Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Classifieds
Bulk Baby Wardrobe - $150 for boys or girls!!!!!
Previous  1  2  3  Next

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, Jan 02 2012, 2:07 pm
Yeah.

EmesOrNT

Post Mon, Jan 02 2012, 2:12 pm
das wrote:
Your punishing your friend for the actions of her dh? Sounds like she's suffering already...

Nope, not punishing. We talked about it, and she understands completely. Very often, it's not possible to give to both, and she herself said that the other friend should get it. She has been trying to get her husband to get a job, any job, for about 3 years now, and she knows how he'll react when he sees help coming from other people. We are EXTREMELY close, so we were able to have a decent discussion about it. I'm actually closer to her than I am to the other friend! My husband also agrees.

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Jan 02 2012, 4:55 pm
I don't get what's mean.

When I had little kids, I rather bought new stuff at Sears or Conway, then take hand-me-downs. I didn't want used clothes, end of story. I couldn't afford much, and there are plenty of discount stores, BH.

life'sgreat

Post Mon, Jan 02 2012, 6:21 pm
emesornt wrote:
das wrote:
Your punishing your friend for the actions of her dh? Sounds like she's suffering already...

Nope, not punishing. We talked about it, and she understands completely. Very often, it's not possible to give to both, and she herself said that the other friend should get it. She has been trying to get her husband to get a job, any job, for about 3 years now, and she knows how he'll react when he sees help coming from other people. We are EXTREMELY close, so we were able to have a decent discussion about it. I'm actually closer to her than I am to the other friend! My husband also agrees.

You can be as close as two peas in a pod. But what you're doing is hurtful.

chatz

Post Mon, Jan 02 2012, 6:36 pm
chocolate moose wrote:
I don't get what's mean.

When I had little kids, I rather bought new stuff at Sears or Conway, then take hand-me-downs. I didn't want used clothes, end of story. I couldn't afford much, and there are plenty of discount stores, BH.

Everyone's different. I wouldn't take hand me downs from anywhere, but most of my kids clothes are from my siblings. And I pass it back when they have a kid BEH.

OP is trying to sell the clothes. I would be interested if I needed it.

OP, have you tried posting on COL classifieds?

seeker

Post Mon, Jan 02 2012, 7:49 pm
Personally I think this is a very nice deal. Even if you only buy a few things in each size, as I do, it adds up fast - newborn -24 months covers about 7 size ranges. If they're good quality and in good condition, it's especially good. Besides the money, you don't have to shop for it - if you think you can get by on less money in discount stores and sales, you must have a lot of time to spend going to stores and picking through the junk. As a mom working long days to make ends meet and coming home to a hungry family (and spending Shabbos doing Shabbos), that is just not something I love to do.

But, my DD is already near the top of the size range. So I will forgo this metzia ;-)

wifey

Post Mon, Jan 02 2012, 7:52 pm
YALT, I'm no where near you but I think you're doing a great thing - don't feel bad about what anyones said on this thread!

TranquilityAndPeace

Post Mon, Jan 02 2012, 8:13 pm
Yalt, hatzlachah with your sale!

I'm jealous that you're getting organized about the kids' outgrown clothing! Note to self- get rid of the outgrown clothing cluttering up the house one day soon.

middy

Post Tue, Jan 03 2012, 7:17 am
another idea: there are secondhand clothing shops like Lulu's in park slope or flying squirrel in williamsburg that buy used stuff. u either get credit or cash

mm

Post Tue, Jan 03 2012, 7:58 am
I never heard of flying squirrel where r they located?

YALT

Post Tue, Jan 03 2012, 8:55 am
middy wrote:
another idea: there are secondhand clothing shops like Lulu's in park slope or flying squirrel in williamsburg that buy used stuff. u either get credit or cash

can u pls give me their info?
thanks

YALT

Post Tue, Jan 03 2012, 8:56 am
I created a blog to put up the things I'm selling. More will go up later today/tomorrow. But you can look at it for now and see if you want.

http://mytrashyourgold.blogspot.com/

YALT

Post Tue, Jan 03 2012, 8:58 am
and BTW, thanks to those who are re-encouraging me Wink

middy

Post Tue, Jan 03 2012, 12:43 pm
LuLu's Then & Now
75A Fifth Ave (between Prospect and St. Marks Pls) Park Slope, Brooklyn
(718) 398-5858lulusthenandnow.com

flying squirrel baby
@ 96 N 6TH ST. BROOKLYN, NY 718-218-7775

EmesOrNT

Post Tue, Jan 03 2012, 1:49 pm
OMG you have tons of nice stuff!!

Theres a store next door to my sons drs office called Take 2 where they sell clothing in good condition. It's on 39th and 16th in BP.

JAWSCIENCE

Post Tue, Jan 03 2012, 2:31 pm
I think it is really nice that Yalt is giving someone the opportunity to get everything they need in one shot, at a good price without having to feel like a tzedakah case - which is how many feel when they get stuff 'donated' to them by people other than family. If the clothes was the right season for my baby I'd probably go for it. There is also nothing wrong with trying to ease financial burdens a little by unloading stuff you no longer need for a fair price. The money could be used to pay a tuition bill, give to a tezedakah etc.

If used clothes is not your thing then don't buy it. But there is no reason to say that anyone who doesn't give stuff away is not a nice person or has been reduced to low behavior. Different people do chesed in different ways. Who are we to judge?

I hope you find a buyer!

life'sgreat

Post Tue, Jan 03 2012, 3:47 pm
YALT, that's LOADS of good stuff for a very very decent price. I'm not sure why people feel the need to diss you just because they would do things differently.

JollyMommy

Post Tue, Jan 03 2012, 3:57 pm
When I saw certain things that I loved with my 1st DS I didn't put on 2nd DS at all, I sold them to a kids consignment store and was suprised how much $ I got- especially with name brands like polo or even janie and jack or gap. so that's what I would do.

aside from that I have tons of clothes in tupperware in my garage- probably 20+ outfits in each size newborn-4T, but I don't want to give away until I'm 35 becauser I have no idea how many more kids I'll have after this one IYH.

merelyme

Post Tue, Jan 03 2012, 4:08 pm
Wow, YALT, it's nice stuff!
G'luck!

2cents

Post Tue, Jan 03 2012, 7:36 pm
wow! I was somewhat skeptical, but you have GREAT stuff...cute selections, and they don't look faded or stained! definitely worth $150+.
I would say you might even net more money if you take it to a second-hand store.
good luck!
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics