Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Yom Tov Dishes & Menus
Purim Seudah Menu, What Will You Be Serving?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

Are you eating the purime seudah at home or out?
at home  
 50%  [ 34 ]
out  
 50%  [ 34 ]
Total Votes : 68

buba123

Post Sun, Feb 25 2007, 2:32 pm
Anyone have an easy kreplach recipe?

shalhevet

Post Sun, Feb 25 2007, 2:42 pm
Defy - the rice sounds delicious. I'm going to go for it!
2 questions:
1. Can I use white wine instead (no sherry in Israel)?
2. Can I use brown rice and just increase baking time?
Thanks so much for sharing!

PinkandYellow

Post Sun, Feb 25 2007, 2:42 pm
defygravity
Quote:
1/2 cup dry sherry

is sherry the same as cherry liquir? I don't think they have sherry here or its very expensive. what type of wine can I use instead?

shalhevet

Post Sun, Feb 25 2007, 2:44 pm
MDM - LOL jinks!

PinkandYellow

Post Sun, Feb 25 2007, 2:51 pm
shalhevet wrote:
MDM - LOL jinks!

great minds think alike LOL

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Feb 25 2007, 9:37 pm
Iam SO happy we're eating out with friends of DH; Friday nights we arre tired and Shabbos day we eat in shul so I am really looking forward to something different!

downsyndrome

Post Sun, Feb 25 2007, 10:21 pm
Purim night (Taanis Esther) we are having an extended family seudah, including my siblings and their children, including married couples with young kids. Everybody brings something there and it takes place at the shul across the street from my home. I am in charge of setting up the place.

Purim day I am doing in my home with my immediate family - my hubby and kids, including my married couple and grandson. I am downscaling my usual Purim style because of current circumstances.
My meal:
Homemade challah
Gefilte fish
French Roast w/sauce
Southern Fried Chicken
Stuffed Cabbage (bought)
Potato Blintzes
Cherry Pie
Anything missing?

MOM222

Post Sun, Feb 25 2007, 10:23 pm
a salad?

downsyndrome

Post Sun, Feb 25 2007, 10:24 pm
I'd be the only one eating it; my family is very not salady.

yedidya's mom

Post Mon, Feb 26 2007, 1:28 pm
This is what I am making:

Potoato Burekas and Mushroom Sauce- btw anyone have a good recipe for mushroom sauce?
Chicken Soup and store bought kreplach
Grilled Chicken Cutlets
London Broil
Pumpkin Cranberry Muffins
rice with vegetables
Taco Salad- im not sure if it goes w. the other food im making what do u think?
dessert: chocolate cream pie and hamentashen

DefyGravity

Post Mon, Feb 26 2007, 1:35 pm
shalhevet wrote:
2 questions:
2. Can I use brown rice and just increase baking time?
Thanks so much for sharing!

I think that dry white wine is a good substitute - but I'm not 100% sure (I use cooking sherry).
If you use brown rice, add more water. I made it with 1/2 brown rice the other day, and had to add more water while cooking.

mumof1

Post Mon, Feb 26 2007, 1:56 pm
you guys are the best!!
I finally got my menu together!!

eggplant spinach roll up with sauce and fresh salad
french roast, sweet and sour corned beef, stuffed schnitzel
mini potato knishes, buffalo wings, franks in blankets, mini apple crisps

dessert still not known!!! please give me easy ideas that look nice I have no patience to patchke but I have to admit I make myself high standards...
I made all my meat and sauces and froze them. tonight I will finish the roll ups and sauce and freeze them.

any easy dessert would be appreciated... tia!!!

newmom

Post Mon, Feb 26 2007, 2:01 pm
mumof1, I am coming to your seuda!!! Your menu sounds awesome!

happy2beme

Post Mon, Feb 26 2007, 2:03 pm
downsyndrome wrote:
Purim night (Taanis Esther) we are having an extended family seudah, including my siblings and their children, including married couples with young kids. Everybody brings something there and it takes place at the shul across the street from my home. I am in charge of setting up the place.

Purim day I am doing in my home with my immediate family - my hubby and kids, including my married couple and grandson. I am downscaling my usual Purim style because of current circumstances.
My meal:
Homemade challah
Gefilte fish
French Roast w/sauce
Southern Fried Chicken
Stuffed Cabbage (bought)
Potato Blintzes
Cherry Pie
Anything missing?

downs, how do u make ur southern fried chicken? is it as crispy as fast food? I've always wanted to make one like kosher delight's

ur's & e/o else's menus sound yum!

PinkandYellow

Post Mon, Feb 26 2007, 2:15 pm
ok, so thanks to sonnibonni, I made up my menu.

1st, hushpuppies (franks n blanks with mashed pot), reg veg salad (or with deli, budget allowing), and one or two spreads like chumus.

then my two mains, ribs and pepper steak, with sides of rice and mushrooms (thanks defyg) and some sort of brocolli kugel.

dessert will be store bought sherbert (or something to that effect).

I actually also want to do a soup, but not chicken or onion, so I think I'll pass on that, unless someone can give me a good idea for a good substitute for soup.
also, do you think this will be enough food? we are 6 or 8 ppl with a few kids.

cindy324

Post Mon, Feb 26 2007, 2:15 pm
mumof1, I saw this at a wedding, I though it was so simple but delicious. I am making a big bowl of chocolate mousse, and serving fresh strawberries alongside. I know that the simplest way t make chocolate mousse is to add instant chocolate pudding powder to whipping cream and whip it up together. I just have to find the exact ratio.

I'm also making warm apple-raspberry crumble in a pretty casserole, easy and always a hit. Plus Purim is my DH's b-day so I think I'll get him a cake, too Smile

baseballmom

Post Mon, Feb 26 2007, 7:56 pm
Don't ask me what I was thinking but we are having 15 for seudah - I plan on making carrot soup, chicken primavera, rosemary potatoes, mango and green beans, the new kbd coleslaw, ceasar salad and rice. My MIL will make a pot of meatballs for the kids. Haven't yet figured out dessert but I have tons of cookies and cakes in the freezer

MOM222

Post Mon, Feb 26 2007, 8:55 pm
shalhevet wrote:
2 questions:

I always use apple juice.

But here:
http://www.recipezaar.com/libr.....d=388

it says:
Substitutions: Non-alcoholic, sweet white wine or chicken stock

downsyndrome

Post Tue, Feb 27 2007, 10:04 pm
happy2beme wrote:
downsyndrome wrote:

My meal:
Homemade challah
Gefilte fish
French Roast w/sauce
Southern Fried Chicken
Stuffed Cabbage (bought)
Potato Blintzes
Cherry Pie
Anything missing?

downs, how do u make ur southern fried chicken? is it as crispy as fast food? I've always wanted to make one like kosher delight's

There is one change in my menu; my darling sister offered me some of her homemade stuffed cabbage, so you can scratch the 'bought' from my menu.
I actually do the southern fried chicken with halved chicken bottoms - the thighs and drums separated. I coat each piece of chicken in flour, egg, and then a combination of matzoh ball mix and corn flake crumbs, or heimishe challah crumbs. I then fry in oil, remove, and bake in oven on low flame to get the meaty part of the chicken fully cooked and tender.

mumof1

Post Wed, Feb 28 2007, 2:16 am
downsyndrome wrote:
happy2beme wrote:
downsyndrome wrote:

My meal:
Homemade challah
Gefilte fish
French Roast w/sauce
Southern Fried Chicken
Stuffed Cabbage (bought)
Potato Blintzes
Cherry Pie
Anything missing?

There is one change in my menu; my darling sister offered me some of her homemade stuffed cabbage, so you can scratch the 'bought' from my menu.
I actually do the southern fried chicken with halved chicken bottoms - the thighs and drums separated. I coat each piece of chicken in flour, egg, and then a combination of matzoh ball mix and corn flake crumbs, or heimishe challah crumbs. I then fry in oil, remove, and bake in oven on low flame to get the meaty part of the chicken fully cooked and tender.
can you freeze the chicken once its all done?
it sounds good.
Page 6 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Yom Tov Dishes & Menus