Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
The Book Thief
Previous  1  2

granolamom

Post Mon, Oct 10 2016, 8:51 pm
gp2.0 wrote:
Me too! I loved it so much I wrote to the author, and he wrote back like 3 words of thank you but I was floored. Does this mean he actually answers ALL his fan mail? Most authors don't bother - too time consuming.

I would hate for this book to be dissected, English teacher style. Save the dissections for A Tale of Two Cities.

my dd read this for school one year, they didnt dissect it the way you might A Tale of Two Cities, they mostly talked about character development, settings, conflict. Not every student is up for the classics, and there is so much in this book to talk about in an english class!

I loved the book btw, I actually cried at the end.

boysrus

Post Tue, Oct 11 2016, 12:03 am
I read this recently. It made me very sad, what a hard book to read. I read it because it was one of my son's required reading books for school, and I always like to know what he is reading. I actually never asked him what he thought of it, because I knew the comments would be negative , as he hates fiction or novels of any kind.

Roots

Post Mon, Nov 07 2022, 9:50 am
I know ths post is old but I just read the book and I absolutely loved it. a masterpiece

amother
Yarrow

Post Mon, Nov 07 2022, 10:13 am
old thread...perhaps worth mentioning that magenta yenta outed herself as a complete fake after a few years or prolific posting as a masquerading persona with an agenda ...so take everything she posts not only with a box of salt but with that knowledge in mind.
sorry don't know how to link
ok rant over

GLUE

Post Mon, Nov 07 2022, 11:23 pm
Are you talking about the book that takes place in Nazi Germany or the one that takes place in the future?

Never read the historical fiction, the book that takes place in the future is creepy, alas it sounds like it could come true.

Roots

Post Tue, Nov 08 2022, 3:40 am
the nazi germany book. I really enjoyed it
didnt know there was a futuristic version as well
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room