Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Clean-ish movies to watch with dh
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Ginger

Post Sun, Oct 23 2022, 4:15 pm
Witness

amother
Fern

Post Sun, Oct 23 2022, 4:46 pm
Sweet home Alabama
The Fugitive

endlesslybaking

Post Sun, Oct 23 2022, 4:57 pm
mommyhood wrote:
I am looking for suggestions of movies to watch with dh on vacation. I'm looking for something somewhat clean, some things we've watched in the past are The Blind side and Newsies. I don't generally enjoy action movies but if you have suggestions of ones that aren't too violent I would look into them.

My primary recommendation for any and all frum people in regards to entertainment is: WATCH OLD MOVIES!
In the era between the Hays code and the women's lib, aka anything between 1934 and 1969, almost all american movies were held to the strictest standards. No nudity, no foul language, not even insinuations!
Hubby and I love old black and white movies. You can find them in any type, and most are available for free online.
We love comedies, such as The Women, Ninotchka, His Girl Friday, My Favorite Wife...
Old TV comedies are great too, like What's My Line, I Love Lucy, You Bet Your Life..
There's lots of really good thrillers. We love Mildred Pierce, Double Indemnity, Suspicion, Letter from an Unknown Woman.
Our all time favorite movie is Love Affair. This one is a mix of romance, comedy and drama.
There is women's singing in it though.

Just my recommendation Wink
I grew up watching black and white stuff, as did my kids. Much better than lots of the stuff there is all there and I don't need to be on the constant hunt for filtering, most well known films from that era are clean.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics