Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Why is your city the best place to live?
Previous  1  2  3  Next

gryp

Post Tue, Apr 19 2005, 9:44 am
to my surprise, I actually like this rule, although I dont know all the details so I dont know if I agree with them.

as far as competition goes in certain areas- in dress, in cars, in who has the best ______,...- the way I see it is youre only part of it if you make yourself be part of it, and if you ignore it and do your own thing, you completely forget about it.

timeout

Post Tue, Apr 19 2005, 10:01 am
Competion wise I guess we're lacking since we don't have a house yet and the car is kind of falling apart Very Happy

Clothes wise my sister in laws and I have worked out a deal that we basically share clothes always borrowing maternity and other it's worked for us, even though each one of us is part of a different chassidishe sect, Bobov, Boyan, Gerer, Skverer, Stolin, Litvishe, and my inlaws used to be Lubavitch we're really international.

Sunshine

Post Tue, Apr 19 2005, 1:32 pm
timeout wrote:
my husband already delivered 3 babies.

WOW!!! shock I didn't know hatzoloh memebers were that well trained that they are able to deliver. Was this on the job "training" or they taught him how incase it happens? I thought they just do CPR and take ppl to the hospital.

Rivka

Post Tue, Apr 19 2005, 6:29 pm
I thought Hatzoloh was general paramedic. If you get a guy that isn't married, I don't think when dealing with emergency situations it really makes a difference if the guy is married or not.
Just because the guy is married doesn't mean he is less likely to sway.
So really I don't understand the married guy thing. If it's for people to feel more comfortable then that is different.

Didi

Post Tue, Apr 19 2005, 9:55 pm
I don't know were to start with this thread so I am going to be as civil as I can I hope I do a good job.

Hatzoloh members are either an Emergency Medical Technitian (EMT) or a Paramedic. You must know a lot more than "just" CPR to be part of Hatzoloh.

I no longer have any connection with Hatzoloh but My husband used to be on Hatzoloh. Never did I have to dress in any special way because of the fact that he was on Hatzoloh I hardly ever wear makeup. Single Men are not allowed on Hatzoloh in certain communities for Tzniut reasons. I think the only places they still are aloud is Flatbush, Queens, Manhattan and Staten Island (correct me if I am wrong).

As for delivering babies My husband works as an EMT for his full time Job and has delivered many babies. There is even one running around named after me since the mother was so thankful and named the baby after my hubby and his partner. So they named the kid Josephina for Jose and Deena for me.

I hope this helps

Sunshine

Post Tue, Apr 19 2005, 11:00 pm
Didi wrote:
You must know a lot more than "just" CPR to be part of Hatzoloh.

What are the requirements? You must feel very proud of your husband that he is able to help so many ppl. in a time of need.

RedVines

Post Wed, Apr 20 2005, 12:54 am
Wow did this thread go places.

Well, my city has such a great community. The kind that really cares about you and your family. They want and need you here to support the jewish life here. When there is a simcha, no one misses it. The weather is great.

We dont have restaurants, cholov yisroel cheese and milk, and as of next year the chabad preschool is closing down so I might be homeschooling.

Hmmmm

supermom

Post Wed, Apr 20 2005, 1:30 am
in israel you don't have to be married also I guess because they are dying for the need of a lot of emt running around with all of these bombs and all. what shocks me more is that once there was a 16 year old emt how young can really a person be to start to be trained for hatzala?

Didi

Post Wed, Apr 20 2005, 8:05 pm
Sunshine to answer your question it is cpr and basic response to an emergency and how to deal with it, first aid And a lot more, too tired from Pesach cleaning to get into it here.

Supermom, in Israel MADA takes people as young as 15 or 16 as they NEED the bodies. (not all of them know what they are doing. My hubby volunteered for MADA with his friends when they were in Israel for the year). He was actually one of the founders of Baruch Rofeh CHolim in Neve Yaakov. As for Hatzoloh I think they have to be out of High School so that would be 18 or 19. I will find out for you when I speak to my hubby next as he is working again till 1am.

I have to finish turning over my kitchen,

timeout

Post Thu, May 05 2005, 10:11 am
Hi everyone first of all I just got back from Israel and cannot even think straight or see straight for that matter shock

Anyway I got firsthand experiance iwth Hatzolah of Israel and was deeply disappointed. Wehad to call them for my father in law who got sick after Yom Tov. After waiting half an hour we had to call them again because no one showed up this is when they said they're going to send Magen Adom.. because it's not a real emergency mu husband was fuming how did they know what an emergency was?

By the way the only reason I'm so proud of Hatzolah is that even though no one gets paid this is not a "job" eveybody is 100% there, ok so living in Boro Park is not a piece of cake but my husband grew up here and at the moment would not think of moving so I do like the romans.

proudmom

Post Thu, May 05 2005, 10:22 am
welcome back timeout.

avigayil

Post Thu, May 05 2005, 12:01 pm
I live in Philly so I am a little out of it when it comes to BP standards.
What are the Boro Park standards for women?

supermom

Post Thu, May 05 2005, 2:13 pm
so what happened at the end timeout? unless you are still too drowsy to answer. and welcome back by the way. hope your trip was better then the Mada call.

supermom

Post Thu, May 05 2005, 2:14 pm
if you don't mind me asking. because everytime their is a call my cousin who does work with mada always says that their is someone on the way. and you are right how would they know if it is an emergency or not?

timeout

Post Fri, May 13 2005, 10:22 am
Sorry ladies I got back and got hit with killer allergies I keep walking down the street with boxes of tissues and am going insane Rolling Eyes

My father in law is still in the hospital Israel seems to be a bit slower than the states when it comes to non emergenceis. I hope he'll get out soon.

Bye the way Avigail are your kids going to Day Camp this summer?

I'll be in Philly and am looking for something for my 3 and a half year old son.

hindyandrafi

Post Fri, May 20 2005, 9:39 am
I live in Florida, where the sun is always shining, and our outdoor plans arent dictated by the weather.. Our kids can play outside year round...

As for frumkite.. we have lots going on and tons of kosher resteraunts and yeshivas to choose from.....

Hey sounds like a commercial...

Pearl

Post Mon, May 23 2005, 8:44 am
well, I am almost ready to pick up my things and move your way hindyandrafi!! Wink

Raisin

Post Tue, Jun 07 2005, 4:48 pm
I live where I live because I am needed here, but if you were looking for an ideal community you should look at:

Medium sized community where you won't get lost but there are plenty of schools, kosher food choices etc

Proximity to relatives (especially if they are willing to babysit!)

Cost of living in relation to your income

weather is a plus.

Pearl

Post Wed, Jun 08 2005, 3:25 am
Rifky, nice description!

anyone lives in a place like that????!!!! seriously, I'd like to know, as it seems that most of us make do somehow, no?

supermom

Post Wed, Jun 08 2005, 6:17 am
Rifky wrote:
I live where I live because I am needed here, but if you were looking for an ideal community you should look at:

Medium sized community
Proximity to relatives (especially if they are willing to babysit!)

Cost of living in relation to your income

weather is a plus.

that is exactly were we live minus what I erased though.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics