Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers
Cost of DayCare Vs. Salary

Yalta

Post Tue, Jan 24 2012, 7:28 am
I'm just trying to figure out is it really worth it for me to continue working when having to pay daycare?
It's so expensive and I get home tired for the few extra hundered shekels a month...
Maybe pension though is important?
for all of you working at home do you use and pay for daycare or does your 'work at home' involve taking care of the kids too?

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Jan 24 2012, 7:56 pm
Working full time isn't just for the salary that you get right now; it's for regular raises and benefits and advancing in your field.

Not to mention social security, etc.

Ruchel

Post Wed, Jan 25 2012, 9:14 am
Some women "pay to work". Because childcare is more expensive. But they do it because they love their job, or to get out of the house.

chocolate chips

Post Wed, Jan 25 2012, 9:41 am
I need to get out of the house.
When I used to work I was making $15 then $5 for babysitters and between $3-7 travelling there and back (unless I walked).

For one job it was fine because I loved it but for the other job my babysitter was not near work so I ended up spending an extra $10 more than I was making and I hated the job so for the extra $3 it was not worth it for me for stress.

But really even $5 an hour equals $40 (9-5 job) which is a waxing/massage or $40 towards electricity bill.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers