Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Notable Clips & Links
Is anything wrong with baby sucking her hands?

PZA

Post Sat, Mar 24 2012, 6:29 pm
My baby takes a passerfier but as she is too young to put it into her mouth she keeps on sucking her fingers is anything wrong with her doing that? Do I must take it out or is it fine?

miami85

Post Sat, Mar 24 2012, 6:32 pm
How old is she? If she's an infant there's nothing wrong with it. Babies learn through what they put in their mouths, and it is an interesting sensation to feel something in your mouth and your hand getting wet at the same time! While it could just be a sensory thing/self-soothing thing, perhaps she is hungry? That's usually one of the 'hunger cues'

ElTam

Post Sat, Mar 24 2012, 6:33 pm
It's fine. Totally normal self-soothing technique and much easier than a pacie. She can't lose her fingers, so she can find them herself rather than crying for you to find, like they do with a pacie.

PZA

Post Sat, Mar 24 2012, 6:41 pm
She is four month now! No I don't think it's a hunger sign as she can do it after food!

chocolate chips

Post Sat, Mar 24 2012, 6:58 pm
Most babies start eating their hands and fingers at some stage. Could be she is teething, could be she likes to chew on something and her hands it is.

Ds started dribbling and eating his hands at 2months, he is now 11months, no teeth, and still does it, and definitely not hungry!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> The Social Scene -> Notable Clips & Links