Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Do You Like "Hot Piggy"?
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

gryp

Post Thu, Nov 09 2006, 10:38 am
Quote:
you can see that everyone here can't agree that "hot chanies" are straight out 100% assur - showing that the assurness of it is debatable

here on Imamother there is almost nothing in halacha that everyone will agree on as being 100% assur. everything is always debatable.

Nomad

Post Thu, Nov 09 2006, 10:41 am
GR reread post - that wasnt the point

gryp

Post Thu, Nov 09 2006, 10:45 am
I understand your point but you can't bring the fact that we dont agree about things on Imamother as proof that things aren't 100% assur.

nevermind the fact that we ladies who aren't very learned cannot be "trusted" in our opinions as to what is assur and what is not.

batya_d

Post Fri, Nov 10 2006, 2:50 am
amother wrote:
I am talking about women who wrote there that they were deliberately dressing s-xily to attract men.

Go over the Hot Chanie thread. Not one poster said she dressed davka to attract men.

amother

Post Fri, Nov 10 2006, 3:13 am
The thread seems to have disappeared so I tried to, but can't.

There were definitely posters who said they wanted to dress s-xily and/or to look good in front of other men - they said things like other women dress like that too, I don't get men to look at me any more than other women who are walking in the street, their husbands want to show them off.

Tefila

Post Sat, Nov 11 2006, 7:59 pm
OP great point Thumbs Up though highly doubt you r telling the truth Twisted Evil

Wish I knew who u were so I could congratulate you better Very Happy

MommyLuv

Post Sat, Nov 11 2006, 8:11 pm
hmmm....

Motek's absence on this thread is kinda surprising, anyone agree?

Motek

Post Sat, Nov 11 2006, 8:50 pm
Is my post invisible to you? Confused

roza

Post Sat, Nov 11 2006, 9:05 pm
OP, the comparison is ridiculous (as crayon likes to say), I don't get the cheers.

amother

Post Sun, Nov 12 2006, 2:35 am
Why do you think it's ridiculous?

Because eating bacon is only one lav (negative prohibition), and dressing in a way to get men to look at someone can cause tens of lavim every day? And because gilui arayos is much worse than eating bacon? I still think eating bacon is a terrible aveira, but yes, you're right, that maybe there's no comparison with a woman who is causing tens of men to sin every day.

Ruchel

Post Sun, Nov 12 2006, 2:53 am
amother wrote:

Because eating bacon is only one lav (negative prohibition), and dressing in a way to get men to look at someone can cause tens of lavim every day? And because gilui arayos is much worse than eating bacon? I still think eating bacon is a terrible aveira, but yes, you're right, that maybe there's no comparison with a woman who is causing tens of men to sin every day.

Although I agree that making people sin would be worse than sinning all alone, I still find it easy to consider men like poor people who are innocent but corrupted by mean untznius women... no one forces them to look, they can (and should) turn their head...

Crayon210

Post Sun, Nov 12 2006, 2:59 am
roza wrote:
(as crayon likes to say)

Must you drag me into everything? Rolling Eyes

Crayon210

Post Sun, Nov 12 2006, 3:01 am
Ruchel wrote:
amother wrote:

Although I agree that making people sin would be worse than sinning all alone, I still find it easy to consider men like poor people who are innocent but corrupted by mean untznius women... no one forces them to look, they can (and should) turn their head...

Men have a different makeup than women do, so this is difficult to relate to. We MUST have rachmonus on them and not set them up to have to look away or turn their heads.

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Nov 12 2006, 9:23 am
So.

The thread was a joke, after all.

Ribbie Danzinger

Post Sun, Nov 12 2006, 11:54 am
That's just the point Choco. this thread was a SERIOUS post that was supposed to get people thinking. Obviously the poster (not me, but I know who) does NOT ch"v eat bacon, but she was trying to make a serious point about the way we tend to think differently about keeping different mitzvot which seem in our eyes to be "more" or "less" important.

roza

Post Sun, Nov 12 2006, 3:11 pm
amother wrote:

if, amother, who will dress nice, in style and tznius and pass through meah shearim you will be framed a 'hot piggy'. get it?

Crayon210

Post Sun, Nov 12 2006, 3:13 pm
What?

Motek

Post Sun, Nov 12 2006, 3:15 pm
roza wrote:
if, amother, who will dress nice, in style and tznius and pass through meah shearim you will be framed a 'hot piggy'. get it?

Not true in my experience. I've walked in Meah Shearim and don't look like the natives and nothing happened. They are quite accustomed to the Bais Yaakov look and don't expect every girl to have two long braids and tights and every woman to wear a black kerchief on her shaven head.

shalhevet

Post Sun, Nov 12 2006, 3:21 pm
Motek wrote:
roza wrote:

Not true in my experience. I've walked in Meah Shearim and don't look like the natives and nothing happened. They are quite accustomed to the Bais Yaakov look and don't expect every girl to have two long braids and tights and every woman to wear a black kerchief on her shaven head.

Exactly.

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Nov 12 2006, 3:26 pm
This thread was real Ganeivas HaDaas, specially when the OP said she cooked her bacon on the burner for the cat's foods.
Page 3 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics