Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
Laundry Dryer "Balls"

pumpkinsbubby

Post Fri, Aug 03 2012, 11:18 am
Has anyone tried those"Laundry-balls" made specifically for use in the dryer to save drying time and to keep clothes fluffed up. They are supposed to replace the dryer sheets or liquids and prevent static cling?
I finally bought a set of two, but when I put them in the dryer with towels this morning, they bounce so loud that I'm actually afraid they can damage the inside dryer walls. Your comments, please!
Also, I bought some no-name brand, would a name brand product do a better job?

mummiedearest

Post Fri, Aug 03 2012, 11:20 am
I use the generic ones. they won't break your machine. they definitely work. I have a moisture sensor on my machine, and the drying time is definitely shorter when I use these. I also haven't had to deal with static cling in ages. they do eventually split in half. you can use tennis balls for the same purpose, and I have heard that people have used old shoes like this for years. I like the dryer balls, though. they're easy to identify among my kids' toys.

Maya

Post Fri, Aug 03 2012, 11:46 am
I use them and see a reduction in drying time. They do make a lot of noise but my laundry room is in my cellar so I barely hear it.

pumpkinsbubby

Post Fri, Aug 03 2012, 1:40 pm
But they don't/won't break the dryer from all their knocking against the walls of the machine the whole time? My dryer is in the basement, but I can hear it all the way upstairs, lol!

thatgirl

Post Fri, Aug 03 2012, 1:49 pm
I would prob be concerned if they were making that much noise! But I'm sure if so many ppl are using it than it must be safe.

pumpkinsbubby

Post Wed, Aug 08 2012, 7:02 pm
* B U M P *
Ok, so now that I heard the "positive" feedback, I was wondering if anyone had a problem related to using these "balls," as far as them being too tough on the walls of the dryer, thus causing the interior paint to peel or become rusty or anything else I should know about. TIA!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars