Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey
Sauce for shnitzels please

oups

Post Sun, Oct 13 2013, 5:16 am
I want a thick , sweet and sour sauce with veg( onion, red/ yellow peppers ) to put on my ready fried schnitzels..... please !!!!!!! Very Happy

OOTBubby

Post Sun, Oct 13 2013, 10:57 am
oups wrote:
I want a thick , sweet and sour sauce with veg( onion, red/ yellow peppers ) to put on my ready fried schnitzels..... please !!!!!!! Very Happy

Here you go -- this recipe also has you cooking the schnitzel, but you can certainly skip that and just use the sauce on ready fried schnitzel. It is delicious.

Chicken Schnitzel in Apricot Sauce

5 pieces chicken cutlet (5 half breasts)
flour
egg, beaten
cornflake crumbs or bread crumbs
onion powder
garlic powder
1 onion, diced
1 pepper, diced
4 ounce can of sliced mushrooms
10 ounce jar apricot jelly
½ cup ketchup
1½ tablespoons brown sugar

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Dip cutlets into flour, then into egg (seasoned with seasonings to taste), then into cornflake crumbs. Place into pan well greased with Pam in single layer, not crowded. Spray each piece with more Pam. Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes.

Lower oven to 325 degrees.

Make sauce. Sauté vegetables in a very small amount of oil. Add jelly, ketchup and brown sugar. Cook until jelly is melted. Pour over pre-baked cutlets and bake for another 40 minutes (uncovered) at 325 degrees. Once finished, it may be combined into several layers in one pan and reheated that way.

oups

Post Sun, Oct 13 2013, 2:25 pm
thank you!! cant wait to try this tomorrow Smile
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey