Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Can you recommend a good sitcom?
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Orange

Post Sun, Jan 15 2012, 12:36 pm
Thanks emesornt and checkbefore for responding! So, should I just skip the whole first season and go straight to season 2? It feels so weird doing that...will I be confused?

MamaBear--I know what you mean re The Office. It used to be hysterical, but since Michael Scott left, it went downhill. I still watch it though out of loyalty. And they still do have some funny moments, but it's not even close to what it used to be. It's weird, though, I never liked Michael. But the show really did need him.

Last edited by amother on Fri, Aug 21 2020, 9:19 am; edited 1 time in total

EmesOrNT

Post Sun, Jan 15 2012, 12:41 pm
I skipped the whole first season of Happy Endings just because I couldn't access it online anyway. Now I'm caught up. I wasn't really that confused. It's pretty straightforward - group of friends, weird situations, yknow…

amother
Orange

Post Sun, Jan 15 2012, 12:45 pm
Got it Very Happy Thanks! Guess I'll be heading on over to Season 2! DH will be pleased, he was forced to struggle through Season 1 with me (not really forced, jk) and he didn't like it at all, along with me!
Hope we like Season 2 better...I'm putting my faith in you!

Last edited by amother on Fri, Aug 21 2020, 9:18 am; edited 1 time in total

chocolate chips

Post Sun, Jan 15 2012, 2:26 pm
We just finished watching all 10 seasons of friends Sad I am so sad it was so great I really was crying!!

We are also watching
2 n half men
2 broke girls
modern family
new girl

the first two are funnier than the last but not even comparable to friends!!!! (RIP LOL )

hot mom

Post Sun, Jan 15 2012, 2:53 pm
I watched all of Friends, Frasier, and now I am up to date with desperate housewives. All of them are great. Seinfeld is good too and you don't need to watch in order necessarily to understand what's happening.

athomemom

Post Sun, Jan 15 2012, 2:55 pm
rules of engagement
new adventures of old christine

IMHopinion

Post Thu, Feb 02 2012, 11:36 pm
Hi guys!

So I've looked into some of them- I can't believe how picky I am! Most of the actors on the shows are so fake and creepy.

The one that got my vote is last man standing!
Actors/ actresses are fantastic! So normal and natural, you feel like it's real life right there in your living room! That's also what I loved about friends.

I guess that's that for now, I still gotta research the rest of them!

Thanks all for your recommendations!

Mama Bear

Post Fri, Feb 03 2012, 12:48 am
I love Last Man Standing :-)
Another show I'm very into lately is "Hot in Cleveland". It's an all female main cast, and while the jokes aren't always squeaky clean, it's a very Funny show, with lots of gguest stars from old sitcoms.

gold21

Post Fri, Feb 03 2012, 1:07 am
chocolate chips wrote:
2 n half men

how do you watch that show? doesnt the trashiness bother you? I mean, its not just a little s-xy, its flat out gross. makes me gag every time. I know that it can be pretty funny, but the gross factor is too overwhelming for me to appreciate the show.

Last edited by gold21 on Sat, Feb 04 2012, 10:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

EmesOrNT

Post Fri, Feb 03 2012, 1:18 am
gold21 wrote:
chocolate chips wrote:
2 n half men

how do you watch that show? doesnt the trashiness bother you? I mean, its not just a little s-xy, its flat out gross. makes me gag every time. I know that it can be pretty funny, but the gross factor is too overwhelming for me to appreciate the show. and I am not a prude or an innocent little maidele by any means.
Find me a sitcom today that isn't trashy. Or any show for that matter.

gold21

Post Fri, Feb 03 2012, 1:21 am
emesornt wrote:
gold21 wrote:
chocolate chips wrote:
2 n half men

how do you watch that show? doesnt the trashiness bother you? I mean, its not just a little s-xy, its flat out gross. makes me gag every time. I know that it can be pretty funny, but the gross factor is too overwhelming for me to appreciate the show. and I am not a prude or an innocent little maidele by any means.

I know emesenort, but two and a half men takes it to a new level. like in my point of view, modern family is fine, up all night is fine, new girl is adorable, 2 broke girls is also kinda trashy, whitney is fine, 30 rock is hysterical.

IMHopinion

Post Fri, Feb 03 2012, 10:01 am
emesornt wrote:
gold21 wrote:
chocolate chips wrote:
2 n half men

Emus- that's what I like about last man standing. It's very clean and homey.

Ruchel

Post Fri, Feb 03 2012, 10:09 am
There are some not too trashy shows, like Downton abbey or Terra nova or Walking dead.
Sitcoms, well... maybe the old ones?

Cookie Monster

Post Fri, Feb 03 2012, 10:16 am
I second Hot In Cleveland!

chocolate chips

Post Fri, Feb 03 2012, 11:50 am
gold21 wrote:
chocolate chips wrote:
2 n half men

I don't really take things so seriously especially a comedy which I watch once a week at night. Its more for the one line jokes that make us in a good mood before we go to sleep and it lets us chill.
I am only watching the current episodes, I am not interested enough to go all the way back to season 1.

Melissa and Joey is good too.

flowerpower

Post Fri, Feb 03 2012, 11:54 am
Switched at birth is a new show that I just discovered and it's so well done!
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics