Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Don't want these guests!!!
Previous  1  2

zaq

Post Thu, Jul 04 2013, 5:06 pm
Belle wrote:
Turns out she was newly pregnant (too early to tell anyone) and was highly nauseous and exhausted. So, there might be reasons why the wife doesn't help .

You're sweet to think that way. But there is a solution to that problem: if you';re newly pregnant, have just returned home after undergoing surgery, be it coronary bypass or breast enhancement, or have just come off a seventy-two hour on-call during which you got exactly twenty consecutive minutes of sleep--STAY HOME! This couple wasn't invited, they invited themselves, remember.

zaq

Post Thu, Jul 04 2013, 5:10 pm
chocolate moose wrote:
Why do ladies go away for shabbos if they're so naseous? why don't they stay home and have take out food and help?

Exactly!!
What's the point of visiting someone if you;re not going to be a pleasant guest?

mosma

Post Thu, Jul 04 2013, 6:44 pm
maybe she is just shy. maybe she thought you didn't want help. maybe her mother never taught her to help clear from a table. maybe she had a long week. lots of maybes.
I would say, to make your DH happy, have them again. Definitely try to engage her in coversation. Maybe this time she'll help. But go into shabbos with low expectations so you're not disappointed. Don't make complicated food. Buy some stuff. Use disposable plates etc. they make very pretty ones these days.
Give it one more chance. Especially if it will make DH happy, he will appreciate it and that can only help your relationship.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette