr 17 2011, 8:37 pm
We eat gebrokt (as do both sets of parents) but I don't buy matza meal and basically cook non-gebrokts. Reasons: cost. Matza meal is expensive. Brachos - we know all my cakes are shehakol and don't have to remember which are mezonos. Erev Pesach - all my cakes can be eaten versus if made with matza meal.

gittyg2

Post Wed, Jun 01 2011, 9:59 am
do you have the one that was very recent....bbq chicken on the grill....but it marinates over night in a marinade? im looking for tha one
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics