Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Breslov communities
1  2  Next

amother

Post Sun, May 26 2013, 8:20 pm
Can anyone tell me about the different Breslov communities in EY? We are considering aliyah and want to know where we might fit in.

I know we wouldn't fit into Mea Shearim and we are BT & Geirim but not na nach or hippy dippy.
any help would be appreciated.

amother

Post Mon, May 27 2013, 1:25 am
no one?

amother

Post Mon, May 27 2013, 2:39 am
There is a large breslov community in tzfat, with a big shul and a beautiful mikvah, a cheder and a day care. There was a girls school but I believe it closed down. The community is made up of both Bts and FFbs, english speakers and Israelis.
http://breslevtsfat.typepad.co......html
I'm sure you can contact the people at the website to ask questions.

e1234

Post Mon, May 27 2013, 2:54 am
there is a breslov community in beitar -- there are about 5 or 6 different breslov shuls

happymom29

Post Mon, May 27 2013, 3:55 am
Yes there are a lot of breslev in Beitar, a lot are bts too, Im not so sure about the schools though, from what I have heard are not so great. Tzfat is a great option with a big kehilla, there are a lot of different kehillas in Israel, you have to find out which one suits you. Find out about different breslev kehillas in yerushalayim also, theres more then just Mea-Shearim.

amother

Post Mon, May 27 2013, 10:04 am
amother wrote:
Can anyone tell me about the different Breslov communities in EY? We are considering aliyah and want to know where we might fit in.

I know we wouldn't fit into Mea Shearim and we are BT & Geirim but not na nach or hippy dippy.

Ot- we can't move to Israel.
Wish we could find
Something like this America!

amother

Post Mon, May 27 2013, 3:21 pm
thanks for the info ladies,
I too wish there were breslov communities in the US for us.

3mitzvos

Post Mon, May 27 2013, 3:27 pm
happymom29 wrote:
Yes there are a lot of breslev in Beitar, a lot are bts too, Im not so sure about the schools though, from what I have heard are not so great. Tzfat is a great option with a big kehilla, there are a lot of different kehillas in Israel, you have to find out which one suits you. Find out about different breslev kehillas in yerushalayim also, theres more then just Mea-Shearim.

Funny you should mention that, because I heard the exact opposite! I'm not sure about boys' schools, but I heard from a couple sources that all the Bais Yaakovs in Beitar are excellent.

e1234

Post Tue, May 28 2013, 1:11 am
Quote:
Funny you should mention that, because I heard the exact opposite! I'm not sure about boys' schools, but I heard from a couple sources that all the Bais Yaakovs in Beitar are excellent.[spoil]

maybe she meant breslov schools - there are not really breslov schools
kids go to regular schools.

3mitzvos

Post Tue, May 28 2013, 8:34 pm
e1234 wrote:
Quote:
Funny you should mention that, because I heard the exact opposite! I'm not sure about boys' schools, but I heard from a couple sources that all the Bais Yaakovs in Beitar are excellent.[spoil]

maybe she meant breslov schools - there are not really breslov schools
kids go to regular schools.

Oh, maybe you're right. My bad...

amother

Post Tue, May 28 2013, 9:05 pm
amother wrote:
amother wrote:

Wish we could find

maybe it's time to start one Very Happy

happymom29

Post Tue, Jun 04 2013, 4:41 am
3mitzvos wrote:
happymom29 wrote:

Funny you should mention that, because I heard the exact opposite! I'm not sure about boys' schools, but I heard from a couple sources that all the Bais Yaakovs in Beitar are excellent.

yeh I meant that the breslev schools in beitar are not so good, a bit wishy washy, but regualr beis yaakov for girls is good, its a bit of a problem for breslev boys in beitar who want a good cheder because regular cheders dont want breslev boys and I know a few breslev people who left beitar because of this

watergirl

Post Tue, Jun 04 2013, 7:06 am
amother wrote:
amother wrote:
amother wrote:

Wish we could find

maybe it's time to start one Very Happy

Im with you! Where in the us?

op - what about Ashdod? Rabbi Brodys yeshiva is there.

Pashence

Post Thu, Jun 13 2013, 2:15 pm
there is also a breslov community in ramat beit shemesh, with a breslev shul, though I dont think there are specific breslev schools here.

amother

Post Thu, Jun 13 2013, 10:48 pm
Well right now making aliyah is on hold. Sad but thank you all for your help.

watergirl

Post Thu, Jun 13 2013, 11:34 pm
Pashence wrote:
there is also a breslov community in ramat beit shemesh, with a breslev shul, though I dont think there are specific breslev schools here.

Soon, maybe... http://www.buildabreslovshul.com/

Heyaaa

Post Wed, Dec 25 2013, 9:37 am
Is there a breslav community in ramot?

SplitPea

Post Wed, Dec 25 2013, 10:25 am
Heyaaa wrote:
Is there a breslav community in ramot?

A rav from our area is trying to start one Smile don't think its built yet.

OP how about this. I live in Bayswater there is a Shul here (with mikvah!!!!) for sale.
I am told they are askin crazy cheap of 400,000!!!! Find a donor and we can make a brealov community in America!

amother

Post Mon, Oct 27 2014, 8:55 pm
Cops To Fugitive Breslov Rabbi: Tell Your Misbehaving Followers To Leave Holland Now – Or Else

Breslov hasidim take over Amsterdam playground 10-2014After multiple incidents of misbehavior by followers of Shuvu Banim Breslov hasidic sect leader Rabbi Eliezer Berland – including a group of his hasidim illegally squatting and camping in a children’s outdoor playground park in Amsterdam, driving away local children and littering the park with refuse while they insulted an laughed at local non-Jewish residents – the Netherlands has reportedly told Berland to have his followers – many of whom are Israeli ex-convicts – leave the country immediately.

Breslov hasidim take over Amsterdam playground 10-2014

Above: Rabbi Eliezer Berland's hasidim camping illegally in an Amsterdam playground (please see video here)

Cops To Fugitive Breslov Rabbi: Tell Your Misbehaving Followers To Leave Holland Now – Or Else
Shmarya Rosenberg • FailedMessiah.com

After multiple incidents of misbehavior by followers of Shuvu Banim Breslov hasidic sect leader Rabbi Eliezer Berland – including a group of his hasidim illegally squatting and camping in a children’s outdoor playground park in Amsterdam, driving away local children and littering the park with refuse while they insulted an laughed at local non-Jewish residents – the Netherlands has reportedly told Berland to have his followers – many of whom are Israeli ex-convicts – leave the country immediately.

Dutch media has reported on the antics of Berland and his hasidim on a near-daily basis since Berland, who is wanted in Israel for alleged s-xually abusing female followers, including at least one minor, was arrested in Amsterdam’s international airport as he waited for a flight to Ukraine, where Breslov’s founder, Rabbi Nachman of Breslov, is buried in the town of Uman.

Berland has been expelled from Morocco and Zimbabwe and fled several other countries, including South Africa which tried at least twice unsuccessfully to arrest him, during his near-two year flight from Israel.

Berland must report to a police station in the Netherlands daily as he awaits processing of Israel’s extradition request.

On one such recent occasion, Yeshiva World reported that police told Berland to tell his followers to please leave Holland immediately to avoid police action against them.

Berland reportedly ordered all but a small number of his followers currently in the Netherlands to travel to Uman and stay there. He also ordered them not come to visit him without his permission and to only come to visit in small groups, and pointed out their presence in the Netherlands was hurting his legal situation.

Earlier this week, Berland officiated at the wedding of a Breslov couple who came to Holland specifically so Berland could marry them.

Berland's son and grandson are facing fraud, theft and money laundering charges in Israel over the handling of the sect's bank accounts.

Sources close the Berland's case believe Berland will not only face charges of s-xual assault when he is finally extradited, but likely also face other criminal charges unrelated to the assaults, as well.

amother
Mauve

Post Sun, Sep 27 2015, 12:31 am
Hi OP. I found this thread and was wondering where you ended up and how is it working out for you?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions