Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
FOOD STAMPS. Feel free to ask Eligibility Worker any questio
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

tb

Post Tue, Sep 04 2012, 9:50 am
It is not an award from the school. someone is just helping us out by paying our tuition. How does that count?

amother

Post Tue, Sep 04 2012, 3:13 pm
two questions

1. my husband receives parsonage to help pay our mortgage- is that counted as income or as an expense?

2. How do you do the liquid asset test? In my state you can't have more than 2000 in liquid assets. I earn more than that and the paycheck gets deposited into the bank and them pays for all our expenses from there. How do they determine the liquid assets? some days there can be 2500 in there and at times there can be 300?

Thanks

amother

Post Tue, Sep 04 2012, 3:28 pm
we are a household of 4 (me and 3 children). So I make more than the income limits stated for a fam of 4, however, I have childcare expenses of 640 per month, and I saw somewhere different eligibility tables for those with dependent care expenses. So will they go by that table, under which I would then qualify?

thank you

Boni

Post Tue, Sep 04 2012, 3:50 pm
amother wrote:
How much is the most income a family of 4 can make to still be eligible for food stamps?

$2422/m gross (if no disabled or people over 60 years old on the case)

Boni

Post Tue, Sep 04 2012, 3:58 pm
tb wrote:
It is not an award from the school. someone is just helping us out by paying our tuition. How does that count?

Be prepered to present your case to the worker, so he won't enter that money as your income. Bring statement from the person with his contact # to verify it in case, anything will help: copy of direct check to the school or any record from his account that he is paying your tuitions. Be ready to talk to the Sup. Good luck.

Boni

Post Tue, Sep 04 2012, 4:15 pm
amother wrote:
two questions 1. my husband receives parsonage to help pay our mortgage- is that counted as income or as an expense? 2. How do you do the liquid asset test? In my state you can't have more than 2000 in liquid assets. I earn more than that and the paycheck gets deposited into the bank and them pays for all our expenses from there. How do they determine the liquid assets? some days there can be 2500 in there and at times there can be 300? Thanks
1. I've seen only one case with a parsonage. The person brought verif. that his mortgage paid by organization, so the money were not counted as his income and mortgage expense was not counted as well 2. I got your #2 question now. You have to verify current amount in your bank account, that will be entered to the system by the worker. So if it less than the limit, then you will be OK. But I am pretty sure it should be exemption of resources at least for household with children under 18. That was in CA before they exempt resoureces for all households. Call your FS office to find out.

Boni

Post Wed, Sep 05 2012, 2:27 am
amother wrote:
we are a household of 4 (me and 3 children). So I make more than the income limits stated for a fam of 4, however, I have childcare expenses of 640 per month, and I saw somewhere different eligibility tables for those with dependent care expenses. So will they go by that table, under which I would then qualify? thank you
I don't think so. I've never seen the tables

amother

Post Wed, Sep 05 2012, 8:36 am
First, I want to thank you for taking time to do this.

We are a family of four. My children each receive $1785.00 from Social Security because their father died. They also have money from his estate. I am legally precluded from spending any of their money on my husband and I. I have to keep receipts and affirm yearly the money was spent exclusively on them. My husband earns less than $800.00 a month.

Can I separate their income somehow from mine and my husband to qualify?

Boni

Post Wed, Sep 05 2012, 3:42 pm
amother wrote:
First, I want to thank you for taking time to do this.

We are a family of four. My children each receive $1785.00 from Social Security because their father died. They also have money from his estate. I am legally precluded from spending any of their money on my husband and I. I have to keep receipts and affirm yearly the money was spent exclusively on them. My husband earns less than $800.00 a month.

Can I separate their income somehow from mine and my husband to qualify?

With NO legal preclusion (is that the right word?) the answer is NO. But in your situation, I've never seen case like that, if you have legal documents to verify that, I would give it a try. Most likely the worker won't be able to make a decision by himself, so be ready to talk to the Sup, manager,.. Good luck

amother

Post Wed, Oct 10 2012, 11:03 pm
how can I prove income from self employment? the case worker told me that they will not use the tax return for that and there are no checks or stubs from our self employed business.

