Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
Gymnastics or Ballet?
Previous  1  2

Cookies n Cream

Post Tue, Apr 23 2013, 10:31 pm
Beauty and the Beast wrote:
I heard funtastic gymnastics is great! I plan to send dd there iyh!

I am also looking for an art class in BP for my 7 yr old son. anyone know of anything?

Just reread this, someone mentioned to me that they're having a boys program as well. (I don't know about the ages though...)
I guess you can ask her when you register your daughter,

proud mom2

Post Tue, Apr 23 2013, 10:54 pm
Cookies n Cream wrote:
proud mom2 wrote:
Cookies n Cream wrote:
Sorry OP, I hope you don't mind if I hijack your thread.
I heard amazing things about the program before the summer, and I know that the kids had a good time, but I was wondering a couple of things.
Proudmom 2, do you (or a/o) know what age the program starts from?
Is it organized? My daughter is the "nervous" type, and will not be able to handle it if it's just a bunch of noisy kids running around without a routine?
Also, are all the class simultaneous, or do people send for more than one class?

Thanks.

ETA: DO you know when the next semester is starting?

I think she officially accepts kids from Kindergarten, but I have seen a few nursery aged kids in the gymnastics class. Its EXTREMELY organised, she has 2 twelfth graders in charge of guarding the hallways to make sure everyone is accounted for, and to take the little ones from one class to the next (if theyre signed up for more than one class- my daughter just takes gymnastics).
I dont know exactly when the next semester is starting, but she usually starts in the fall, right after succos.

Is it a warm atmosphere?
Or is it very strict?

Yea its a vey warm atmoshphere- the instructors actually know my daughters name (yes- thats a big deal!!) and are really dedicated. FYI a place can be strict AND warm- I dont think its a contradiction, IMHO.

Cookies n Cream

Post Tue, Apr 23 2013, 10:57 pm
Thx.
Maybe I'll go take a look at it on Sunday, just to get a feel...
Any other mothers that send?

INSPIREME

Post Wed, Apr 24 2013, 9:17 am
There is a Funtastic Gymnastics program in Lakewood - run I think by her sister - that is out of this world. I heard that the Brooklyn program is run very similarly.

Enjoy!

Last edited by INSPIREME on Wed, Apr 24 2013, 9:22 am; edited 1 time in total

ILOVELIFE

Post Wed, Apr 24 2013, 9:20 am
Just got off the phone with the director and asked a whole lot of questions. I really think it's the right place for my kid.

I researched a lot of places and frankly, their equipment is most impressive. I asked a lot of parents and got super feedback on the instructors. They're warm, fun and professional. My daughter has a friend who went to the program this past year and her mother couldn't get over how much they learn in the relaxed atmosphere they have. We were recalling a ballet class we took as kids which was so rigid and strict-- we hated it and we're grateful our kids can do something they love and be in a fun environment all the same.

The spring semester is on and it has 5 weeks left. I'm thinking of starting my daughter out now to get a feel for it in 5 weeks so come fall (when she'll also be entering a new school) it won't be all that overwhelming for her.

Gosh I wish I was coordinated enough to do these things!

Cookies n Cream

Post Wed, Apr 24 2013, 9:28 am
Someobody else also told me that their gymnastic instructors are very professional..(certified etc...)
Has anybody here sent to the lower art class?

Cookies n Cream

Post Wed, Apr 24 2013, 9:19 pm
[quote="Cookies n Cream"]Someobody else also told me that their gymnastic instructors are very professional..(certified etc...)
Has anybody here sent to the lower art class?[/quote]

bump

amother
Orange

Post Tue, Oct 20 2015, 1:27 pm
anyone sending this year?
how much is it?
are the other classes worth it?
tia
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers