Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Does anyone want the cheap dumpy bungalow next door to mine?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5 9  10  11  Next

bookie

Post Mon, Jun 17 2013, 9:27 pm
Your talk about Jay just confirmed it. My parents went there in the 70's and then back again in the mid 90's. I was only there for two years in the 90's and don't remember much but my parents have great memories. In the 70's they were on west side and later on, on the pool side.

gold21

Post Mon, Jun 17 2013, 9:29 pm
WBM, we don't really know YOU specifically, just your family. I mean, my sis knows your family, I don't really.

If this make u feel creepy, PM me and I'll tell u who I am. Don't wanna make u uncomfortable at all.

Not a prob to tell u who I am. Just PM.

Yakira

Post Mon, Jun 17 2013, 9:54 pm
gold21's sister? Hmmmmm trying to figure out which one!

I am very tempted to go back! Maybe that week of August 19 when I'm off but my husband is a little higher maintenance than I am....

gold21

Post Mon, Jun 17 2013, 9:56 pm
Yakira, it's not my oldest sis. She would hate this site LOL
It's my 29 year old sis
Tongue Out

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Jun 17 2013, 10:55 pm
WBM, this is one of the funniest threads I've read in a long time! I think you have a bright future selling used cars. LOL

Wishing you a joyous, raccoon, mouse, and porch-hole free summer. Wink

the world's best mom

Post Mon, Jun 17 2013, 11:14 pm
Thanks, Frantic Frummie. I have no interest in cars though, so I'll stick to my bungalow business, seeing as I'm having so much success.

Hopefully all the raccoons will be busy enjoying my old holey bungalow and will leave me alone.

Speaking of porches, when the porch that will be mine this summer was added on to the bungalow, Jay told the people there that the wood they used to build it used to be a chicken coop, way back when they had a chicken farm there. That doesn't make my porch more appetizing, but it has no holes yet, the steps are still attached (though they look rather loose and shaky) and there's room to even put a picnic table on the porch, so we will enjoy it.

gold21

Post Tue, Jun 18 2013, 12:13 am
LOL
You ARE a good saleswoman
Jay was funny.

BruchiG

Post Tue, Jun 18 2013, 4:11 pm
I am divorced looking for a place to stay/work in upstate for the summer weeks.

Bruchi Glick

busymother

Post Tue, Jun 18 2013, 10:45 pm
Thanks, WorldsBestMother! Thought long and hard, decided to wait a few more years, baby is 8 months and next up is just 3 and it's gonna be impossible running after just those 2, especially if its not totally closed off;). Though I feel bad for my older ones, they'd really enjoy it!

the world's best mom

Post Tue, Jun 18 2013, 10:46 pm
There are no jobs available there, but we have dumpy bungalows.

amother

Post Wed, Jun 19 2013, 11:10 am
Darn, I was there too (forever. really.) and now I am Scratching Head trying to figure out who all the rest of you are. Who knew it was such a small world here on imamother. Or a big world there in the dumpalows. Whichever.

the world's best mom

Post Wed, Jun 19 2013, 12:19 pm
I'm quite easy to figure out.

I guess you won't give us any hints about yourself, even anonymously? Oh well. I don't know who bookie is either. I can't think of who was on the north for 2 years in the 90's.

amother

Post Wed, Jun 19 2013, 12:41 pm
WBM, I outed myself to you by email. I might know who Bookie is based on the time frame. I am puzzling over Gold21 and Yakira. I thought I might have recognized Yakira around here in the past but didn't remember her being in the bungalow so now I'm not sure. Gold21, you hinted here that you have multiple [married, presumably, if you'd expect to find them here] sisters, one of whom is 29, and you are not the oldest. I could think of someone you might be but not sure.

True, I'm not using my screen name here but not sure I want the whole world knowing I'm on imamother at all. OTOH I've been increasingly indiscreet around here anyway. So I will toss out a bit of bait and then let's not discuss me anymore: My family has been going to this colony continuously for longer than almost anyone else (I can only think of 1 other who has been as long without ever leaving) There, now everyone who deserves to probably knows exactly who I am, and why I am so devastated about the place collapsing. Those little dumps are in my genes. And they were NICE little dumps. Everything good about the world came from this place. Sigh.

the world's best mom

Post Wed, Jun 19 2013, 12:47 pm
I guess it's up to them to decide if they want to out themselves then. I can give you some hints based on how you would know them, but that would out you too.

amother

Post Wed, Jun 19 2013, 1:01 pm
No thanks, I think the whole idea of this conversation is somewhat invasive or at least yentish. I just wanted to let them know who's finding them because I personally would be somewhat spooked if someone were busy playing Guess Who on me. I don't want to out my screen name but I think I put enough here anonymously that they will know in real life who I am and what I figured out. This thread has been awesome and it's been a lot of fun to see how many here have this experience in common, but I don't like the whole idea of directly discussing people's identities.

the world's best mom

Post Wed, Jun 19 2013, 1:32 pm
Oh well. I guess I'm a yenta. I don't usually try to figure people out, but when they start hinting that they know me, that gets me curious.

amother

Post Wed, Jun 19 2013, 2:40 pm
This thread really cracked me up! Thanks for the laugh and enjoy the summer. I used to go to a dump many years ago when I was a kid I remember the mess!

gold21

Post Wed, Jun 19 2013, 5:03 pm
I prefer to keep my identity private. Since I had figured out who WBM is, I thought it was only fair to share my identity with her, so I did. I know Yakira cuz she told me her name when I was at her house for shabbos once.

Beyond that, I would appreciate anonymity. I don't share my screenname with many people (other than sisters and a couple of close friends).

Now, mind u, my sis won't even tell me her screen name! Twisted Evil

Thanks for understanding Tongue Out

bookie

Post Wed, Jun 19 2013, 5:37 pm
So I stayed in the bungalow that I think was attached to the store is that possible. Don't really remember mucb. I have no clue who the rest of you are though.

the world's best mom

Post Wed, Jun 19 2013, 9:11 pm
It's definitely possible. I don't remember who was there then. That's the bungalow that was extremely infested with mice last year, and now it's been destroyed by raccoons as well, even worse than my sister's and mine. The store has been out of business for years now.
Page 4 of 11   Previous  1  2  3  4  5 9  10  11  Next Recent Topics