Boni

Post Wed, Oct 10 2012, 11:32 pm
amother wrote:
how can I prove income from self employment? the case worker told me that they will not use the tax return for that and there are no checks or stubs from our self employed business.
Bank statements for the last 3 months will work. The worker will calculate your average monthly income based on the deposits. If you are getting paid by cash and spending it without making any deposits into your bank account, and there is no way to verify it, so you need to write a self-declaration

amother

Post Thu, Oct 11 2012, 5:28 pm
thank you -

does the self declaration have to be notarized?

amother

Post Thu, Oct 11 2012, 8:39 pm
Thanks for this thread. I have a young girl living with me. She is from a dysfunctional home and I took her in. I was wondering if she could get Food Stamps for herself. She is 18, recently got a job, hasn't gotten paid yet but she should be making about 1400 monthly. I'm drowning in expenses for her and would love to at least know that some of the food expense could be taken care of.

1) Is this income going to work?
2) Does it make a difference that she hasn't gotten paid yet? Would she need to wait for a paycheck before applying (now she has $0 income)

amother

Post Thu, Oct 11 2012, 9:50 pm
I reported my card lost. How long will it take to get a replacement?

amother

Post Thu, Oct 11 2012, 10:19 pm
amother wrote:

Mine took 2 days

Boni

Post Fri, Oct 12 2012, 1:23 am
amother wrote:
thank you -

does the self declaration have to be notarized?

No, but you may be asked to sign special form that you are declaring under penalty of perjury.

Last edited by Boni on Fri, Oct 12 2012, 2:09 am; edited 1 time in total

Boni

Post Fri, Oct 12 2012, 1:55 am
amother wrote:
Thanks for this thread. I have a young girl living with me. She is from a dysfunctional home and I took her in. I was wondering if she could get Food Stamps for herself. She is 18, recently got a job, hasn't gotten paid yet but she should be making about 1400 monthly. I'm drowning in expenses for her and would love to at least know that some of the food expense could be taken care of.

1) Is this income going to work?
2) Does it make a difference that she hasn't gotten paid yet? Would she need to wait for a paycheck before applying (now she has $0 income)

She can apply as a separate household if she claims that she doesn't buy and prepare food with anyone else as long as she is not living with per parents. Children under 22 years old can not apply separately if living with at least one parent. Regarding her income - if it is not a self-employment then it would be over the gross limit for household of 1 person. In our county we were given instructions on how to treat anticipated income. If the client knows how much $, how often will get paid and when he is expecting the first check, then anticipated income counted. If that info is unknown to the client then the case to be approved with $0 income, and he will have to report it later.

Boni

Post Fri, Oct 12 2012, 2:08 am
amother wrote:
amother wrote:

Mine took 2 days

At my place if the client requesting a new card to be picked up in the office, it's ready in 15 min, by mail -up to a week.

amother

Post Fri, Oct 12 2012, 7:38 am
Good morning!
I re-applied for food stamps about 6 weeks ago and received emergency food stamps a week later. I went in for the fingerprints the following week, the first week in September and havent received this month's food stamps (for the 11th). Am I supposed to receive a letter in the mail that my fingerprints were received or should I just keep checking my balance? How long from when I go in for fingerprints until food stamps come in regularly?

Thank you!!

amother

Post Fri, Oct 12 2012, 7:38 am
Good morning!
I re-applied for food stamps about 6 weeks ago and received emergency food stamps a week later. I went in for the fingerprints the following week, the first week in September and havent received this month's food stamps (for the 11th). Am I supposed to receive a letter in the mail that my fingerprints were received or should I just keep checking my balance? How long from when I go in for fingerprints until food stamps come in regularly?

Thank you!!
Page 2 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics