Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
DOCTOR THEME - shaloch monos (need suggestions)
1  2  Next

queen

Post Mon, Jan 21 2013, 11:22 pm
Want to dress up kids as doctors, and give out a doctor kit Sh.Monos.

Can you help us figure out what to include.

We came up with:
Dr. Pepper
pill box (with winkies inside)
cotton balls (marshmallows)
apple

we need something more substantial to include or a few more doctor items.

Thank you for your head scratching and help with ideas!

MamaBear

Post Mon, Jan 21 2013, 11:25 pm
One of those instant chicken soup cups

http://www.walmart.com/ip/1733.....h=sem

mykidsmother

Post Tue, Jan 22 2013, 12:12 am
My kids were doctors last year. And I bought the doctor boxes and out in everything that had to do with apple. Theme... An apple a day keeps the doctor away. I put in a apple. Apple candies, apple shaped cookies, apple turnovers in. A apple shape, apple juice drink, etc.

Lady Godiva

Post Tue, Jan 22 2013, 12:12 am
Pill containers with candy in it.... Cute, but not that bright after teaching our children that they should never touch pills or put them in their mouths.
I got that once with a doctor-themed mishloach manot and it went straight to the garbage.

(Sorry, I don't have any replacement suggestion.)

Lady Godiva

Post Tue, Jan 22 2013, 12:14 am
mykidsmother wrote:
My kids were doctors last year. And I bought the doctor boxes and out in everything that had to do with apple. Theme... An apple a day keeps the doctor away. I put in a apple. Apple candies, apple shaped cookies, apple turnovers in. A apple shape, apple juice drink, etc.

That's cute and a lot better than pill candy!

Potato Kugel

Post Tue, Jan 22 2013, 12:18 am
queen wrote:
Want to dress up kids as doctors, and give out a doctor kit Sh.Monos.

Can you help us figure out what to include.

We came up with:
Dr. Pepper
pill box (with winkies inside)
cotton balls (marshmallows)
apple

we need something more substantial to include or a few more doctor items.

Thank you for your head scratching and help with ideas!

cotton candy (does it even come in white?) is another idea for cotton balls

queen

Post Tue, Jan 22 2013, 12:28 am
Thanks all for responding, the chix soup idea from MamaBear is excellent and what we plan to do!!!

lili

Post Tue, Jan 22 2013, 4:14 am
mykidsmother wrote:

what are doctor boxes? where could I get that?

mom2be1

Post Tue, Jan 22 2013, 4:56 am
I think I may have seen in amazing savings or Nashville wraps online

mandr

Post Tue, Jan 22 2013, 3:36 pm
Ketchup packets for blood? Smile

bookie

Post Tue, Jan 22 2013, 3:53 pm
When my daughter was a nurse I gave out fruit punch for blood, sucking candies and heart lollypop for sore throat, winkies for vitamins. and like someone else said an apple. I wrote a poem explaining the whole thing. I don't remember what I put it in. Good Luck

cm

Post Tue, Jan 22 2013, 4:33 pm
I like the soup idea.

Proceed with caution - this theme has the potential to become a mish-mash of unappetizing items that people will complain about on imamother.

JAWSCIENCE

Post Tue, Jan 22 2013, 4:34 pm
We did this last year. We had cute Dr. bag boxes that we got online along with marshmallow "cotton swabs", jelly beans that were labelled "happy pills" and were inside a test tube not a pill box, plastic syringes filled with jello (these turned out to be a huge hit with kids who loved the idea that they could squirt jello) before someone starts screaming, these syringes have no needles and were completely sterile, side perk of my job s access to weird, sterile packed, medical supplies, sugar cookies in the shape of hearts, bones and hands.

amother

Post Tue, Jan 22 2013, 7:34 pm
cm wrote:
I like the soup idea.

Proceed with caution - this theme has the potential to become a mish-mash of unappetizing items that people will complain about on imamother.

I like general themes with real food and some nosh....maybe I'm just healthier than the average person but does anyone want a bag of...ahem, rhymes with trap.

queen

Post Tue, Jan 22 2013, 8:14 pm
The syringe idea with jello inside is brilliant!!!
Thanks all this is sooo helpful. Also, anyone who gets one of these this year will know exactly who I am Smile

Tova

Post Tue, Jan 22 2013, 9:24 pm
My friend did this one year and put in stickers and bandaids (non-food items). Great ideas here, just don't count the instant soup as one of the minim because it's not ready to eat. [Hi queen!]

sped

Post Tue, Jan 22 2013, 9:40 pm
I know someone who wrote her message on a prescription pad.

gillagin32

Post Wed, Jan 23 2013, 6:36 pm
I did this last year and to save money, instead of buying those doctor boxes, I bought a whole bunch of boxes of tissues/kleenex on sale; emptied out the tissues into a container for later use and used the tissue/leenex boxes as the container for the shaloach manos!
I put 2-3 tissues on the bottom to fluff it up and instead of using tissue paper.
Also, with this idea, no worries about cellophane/ribbons etc... just retape the end you opened to take out the tissues.
Also, we wrote the msg on a prescription pad which you can print out from google images.
G'L!

amother

Post Wed, Jan 23 2013, 6:49 pm
At amazing savings they have a small first aide box .
also use tongue depresers to spread chummos ,

queen

Post Wed, Jan 23 2013, 8:36 pm
your ideas keep rolling in.... thanks for that suggestion about writing note on prescription pad!

For the box- I plan on getting white bakery boxes- on which I'll put a sticker on outside.
For sure sticker will have the "plus" sign in red. Just trying to think what I can write together with that instead of "First Aid"

The note- I'm thinking of writing something along the lines of: with obama care taking effect we wanted you to be doubly covered.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics