Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Not everyone has caller ID!!
Previous  1  2  3  Next

Do you call people back just from seeing their name on the caller ID?
Yes  
 22%  [ 15 ]
No  
 18%  [ 12 ]
Only close family or close friend  
 37%  [ 25 ]
I don't have caller ID  
 21%  [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 66

gryp

Post Thu, Mar 08 2007, 10:38 am
happy2beme wrote:
yes for ur phone. do u pay less than $30/mo including taxes

we pay about that, but I don't remember exactly because it goes together with our dsl.

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Mar 08 2007, 10:39 am
ours too, but if we didn't have the kind of phone with a screen, we wouldn't know.

happy2beme

Post Thu, Mar 08 2007, 10:41 am
GR wrote:
happy2beme wrote:
yes for ur phone. do u pay less than $30/mo including taxes

we pay about that, but I don't remember exactly because it goes together with our dsl.

oh, I guess it's cheaper for u like that if u have dsl. We don't, so it comes out pretty cheap by me.

Oh well, just trying to save u some $ Very Happy

gryp

Post Thu, Mar 08 2007, 10:50 am
thanx anyway. Smile
you have no idea how many times I've gone over this.

happy2beme

Post Thu, Mar 08 2007, 10:52 am
GR, I've been over my bills so many times too, trying to figure out a cheaper way Smile

Coke Slurpee

Post Thu, Mar 08 2007, 11:07 am
I love caller ID- When creditors call, I just don't pick up- It's great!

but I only call people back if it's close family or a really close friend.

dr pepper

Post Thu, Mar 08 2007, 11:17 am
I think it's rude for people to assume you'll call them back just from seeing their name on the caller ID.

Hey, if you're too lazy to leave a message, then I'm too lazy to call you back!

su7kids

Post Thu, Mar 08 2007, 11:53 am
happy2beme wrote:
GR, I've been over my bills so many times too, trying to figure out a cheaper way Smile

No affiliation, but I found this helpful:
www.lowermybills.com has a lot of good ideas.

mumoo

Post Thu, Mar 08 2007, 12:06 pm
moose, you make me lol.

I am one of the 4 who will call back-but that is because people call who need things from the gemach and I don't want them to miss out because they were too shy, busy or whatever. Also, some people might not realize they reached the gemach and not leave a message, or some people who call me don't know whjat a gemach is so they think they misdialed when they hear the message. and truthfully, I'd rather call them back them have them leave a convoluted, hard to understand message that takes up the whole tape.

btw, Caller id is also great if the message is unclear when they state their phone number

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Mar 08 2007, 12:28 pm
Mumoo, I'm glad I can amuse you - it wasn't my intention.

happy2beme

Post Thu, Mar 08 2007, 1:48 pm
su7kids wrote:
happy2beme wrote:

No affiliation, but I found this helpful:
www.lowermybills.com has a lot of good ideas.

thx su. checking it out now

Motek

Post Thu, Mar 08 2007, 3:15 pm
momnys wrote:
Anyone out there still without caller ID??!

me

I have an answering machine, that's enough for me. If people don't want to leave a message, I'm not really interested in who is calling. If I don't want to risk answering without knowing who is calling, I wait for their message if they choose to leave one.

I find it unnerving when I call someone and before I identify myself they say, "Hi ----" and use my name since they see it on their caller ID.

I agree, don't assume people have caller ID, even those who do, don't necessarily replace the battery.

You can't even be sure people heard your machine message. It could have gotten erased or who knows what happens.

I see no reason to call someone just because you see their name on your caller ID. I find that unnerving too, when I get a call and the person says, "You called????" even though I didn't leave a message, but a few times it was convenient that they called me back.

one last thing - my number is blocked when I call people though in many cases I have to dial over again with *82 or the call doesn't go through, argh

DefyGravity

Post Thu, Mar 08 2007, 3:20 pm
I've gotten call-backs several times from people who's number I'd miss-dialed. People are very nosey and always want to know who called them.

bashinda

Post Thu, Mar 08 2007, 3:30 pm
DefyGravity wrote:
I've gotten call-backs several times from people who's number I'd miss-dialed. People are very nosey and always want to know who called them.

Me too. Sometimes people who behave quite nasty too. Like I had forgotten I had misdialed and this lady calls me back and I said I didn't call and she snarls "it's on the caller id" and slams the phone. Maybe it was a tikkun for me not being patient with all the people who have called who thought I was a family whose last name is almost the same as mine.

I have call id but I got rid of call waiting. Call id is nice when screening for this one person in particular who keeps on calling the home # even when he needs to speak to DH who is usually at work at the time.

Raisin

Post Thu, Mar 08 2007, 3:37 pm
And those people who block "private" numbers - it means some people from overseas will not be able to call that number.

mod

Post Thu, Mar 08 2007, 4:06 pm
threads merged - you may have to vote again

str

Post Thu, Mar 08 2007, 7:02 pm
I have Caller Id and I take advantage of it. If someone calls me and I am not in the mood of her I don't answer.

curlyhead

Post Thu, Mar 08 2007, 7:59 pm
We live overseas and 2 family members have a block to private/unknown numbers so we can never call them.

Our phone bills are $70-$90 a month here as you are charged per phonecall. And that does not even include national/international calls. So enjoy your cheeper rates.

peach

Post Thu, Mar 08 2007, 10:20 pm
Mod wrote:
threads merged - you may have to vote again

Thank you. Smile

Motek

Post Sun, Mar 11 2007, 4:40 pm
str wrote:
I have Caller Id and I take advantage of it. If someone calls me and I am not in the mood of her I don't answer.

same as having an answering machine
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette