Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
Answers to questions you always wanted to know.
Previous  1  2  3  Next

shoy18

Post Mon, Dec 25 2006, 5:50 pm
why is their braille on the drive through atms??

Ribbie Danzinger

Post Mon, Dec 25 2006, 5:54 pm
I always wanted to know how the nutritional value on a certain brand of Israeli peanut butter adds up to more than 100 grams per 100 grams?

And, why on the milk bags it says that it is fresh milk - it doesn't stay that way but the bag doesn't change even after a week in the fridge.

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Mon, Dec 25 2006, 5:57 pm
la456 wrote:
since 3rd grade I wondered ....
on milk bottles it says must be sold before "january 12" in new york and before midnight the day before in new jersey"
maybe im an idiot but isnt that the same thing?????????

same question here --
but I think it means in NY you can still buy it Jan 12th but in NJ only by Jan 11 at 11:59 PM it's okay??

GAMZu

Post Mon, Dec 25 2006, 6:12 pm
Ribbie- the same idea: On foam cups it is printed "caution: HOT"
But it's not. On others it is much smarter: "Liquid may be hot."

withhumor

Post Mon, Dec 25 2006, 7:38 pm
Lilly, same reason that they also give the inmates a last meal.

amother

Post Mon, Dec 25 2006, 7:38 pm
This may be deleted soon, but I always wondered… does the HIV get created from multiple partners or is it simply passed on from one infected person to another? Basically, can it suddenly get created in you or can you only catch it? I’m stumped.

imaamy

Post Mon, Dec 25 2006, 8:06 pm
HIV is a virus that is transmitted through bodily fluids. It goes from one person to another. It is not created every time.

mumoo

Post Sun, May 20 2007, 10:15 am
shininglight wrote:
Ha, Lilly - that's a great question!!

About nursing - I noticed that I had less milk when I ate less ... so there was def. a connection there, for me at least.

try increasing fluid intake, that's what 'makes' the milk. the food merely provides vitamins; if you eat sufficient nutrition, even if less amount of food, the quality of milk should not be not diminished.

shoy18

Post Sun, May 20 2007, 10:19 am
heres a funny one, Why is there braille on the drive up atm's?? If you cant see you certainly shouldnt be driving.

greenfire

Post Sun, May 20 2007, 10:28 am
shoy18 wrote:
heres a funny one, Why is there braille on the drive up atm's?? If you cant see you certainly shouldnt be driving.

funny that you posted that again ... because nobody noticed it the first time ... I guess they need braille to see Wink - good question unless some people walk up to the drive ups ... who really knows ... let's ask the banks ...

about that NJ vs NY milk ... yeah wouldn't they rot the same time ... or even earlier in NY because of transport?

Lilly - that question is good but either way a little morbid to think about ...

gotta think of my own question ... nothing comes to mind just yet - but perhaps 3 am it will ...

SouthernShalom

Post Sun, May 20 2007, 10:29 am
I don't think anyone can answer this but I once saw an add in the paper that was selling a used coffin for $500.????? What happend?? shock

greenfire

Post Sun, May 20 2007, 10:34 am
SouthernShalom wrote:
I don't think anyone can answer this but I once saw an add in the paper that was selling a used coffin for $500.????? What happend?? shock

Scratching Head good question ... the person decided not to die ... to be cremated ... to dump the body for the money ... got a good deal so bought 2 ... What

chocolate moose

Post Sun, May 20 2007, 12:34 pm
or used the coffin for s/thing else.

chen

Post Mon, May 21 2007, 11:13 pm
willow wrote:
instead of tissues they have cut up toilet paper. Why do they do that is it cheaper.

tissues and toilet paper are not made the same way. Toilet paper is made to fall apart when it gets really wet so that it will flow through the pipes. Tissues pride themselves on their "wet strength" and are not supposed to fall apart. using facial tissue instead of toilet paper can cause major clogging in the plumbing--and believe me, shabbos is not a good day to clog your plumbing.

signed,
been there, done that

Dini

Post Mon, May 21 2007, 11:20 pm
why do ppl smoke?

MyKidsRQte

Post Mon, May 21 2007, 11:50 pm
SouthernShalom wrote:

A vampire was using it, and decided he needed a new bed shock

redhot

Post Mon, May 21 2007, 11:53 pm
SouthernShalom wrote:

maybe it was used in some sort of haunted house?

amother

Post Mon, May 21 2007, 11:58 pm
Quote:
why do ppl smoke?

cuz it "feels" good & helps relieve stress or at least feel like a little stress relief & also there are chemicals in cigarettes that make them addictive

redhot

Post Tue, May 22 2007, 12:01 am
amother above- all those reasons are why people cant stop smoking easily..but the answer hasnt been given as to why people BEGIN Smoking. I think part of the answer is peer pressure: to look cool or 'grown up', ..Which is why I think people who smoke are quite pathetic.

amother

Post Tue, May 22 2007, 12:06 am
I agree, but the question was just "why do ppl smoke," not "why do they begin smoking"

I agree with everything you said though-- and I would add that there might also be an element of teens feeling pressured and stressed and upset and looking for some way to "chill out" but again I agree that peer pressure is a biggie
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics