Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism
Asei lecho Rov
Previous  1  2  3

amother

Post Wed, May 25 2005, 2:49 am
FY I have a Rov I'm comfortable with. But He is my rov not my mashpia.
I won't be going to him with personal matters that don't need a psak.
Besides I need a female.

Motek

Post Wed, May 25 2005, 4:07 pm
[quote="foreveryoung]
Quote:
1. your husband cannot be your guide

in what sense?

as quoted in the Isha Kesheira thread, the man is the spiritual leader of the home

in that sense, the husband can be a guide

amother

Post Thu, May 26 2005, 1:19 am
and in that sense he already is

Tefila

Post Tue, Nov 29 2005, 10:05 pm
So now I'm back to square one and looking 4 a mashpia Sad

Wanted: a mature (unlike me Rolling Eyes) women, sympathetic but knows where she's heading so she can guide me w/h a clear head.
Sensitive and Chassidishe but understands me who is not yet in the world of atzilus.
Won't shout or gasp at some of my antics, but will lovingly show me the way to go.
Seriously, I am looking! perhaps u r the one. And if so pm me with u'r perticulars Wink

TzenaRena

Post Tue, Nov 29 2005, 10:41 pm
I'm trying to "encourage" my teenage kids to get themselves a mashpia. They both feel the need to have one, but cannot muster up the courage to ask someone.

My dd has gone through about 4 "candidates" who she decided upon, but never asked! I have been waiting patiently, not telling her who to take, just anytime she mentions that she thought of asking p'b'p' I say, Nu, so did you ask her......this is going on for a year already!

Any suggestions?

lucky

Post Wed, Nov 30 2005, 12:11 pm
Do you actually ask the person "Do you want to be my Mashpia?"

If I need s/o to talk to, there are women in the community who counsel for $$$$. But it is looked upon as nebachdig to go for advice.

Tefila

Post Wed, Nov 30 2005, 4:15 pm
Quote:
But it is looked upon as nebachdig to go for advice.

Why don't u ask advice from a Dr conc illness, and a police officer conc safety of a perticular neighborhood? Don't people have too, personal cooks and trainers?
So why should I feel nebachdik getting a someone to help me in growth management 8)
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics