Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
How would you feel if your kid's teacher...
Previous  1  2

Mishie

Post Tue, Nov 21 2006, 11:07 am
I think that what the teacher did is really strange!!!

I also believe that these topics should be taught to kids at home, by their Parents, and at the right age only.

A 4 yr. old does not need to know all that!!!

happymom

Post Tue, Nov 21 2006, 11:09 am
Quote:
and I had a hard time when the teacher taught them about the yetzer hora- now my son is blaming everything on the yetzer hora.

did the teacher also teach him that the whole point is that we have the power to not listen to the yeitzer harah.... and the yeitzer tov is soo happy when we dont listen to the yeitzer harah and when we do we are making our yeitzer tov sad?

Tefila

Post Tue, Nov 21 2006, 5:21 pm
Quote:
now my son is blaming everything on the yetzer hora.

Lol I can just see that LOL

happyone

Post Tue, Nov 21 2006, 9:36 pm
Very suprised. shock If the school is aware of these things and not kicking the teacher out because of politics or any other reason, I would take my child out and put her into another school.

carrot

Post Tue, Nov 21 2006, 11:10 pm
I'm just wondering... Once I was tutoring a nine year old boy and I think I was telling him the story of the Parsha or something, and I told him that Hashem told Avraham to have a Bris. He asked me "what's a Bris?" And he really had no idea. He went to Jewish school and his family was pretty frum so I was not expecting that! I don't remember what I said to him but it was very awkward because I didn't want to tread on inappropriate ground with him!

What would you have answered?
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers