Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
Gift for Host (pesach)
Previous  1  2  3

gryp

Post Sun, Apr 17 2005, 4:34 pm
I was looking for a crystal decanter, not a beautiful one but nice enough to bring as a present, and today I found one! and it didnt even take much effort.... Smile

chocolate moose

Post Sat, Jan 07 2006, 3:07 pm
we have gone away a few times, but just for the first days. I always gave $100; it's just a help and it doesn't take away from their mitzvah. but we bring our own wine and matza, though.

if you doh't want to give $ you can ask to maybe pay the fruit bill or say, you're ordering the fruit for the whole yomtov, or some such.

What about Tuppereware, a new soup pot, an appliance, etc? for those, you should ask in advance, though.

chen

Post Mon, Jan 09 2006, 8:43 am
When we went to rels for sedarim only, we provided the disposable dinnerware and paper goods, plus matzah shmurah, wine and usually a box of candy or a cake for dessert. But this was all agreed to in advance as our official contribution to the sedarim (except for the candy and cake which was a bonus).
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics