Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Tehillim Needed
BDE Kayla Rus A"H bas Bunim Tuvia
  Previous  1  2  3 9  10  11 37  38  39  Next

Tova

Post Sun, Jan 26 2014, 7:41 pm
amother wrote:
Bikur Cholim in Washington gives great support to families at NIH-- please contact them!

http://www.bikurcholimgw.org/

You can also sign up for the Silver Spring Jewish Listserve (http://www.jewishsilverspring.org/) we are a very friendly, helpful community and often get requests from families receiving treatment at NIH. Sometimes people post about rides to/from NY and often about bringing packages to/from NY.

There are so many options for getting to DC. The cheapest/easiest from NY is the bus. I prefer Bolt or Megabus. They both take you very near the metro, so very easy to get to NIH. Amtrak is also very reliable and a bit more comfortable...tickets often go on sale.

Even better. I didn't know there was a BC in Washington. Honestly I would not be a good contact for any services or accomodations in Silver Spring / DC. But anything Baltimore related I could definitely help!

boysrus

Post Sun, Jan 26 2014, 8:09 pm
Thank you so very much for the update obsesseddancer. I just got home from my chevras tehillim about an hour ago, and after making a yehi ratzon for kayla rus among other cholim, I decided to come online when I got home to post something to you!

I wish you tremendous hatzlachah with the new treatment in DC, now I wish I lived there so that I could meet up with you and help out even if just moral support, but unfortunately I do not live there...

May the doctors in DC be Hashem's right shiluchim to orchestrate a complete and speedy refuah for your daughter. Chazak v'ematz, many many hugs.

obsesseddancer

Post Sat, Mar 01 2014, 7:24 pm
Hi, all, so just a quick update. We are in-between visits to the NIH, we were there for 4 days last week. We took Amtrak, but next week we are flying back for the month's duration. Bikur Cholim was amazing with the food, and the people at the Children's Inn at NIH are great. The procedure she underwent was extremely grueling, and she is only the 10th person in this trial, which is very experimental. Have special kavanah please on the 8th & 9th of March (pre-transplant chemo) and the 11th, the big day.

Also if you can please donate via our Chai Lifeline link or my paypal at obsesseddancer@aol.com, we are saving up to bring the rest of the family for a Shabbos at least once during the long stay. Unfortunately they cannot come for Purim, and we will be stuck in the hospital, so somehow Hashem will just have to see to it that we get to celebrate properly! Very Happy

boysrus

Post Sat, Mar 01 2014, 7:27 pm
obsesed dancer! I had been wondering what was news! thank you so much for the update... I am going to put march 8th adn 9th on my calendar to spend extra time davening for kayla rus. we look forward to hearing good news. may this month of Adar bring extra joy and happiness. venahafoch hu - may all the hardships and challenges and pain and distress turn into joy and good health with HKBH's help
many many hugs,
stay strong all of you.

obsesseddancer

Post Sun, Mar 02 2014, 6:08 am
Thanks so much, and please also remember March 11, that is when she will be receiving back the cells they extracted last week, this is the essence of the trial, and if it works and her tumors shrink in subsequent scans, we may repeat the process and get her into remission once and for all. If not, we are back to square one, chas v'shalom.

the world's best mom

Post Sun, Mar 02 2014, 7:08 am
I will have her mind. She should have a Refuah Shelaima B'Karov.

smiledr

Post Sun, Mar 02 2014, 8:18 am
Is there a way to send her mishloqch manot to the hospital or where ure staying ?

obsesseddancer

Post Sun, Mar 02 2014, 8:29 am
I'm not sure, good question, because we will be inpatiant then... I will try to find out on Friday when we sign in. We have a little time till Purim (I know, not much!)

MaBelleVie

Post Sun, Mar 02 2014, 8:37 am
Hugs! I think of you often, and I put a reminder in my phone to say extra tehillim on those crucial days.

greenfire

Post Sun, Mar 02 2014, 9:08 am
thanks for keeping us updated in the middle of your upheaval ... may Hashem help things go smoothly - I daven for you & your daughter all the time ... always davening for a refuah shelaima for kayla rus & strength for her mom to deal with all that needs to be done !!! [& I even remember your names now]

I actually said her perek in tehillim this shabbos mevorchim as well ... פרק י"ז a good time to daven for sustenance & healing ... Hug Hug

boysrus

Post Sun, Mar 02 2014, 11:35 am
obsesseddancer wrote:
Thanks so much, and please also remember March 11, that is when she will be receiving back the cells they extracted last week, this is the essence of the trial, and if it works and her tumors shrink in subsequent scans, we may repeat the process and get her into remission once and for all. If not, we are back to square one, chas v'shalom.

sorry obsesseddancer, I missed that one, I am so glad you responded to my mistake, now I can add it to my calendar. I have all of my kids davening for kayla rus, may she have a refuah sheleimah bimhayroh

amother

Post Sun, Mar 02 2014, 1:08 pm
Can you post an address at the hospital with visiting hours

I may be going to Baltimore during bain hazmanim and would like to try to come...

obsesseddancer

Post Mon, Mar 03 2014, 9:01 am
Hi, thanks to everyone for all your davening. To the previous anonymous poster, I appreciate your desire to visit, but my daughter is extremely private and a bit shy. She does not like the idea of my posting about her and I only do it against her wishes because I feel that it is important for her to have the extra tefillos from klal Yisrael, and I know that people are also rewarded for all the extra mitzvos they do on our behalf. I do not think she would appreciate strangers coming to visit, but anyone who wishes to send mishloach manos can look up the address of the pediatric inpatient department of the NIH in Bethesda. Sorry if I seem at all abrupt, I really do appreciate everything you all are doing, but. I cannot have my daughter's wrath upon me, LOL.

amother

Post Mon, Mar 03 2014, 10:03 am
Sent you $50 via Chai Lifeline for some Simchas Purim
Refuah Sheleimah you are on our minds..

tulip4u

Post Mon, Mar 03 2014, 10:38 am
Chaya Rochel, you are an inspiration!! May Adar bring for you and your family the true happiness we are so davenning for!!

obsesseddancer

Post Tue, Mar 04 2014, 10:51 am
Thank you so much, Amen!
And thanks so much, Anonymous, for the donation!

boysrus

Post Tue, Mar 11 2014, 7:46 am
just wanted to bump this up so that everyone will daven today for kayla rus bas chaya rochel. today is a big day, adn she needs our tefillos urgently. May HKBH bless her with good health ad meah ve'esrim, with His help may todays treatment be successful. Please tell everyone you know to daven for her!
chaya rochel if you are reading this, chazak v'ematz, we are all thinking ofyou and davening for rachamei shamayim. many hugs to you all.

greenfire

Post Tue, Mar 11 2014, 8:00 am
we are with you in prayer !!! Hug

amother

Post Tue, Mar 11 2014, 8:08 am
Refuah Shlaima. Just donated $100 to Chai Lifeline and specified funds should go to you.

boysrus

Post Tue, Mar 11 2014, 10:39 am
just bumping for more tefillos
Page 10 of 39   Previous  1  2  3 9  10  11 37  38  39  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Tehillim Needed