Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
Gift for Host (pesach)
Previous  1  2  3  Next

stem

Post Wed, Apr 13 2005, 6:40 pm
We don't use a plastic tablecloth on Shabbos, my husband thinks the table looks nicer without it. We don't mind if things spill, and my husband puts the guests at ease when he spills some kiddush on the tablecloth every week without fail. Very Happy
We never made a seder in our house, so I don't know what we would do.

Rivk

Post Wed, Apr 13 2005, 8:50 pm
What a klutz! LOL Wink just kidding!

gryp

Post Wed, Apr 13 2005, 9:50 pm
actually its kind of fun wondering who's going to stain the brand new tablecloth first... Very Happy

RedVines

Post Thu, Apr 14 2005, 12:01 am
So are you all telling me to buy a plastic tablecloth for my hosts?!?!?!?
FOCUS, on the gift part!!!

deedee

Post Thu, Apr 14 2005, 12:52 am
u should be as helpful as possible with preparations, since there will be double the work. offer to go food shopping, (maybe paying for some of the bill w/o them knowing Wink ) peel veggies, bring along some "new" pesach recepies (we're using the ones from last year-seems like yesterday)....

my BIL said he has friends whose family came to them for pesach. the friends asked family to go food shopping, friends supplied the $. now the family wont come back cause they complained that friends make them do everthing! shock

a matza cover is nice, maybe a new becher or how bout a nice hand washing cup and bowl, for rachatz? do u know if they have an offical matzha container for the table?

Quote:
They have 3 girls so I am planning on getting the girls a huge necklace making kit.

just be careful with your baby-it has little pieces that they love to put in their mouths!

Chanie

Post Thu, Apr 14 2005, 9:40 am
stem wrote:
We don't use a plastic tablecloth on Shabbos, my husband thinks the table looks nicer without it. We don't mind if things spill, and my husband puts the guests at ease when he spills some kiddush on the tablecloth every week without fail. Very Happy
We never made a seder in our house, so I don't know what we would do.

I know what you mean... I think maybe 3 times since marriage there has been a plastic on my table. My dh thinks it uncomfortable to eat on plastic. I use those polestar table clothes that are stain "resistant", it does stain but its easier to get them out of then on my cotton ones that every time I use I have to bleach (and I hate bleach, you wouldn't know how many times I got drops on things that were colored.)
I always tell guest before they have a chance to spill that this tablecloth has been stained so many time, and so they shouldn't worry if something spills.

RedVines

Post Thu, Apr 14 2005, 11:16 am
Thanks deedee, Those were great ideas...I think I can order something today online...it should get here on time!!

RedVines

Post Thu, Apr 14 2005, 11:21 am
How about a $150 gift certificate to eichlers?

Tefila

Post Thu, Apr 14 2005, 12:39 pm
Quote:

GREAT IDEA! yey 8)

micki

Post Thu, Apr 14 2005, 5:37 pm
when we went away we brought matza, wine, and 3 cases of chicken.
plus we helped them cook.

a better gift for kids may be jewish books. kids books appropriate for their ages. they can use the books on pesach too. buy the latet one to make sure they don't have already. or jewish video. so expensive and such a treat.

Tefila

Post Thu, Apr 14 2005, 6:37 pm
Quote:
plus we helped them cook

I have this policy if you come to me you're my guest enjoy and don't do anything, and if I come to you I too, plan on doing nonething at all!!!! Wink

technic

Post Thu, Apr 14 2005, 7:21 pm
freilich ummmmmm in that case I think WELL come 2 YOU LOL LOL LOL

micki

Post Thu, Apr 14 2005, 7:48 pm
aahhh- true, me too but this was part of our gift/deal.
much more fun cooking in someone elses house!

deedee

Post Thu, Apr 14 2005, 8:59 pm
Quote:
much more fun cooking in someone elses house!

much more fun cooking when u are not doing it all alone.

Quote:
have this policy if you come to me you're my guest enjoy and don't do anything

I dont expect guests to do anything, but it would be nice if they at least offered. I would feel like a slave if I was in the kitchen doing everything while everyone was out enjoying themselves!

whenever we go away to p/ps houses for a shabbos I always do the dishes-I dont even ask just go in and start washing. I figured the hostess cooked and prepared e/t for shabbos the least I can do is wash the dishes. I've come up against alot of opposition but I always win-since I'm already elbow high in soapy water Wink

hisorerus

Post Thu, Apr 14 2005, 9:58 pm
When I was a kid, a family once came to us for Pesach and bought us a set of about 60 Rabbi Burston story tapes! We were in 7th heaven, and my parents appreciated them too, because they kept us busy and happy- and they're educational, too.

Tefila

Post Fri, Apr 15 2005, 12:37 am
Sedarim though I break that rule, and whoever wants to help me clear up thats awake Rolling Eyes I accept gladly( atchually expect it! Twisted Evil )

Motek

Post Fri, Apr 15 2005, 11:56 am
mommyoftwo wrote:

hey, that was my idea which you rejected because you said there was no judaica store in the area! Sad

Tefila

Post Fri, Apr 15 2005, 12:01 pm
And my idea Twisted Evil Motek the $150 and gift certificate Twisted Evil

Motek

Post Fri, Apr 15 2005, 12:03 pm
oKAY!!!!!!!

OUR IDEA!!!!!!!!!!!!

A COLLABORATION!!!!!!!!!!

8)

RedVines

Post Sun, Apr 17 2005, 6:52 pm
Okay...sorry you are both right...and I think its a great idea!

Thank you for your help!
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics