Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Do you ever get to use the phone?!
Previous  1  2

miami85

Post Mon, Aug 27 2012, 1:43 pm
I dont have a landline only cell phone, but I use a bluetooth almost all the time. That way if my 20 month toddler runs off with my phone I can still make/ receive calls. Sometimes he wants the bluetooth but then I can take it off and put it out of his reach until he loses interest. Bluetooths are a wonderful invention! Leaves my hands free so u I can cook, change diapers, sweep, push stroller-- u name it! I even have 2-3 so one is always available!

seeker

Post Mon, Aug 27 2012, 2:20 pm
I don't understand, I can see a bluetooth helping because you can stick the phone out of reach but if your kid takes the phone aren't they hanging up on people, making calls, etc?! I am SO EMBARRASSED sometimes by the people DD calls! I've put my phone in airplane mode when not expecting anything important and then she manages to change phone numbers of my contacts! I have GOT to be firmer about not letting her anywhere near the thing!

Today for example I had to use the phone to settle some insurance claims that got fouled up. She was playing happily and independently. She comes to me and asks for a drink. I make eye contact, nod, and GIVE her the drink. She got attention and what she wanted. She STILL started screaming. I don't know what the problem was but I couldn't hear a word of the phone call. Grrrr.

I think teenagers are no problem in this regard; get them their own phone line and they won't bother you at all, no?

gem

Post Mon, Aug 27 2012, 9:18 pm
I have a different problem with using the phone. My toddler dd takes the phone and plays with it. She presses random buttons until she's actually dialed a phone number. I actually have to keep the landline unplugged when I'm not using it because I worry she might dial 911 one day! I give her toy phones, even an extra phone that looks just like the landline phone, but nothing beats the real thing. Smile

Once in a while she gives me a hard time about talking on the phone, like if I'm trying to call someone during her bath time. Then she gets very disruptive, standing up and splashing me...lol.

yo'ma

Post Tue, Aug 28 2012, 6:58 am
seeker wrote:
I think teenagers are no problem in this regard; get them their own phone line and they won't bother you at all, no?

You think they're no problem?? Last night I was on the phone and only my 4 year old and my 14 year old were up and the 14 year old was the one who was making noise and bothering me. Okay, she was doing it on purpose and trying to be annoying, but still... LOL Oh, it worked Wink .

How about my 2 year old who loves to play with my cell phone and literally broke it. He broke it in half. shock
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics