Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
My son has gender disorder....
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

GAMZu

Post Wed, Feb 06 2013, 10:47 am
amother wrote:
Op here

I don't know that it is entirely normal. I have three other boys. From the time he could talk he has wanted us to buy him rings etc., when we go to the store he wants the barbie ball. He would love it if I bought him princess dresses which I wont. I actually don't discourage it. If that is who he is, that is who he is. I just need help navigating this path. I don't warn him to be an outcast.

I am also not sure he will out grow it. He is 6 years old and it has been like this since he could talk.

OP, if you are comfortable "outing" yourself, then PM me. I have a son of the same age who was also like that his whole life. I'm sure we can have what to talk about.

Mimisinger

Post Wed, Feb 06 2013, 10:52 am
imasinger wrote:
My 6 year old also loves pink and purple, light blue and sparkles. He is jealous of his sisters' pretty clothing and jewelry. We give him age appropriate bead necklaces and let him play dress up. I bought him a couple of pink Izod shirts to wear to school when he wants.

He likes helping his sister dress up dolls, but he also loves Lego and toy cars and trains.

My question for OP is, does your DS have any interests that are usually considered "boy things"?

And a side comment on watergirl's story. I agree with her. There is a difference between support and inappropriate sxualization. I don't think it is right to take a young child of either gender into the shower and "teach" them to shave.

Not to mention - was the mother naked at the time?

PS when my ds was little, we would go to the park and play with the strollers that were there to the point where I had to buy one so he wouldn't take the girl's strollers. We also have baby dolls, a non-pink doll house and a play kitchen. And no girls. I had friends that were shocked that I would get my boys these things. I told them that I'm comfortable with my child's xuality and I'm teaching him to be a good abba.

Mimisinger

Post Wed, Feb 06 2013, 10:56 am
And Dolly - there are just no words. I'm not going to waste my time writing to you, I just hope no other moms are reading your posts as something to emulate. I do agree with some you wrote - but it was so overshadowed by the shtus.

HindaRochel

Post Wed, Feb 06 2013, 11:20 am
One of mine bought an American Girl Doll for himself. Saved his money and everything.
Proud dad of one with one on the way.
Quite the scholar.
Just don't worry about it all. If you harp on it either way you'll have problems.
I let my kids play with whatever toys they like and all are heterosexuals.

zigi

Post Wed, Feb 06 2013, 11:26 am
I am glad that my son has an older sister. he used to wear her nightgowns and pink sweater in the house. he also plays with the doll house. all the boys enjoy polly pocket. the biggest insult is that he isn't invited to the tea party.

he also plays with lego cars etc....

all my boys like cooking and baking and helping with the baby. my dd wanted thomas for a potty training prize

HindaRochel

Post Wed, Feb 06 2013, 11:42 am
shabbatiscoming wrote:
Dolly Welsh wrote:
Quote:
Do NOT ask him to help you with the baby, fetch something for her care from across the room, carry stuff for you, or in any way ask for little helps and favors that you would not ask from the toughest of your other sons, or anybody's sons, or a rabbi. In fact, be extra careful with this one. Those little sweet help requests are not appropriate with boys, especially this one. All flames about this will be ignored. You must treat him like a superior, in one sense. Not like a servant. Your daughter will help you shlep and prep. Not your sons. Repeat, all flames will be ignored.
Dolly, someone else just quoted you, I did not see your post till now. Are you for real? Make him superior? Are you serious? This is a little boy, enjoying "girl" things.
And you wrote "your daughter will help you shlep, not your sons". Where are we? In 1940 america? Really? Your post disturbs me on so many levels!!!!!! Do your sons (assuming you have any) not help and shlep at home? Wow, talk about sexism in a weird way. Not "allowing" a son to help is just wrong, in so many ways. children, no matter which gender they are should learn to help, with whatever the parents tell them to. I am disturbed by your post dolly.

Oh for grief sakes, Dolly is a troll. I am fairly certain of it. If not, well let her live in her own wacky world. Honestly, referring to a beauty parlor containing cooties was the point at which I go...oh yeah, okay.

sequoia

Post Wed, Feb 06 2013, 12:12 pm
Even I am beginning to have doubts...

Fabulous

Post Wed, Feb 06 2013, 12:20 pm
HindaRochel wrote:
frw wrote:
My dd takes ballet lessons and my ds is enthralled with it? Are there any ballet classes for boys?

Of course there are! And males are greatly appreciated as there are less of them. But yeah, just do a search. Depends on where you live naturally.

In fact, many football players are known to take some ballet lessons because it makes them more agile or something.

Barbara

Post Wed, Feb 06 2013, 12:21 pm
HindaRochel wrote:
shabbatiscoming wrote:
Dolly Welsh wrote:
Quote:
Do NOT ask him to help you with the baby, fetch something for her care from across the room, carry stuff for you, or in any way ask for little helps and favors that you would not ask from the toughest of your other sons, or anybody's sons, or a rabbi. In fact, be extra careful with this one. Those little sweet help requests are not appropriate with boys, especially this one. All flames about this will be ignored. You must treat him like a superior, in one sense. Not like a servant. Your daughter will help you shlep and prep. Not your sons. Repeat, all flames will be ignored.
Dolly, someone else just quoted you, I did not see your post till now. Are you for real? Make him superior? Are you serious? This is a little boy, enjoying "girl" things.
And you wrote "your daughter will help you shlep, not your sons". Where are we? In 1940 america? Really? Your post disturbs me on so many levels!!!!!! Do your sons (assuming you have any) not help and shlep at home? Wow, talk about sexism in a weird way. Not "allowing" a son to help is just wrong, in so many ways. children, no matter which gender they are should learn to help, with whatever the parents tell them to. I am disturbed by your post dolly.

Oh for grief sakes, Dolly is a troll. I am fairly certain of it. If not, well let her live in her own wacky world. Honestly, referring to a beauty parlor containing cooties was the point at which I go...oh yeah, okay.

What on earth are you talking about?

We all should acknowledge and admit that all males are our superiors, and treat them as such. Even 6 year-old males. The sooner we acknowledge the superiority of our male toddlers and preschoolers, the better.

Dolly, please remember to give that same advice to every woman here who bemoans the fact that her husband does not help as much as she would like. Particularly with Pesach coming, make it a macro that you can insert in innumerable threads:

Quote:
Those little sweet help requests are not appropriate with [males], especially this one. All flames about this will be ignored. You must treat him like a superior, in one sense. Not like a servant. Your daughter will help you shlep and prep. Not your sons [and husbands].

Remember that, everyone. "If it has a schlong, no chores need be done. It is does not, a worker you've got." Hope this helps everyone.

Fox

Post Wed, Feb 06 2013, 12:28 pm
HindaRochel wrote:
shabbatiscoming wrote:
Dolly Welsh wrote:
Quote:

Oh for grief sakes, Dolly is a troll. I am fairly certain of it.

Nah, I just figured it out: she's my MIL. Now things are beginning to make sense . . .

b from nj

Post Wed, Feb 06 2013, 12:28 pm
Barbara wrote:
HindaRochel wrote:
shabbatiscoming wrote:
Dolly Welsh wrote:
Quote:

What on earth are you talking about?

We all should acknowledge and admit that all males are our superiors, and treat them as such. Even 6 year-old males. The sooner we acknowledge the superiority of our male toddlers and preschoolers, the better.

Dolly, please remember to give that same advice to every woman here who bemoans the fact that her husband does not help as much as she would like. Particularly with Pesach coming, make it a macro that you can insert in innumerable threads:

Quote:
Those little sweet help requests are not appropriate with [males], especially this one. All flames about this will be ignored. You must treat him like a superior, in one sense. Not like a servant. Your daughter will help you shlep and prep. Not your sons [and husbands].

Remember that, everyone. "If it has a schlong, no chores need be done. It is does not, a worker you've got." Hope this helps everyone.

Rolling Laughter

Barbara

Post Wed, Feb 06 2013, 1:39 pm
Dolly Welsh wrote:
SNIP
Re read the Joseph story. He ended up a great Tzaddik.

The "coat of many colors" was actually a princess dress? And all of his brothers were jealous?

That really does put a whole new spin on the story.

HindaRochel

Post Wed, Feb 06 2013, 1:47 pm
Barbara wrote:
Dolly Welsh wrote:
SNIP

The "coat of many colors" was actually a princess dress? And all of his brothers were jealous?

I guess that means we are suppose to dress our boys up in pretty colors. I'll inform my dil right away. Thanks Dolly for the advice.

And thanks Barbara for pointing out further proof of trollism.
I think she is either someone else here on the board having fun, or a man/yeshiva bochur having fun.

You all do know that don't you? They come on here for fun?

GAMZu

Post Wed, Feb 06 2013, 2:46 pm
Barbara wrote:
Dolly Welsh wrote:
SNIP

It's a RAINBOW dress. Yosef was OBVIOUSLY queer.

Quote:

Applause Not worthy Yes Thumbs Up LOL

mandr

Post Wed, Feb 06 2013, 2:46 pm
A relative of mine has twins: a girl and boy. The boy loves the barbie dolls and making hairstyles and playing with the kitchen set. The girl loves the trucks and noisy toys. Go figure! They're so cute that way. I think it's great that they're cashing in on this "crossing territory" thing while they're young (3) so nobody's thinking they have gender disorders Confused

imasinger

Post Wed, Feb 06 2013, 2:54 pm
If Dolly is not for real, give her this -- she has engendered (no pun intended) some pretty hilarious threads of late.

But I think that she has offered a lot to this board, and many times, her advice is right on target. OK, so her views of gender roles and society seem just a tad outside the solar system. But that has been plain for a while. Disagree (or agree) and keep going. So what? We all have our quirks; I know that I do.

watergirl

Post Wed, Feb 06 2013, 4:02 pm
HindaRochel wrote:
Barbara wrote:
Dolly Welsh wrote:
SNIP

I guess that means we are suppose to dress our boys up in pretty colors. I'll inform my dil right away. Thanks Dolly for the advice.

I think she is either someone else here on the board having fun, or a man/yeshiva bochur having fun.

Hello, Dolly has over 2500 posts. That's some pretty awesome dedication for a bochur who is just on here to troll and have some fun messing around with us.

HindaRochel

Post Wed, Feb 06 2013, 4:11 pm
watergirl wrote:
HindaRochel wrote:
Barbara wrote:
Dolly Welsh wrote:
SNIP

Hello, Dolly has over 2500 posts. That's some pretty awesome dedication for a bochur who is just on here to troll and have some fun messing around with us.

You don't realize there are men who pretend they are women for years? It is a kick to them. Number of posts mean nothing.

There are also men who play on their wives accounts.

happybeingamom

Post Wed, Feb 06 2013, 4:14 pm
Bashing someone because you don't like their opinion is rude.

amother

Post Wed, Feb 06 2013, 4:18 pm
Op here, thanks to everyone. It normalises the what I am going through when I here your situations.
Page 3 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Recent Topics