Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Playgroup in Kensington Area
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

infj

Post Wed, Nov 16 2011, 11:37 pm
So besides Machanayim, there's Shifra Schwartz on Webster between Seton and ocean parkway speaks both yiddish and english. I currently have an English speaking 2 year old son there. There's another one on parkville between McDonald and Seton though she only has from 10 to 3. Both are small groups. My son is with 8 other children and there is an assistant too

amother

Post Thu, Nov 17 2011, 9:14 am
Quote:
Anyone know anything about/have any info on Chavi Baum who was posted above?

I sent my oldest 2 kids there years ago and was happy.

reportrmom

Post Thu, Nov 17 2011, 9:44 am
I googled Chavie Baum. (718) 253-0052. I was very very happy with her. I would have used her for my younger kids but we moved away.

gp2.0

Post Tue, Dec 20 2011, 7:12 pm
Can anyone elaborate more on Machanayim playgroup?

gp2.0

Post Tue, May 08 2012, 11:55 pm
Reviving this old thread again because I want to know about playgroups that are open in the summertime! I'm sending to Chavi Baum and love the way she runs it but she's closed in the summer.

Any recommendations for a small, not too 'commercial' playgroup in kensington area or nearby that you know runs in the summer?

amother

Post Wed, May 09 2012, 12:06 am
Chanie Pliss 718-287-0529

She is the only one that I know of in the whole neighborhood, there's a real shortage of playgroups.

Anon because of location

gp2.0

Post Wed, May 09 2012, 12:08 am
amother wrote:
Chanie Pliss 718-287-0529

She is the only one that I know of in the whole neighborhood, there's a real shortage of playgroups.

Anon because of location

Thanks! I'll call her tomorrow. Did you send there? Is it a small(ish) group? Licensed? Clean?

amother

Post Wed, May 09 2012, 12:12 am
gp2.0 wrote:
Thanks! I'll call her tomorrow. Did you send there?
Yes
gp2.0 wrote:
Is it a small(ish) group?
Yes, but I don't know how many kids she's having for the summer
gp2.0 wrote:
Licensed?
I don't think so
gp2.0 wrote:
Clean?
I think so, my DH does drop off & pick up so I don't get to see so often, but when I saw inside I was satisfied. DD is very happy there.

amother

Post Wed, May 09 2012, 12:48 am
There is a Seidenfeld on East 2nd between Ditmas and F, a clean, warm, loving mother and home. I am not sure if she babysits or has a playgroup. You can try to call. Good Luck

gp2.0

Post Wed, May 09 2012, 10:49 am
Where is Chanie Pliss located?

gp2.0

Post Wed, May 09 2012, 1:25 pm
Well, Chanie Pliss says she's not sure yet if she's accepted 2 year olds. Do you have Seidenfeld's number?

amother

Post Wed, May 09 2012, 1:57 pm
Seidenfeld 718.972.0979. Sorry, it's East 3rd

honeygold

Post Wed, May 09 2012, 2:37 pm
gp2.0 wrote:
Reviving this old thread again because I want to know about playgroups that are open in the summertime! I'm sending to Chavi Baum and love the way she runs it but she's closed in the summer.

Any recommendations for a small, not too 'commercial' playgroup in kensington area or nearby that you know runs in the summer?

I am looking for a playgroup for september and Chavi Baums location sounds good for me and so does the fact that she is english speaking. I just wanted to know how much she charges and what her phone # IS.

gp2.0

Post Wed, May 09 2012, 4:21 pm
reportrmom wrote:
I googled Chavie Baum. (718) 253-0052. I was very very happy with her. I would have used her for my younger kids but we moved away.

This is Chavi Baum's number. She is amazing. My daughter loves her. I don't remember offhand how much she charges, and it varies, if you want until 2 or until 3.

gp2.0

Post Wed, May 09 2012, 4:24 pm
Oh and the funniest thing happened to me today. I was walking my DD home from playgroup, and a lady with a fifteen passenger van calls after me on the street. She asks me if I'm looking for a playgroup, and I say 'Um, yes I happen to be looking for a summer playgroup." So we're just standing there discussing location and I'm very aware of the three cars waiting patiently behind her so asked her for her number just as the cars started to honk. LOL.

So. Anyone heard of Morah Mommy's playgroup? In Seton Ave Kensington area?

chocolate cake

Post Mon, May 21 2012, 8:54 pm

Last edited by chocolate cake on Mon, May 21 2012, 8:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother

Post Mon, May 21 2012, 8:57 pm
I send my child to Morah Faigy on Parkville Ave. bet ocean pkwy and Seton. Always comes home so happy! at times I had to pick up at different times during the day and the kids were always busy with something; arts n crafts, excersize, reading time, or just playtime, they were always just happy! when they fell or got a boo-boo morah gave them a kiss and all of a sudden their pain was gone and went away smiling. It also worked out great for me cuz my child needed a nap but also needed structure, was very good with nap time as well..

she takes 18-24 months at the years beginning, I really recommend her 718-869-1736

gp2.0

Post Wed, Jun 06 2012, 10:51 pm
So, any recommendations for summer playgroups? Preferably small, backyard style camps that are fine with 2 year olds, in the kensington area? I keep hearing that there are 'tons' of them in the Ave F area, yet no one can give me a name or number. Lol.

gp2.0

Post Thu, Apr 04 2013, 9:18 pm
Bumping up this old thread because this year I'm looking for a day camp/playgroup for 3 year olds. I need a playgroup for next year as well as a summer playgroup. Any suggestions?

Cookies n Cream

Post Thu, Apr 04 2013, 9:20 pm
I almost didn't recognize you gp2.0 Very Happy
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics