Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
The Grey Lines (Binah Serial by EGSchwartz)
  Previous  1  2  3 7  8  9 30  31  32  Next

Ms.MaryMack(inblack)

Post Tue, Mar 11 2014, 12:49 pm
What about that guy (I forgot his name Sad ) who was on-line waiting for the Matzah a couple weeks ago, the one that Caro's little brother embarrassed her in front front of. I think he's a eligible prospect for Caro, religious yet American. Anyone else think so?

Chayalle

Post Tue, Mar 11 2014, 1:29 pm
rise above wrote:
The last column (which was clearly cut off before) makes it clear that Wolf is still alive but injured. Not sure what that summary last week was saying then..

Scotty, please put our minds to ease- you can hide it in a spoiler, pretty please!@

And I thought it made it clear that he was dead. Serene smile and all.

And how much more explicit can you get than her saying it straight out in the intro, that Wolf was killed in the battle?

I think you guys are just desperate for him to be alive.....it says straight out that he's not.

sunny90

Post Tue, Mar 11 2014, 2:42 pm
Argh I don't want him to die!

lubaussie

Post Tue, Mar 11 2014, 4:42 pm
Zehava wrote:
Or as long as it took for gella to almost freeze in the shed. We all know he won't die so get on with it. It isn't good for a writer to be so predictable.

B
Be careful. She might davka try to prove you wrong...

Zehava

Post Tue, Mar 11 2014, 5:08 pm
lubaussie wrote:
B
Be careful. She might davka try to prove you wrong...

First of all I don't think she will change her story right now for little me.
And if she does, good for her mission accomplished!!!

seeker

Post Tue, Mar 11 2014, 5:49 pm
It looked pretty bad this week... I knew someone was going to have to die and suspected it might be him but I really was not expecting it to happen so soon. I know it isn't exactly "soon" but the story does not seem so close to ending and he was such an important personality, I don't know what will make the rest of the story enjoyable! Either we're closer to the end than I thought (they *do* like to start new stories in the Pesach issue... gets more exposure I guess) or it will get less colorful or EG will have to find some other way to inject humor.

WAH.

OhWow!

Post Tue, Mar 11 2014, 6:08 pm
Last week's introduction indicated that he died but this week it seemed like he was still alive. why should someone have to die? Noah died already wasn't that enough?

seeker

Post Tue, Mar 11 2014, 6:44 pm
Last week's introduction I bet anything was a mistake, he would eventually die but they did not mean to give it away before it happened. Slip of the keyboard.

This week sounded to me like dying. Abandoned in a corner of a field hospital, living people are being moved on, he lies there unnoticed, his muscles relax, the photo he clutched falls down... sounds like curtains for him.

Noah was very early in the story and not much of a character - his death was more setting the scene for Caro's life no longer being easily scripted and superficial. It was early in the war; it makes sense that the worse the war gets, the more people will die.

Zehava

Post Tue, Mar 11 2014, 6:50 pm
This all just means that she wants you guys to think he's dead. He isn't

Mama Bear

Post Tue, Mar 11 2014, 7:22 pm
I didnt see any mention of him losing an arm.

amother

Post Tue, Mar 11 2014, 7:28 pm
Quote:

She reached out with a little hand. He almost lunged for it, reaching with his right arm, but—there was nothing, no arm, only bandages and agony where there had once been a limb. The shadow of his little sister’s palm ghosted intangibly through the space where it should have been.
Oh.
“Yachet,” he whispered. “Yachet?”
Even his coat, the precious coat sewn by the Levy girls, was gone. What use, after all, was a two-sleeved coat to a one-armed man? There were bandages, scraps, instead; with his left hand he clumsily patted his torso and the hot pain of the stump to his right. He closed his eyes. So—so afraid--

lubaussie

Post Tue, Mar 11 2014, 7:32 pm
Zehava wrote:
First of all I don't think she will change her story right now for little me.
And if she does, good for her mission accomplished!!!

A lot of other ppl here also seem to think he is alive.
Personally, I think she's toying with us like a cat plays with a mouse. (Like every good author Tongue Out ) I think he will die in the end.

supermama2

Post Tue, Mar 11 2014, 10:10 pm
Well there is another article in the Binah (three corners) I think in which she writes about Wolf at home before the war. It's not nice to put 'life' to him in this way if she has killed him ( even if it is through another article ). IMHO

seeker

Post Tue, Mar 11 2014, 10:58 pm
supermama2 wrote:
Well there is another article in the Binah (three corners) I think in which she writes about Wolf at home before the war. It's not nice to put 'life' to him in this way if she has killed him ( even if it is through another article ). IMHO

True, but they don't pay her to be nice - they pay her to keep us on the edge of our seats until the next Binah comes out, and to make sure we don't let our subscriptions lapse. Who's gonna stop reading over this??

supermama2

Post Wed, Mar 12 2014, 3:26 am
Seeker: I might stop Binah if Wolf is out of the picture.

sunny90

Post Wed, Mar 12 2014, 6:27 am
Okay, lets be hopeful: maybe it means his fever broke and he finally fell asleep?

Mom3SV

Post Wed, Mar 12 2014, 6:59 am
In this week's intro, EG mentions the Battle of the Wilderness (at which Mose Levy and Wolf Adler fell). Now what does that mean? Did they both die or did they both just get wounded?

seeker

Post Wed, Mar 12 2014, 7:33 am
ColorMom wrote:
In this week's intro, EG mentions the Battle of the Wilderness (at which Mose Levy and Wolf Adler fell). Now what does that mean? Did they both die or did they both just get wounded?
IMO it means they realized their mistake last week and are trying to return to ambiguity.

Mama Bear

Post Wed, Mar 12 2014, 8:55 pm
Etka gittel is gloating and cackling right now. I can feel the vibes til my house.

I'm amazed, ladies, amazed, how caught up we are in this wholly fictional story with wholly fictional people. This means that EG is a genius. Pure genius.

supermama2

Post Wed, Mar 12 2014, 8:59 pm
Mama Bear: Funny you use the work "cackling" as I remember EG using that word when she was stringing us along with Full Harvest Wink
Page 8 of 32   Previous  1  2  3 7  8  9 30  31  32  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room