Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Stroller for Israel with Reversible Seat
1  2  Next

amother

Post Tue, Dec 24 2013, 2:08 pm
Hi,

Looking for a single stroller that can go up and down stairs (we have no elevator!) and manage Israel terrain. With good wheels.

It's really important to me is that the seat is fairly high up, and reversible. So not the city mini!

Price I will worry about once I've found the right stroller Wink

I will probably import it, so any brand will do.

Don't want a bugaboo because I don't like brand names!

These are what I've come up with so far, any feedback would be good:

Quinny Buzz
Mamas and Papas Sola City
Uppababy Cruz, Vista
Baby Jogger City Select
Joolz Day
Mutsy Evo
iCandy Peach

amother

Post Tue, Dec 24 2013, 2:10 pm
I have the vista and love it - BUT it can be really heavy up and down the stairs.
Unless you are hooked on the bassinet feature, I'd recommend you go with the Cruz or Versa (made by baby jogger).

smss

Post Tue, Dec 24 2013, 2:12 pm
honestly, stairs will be rough on any stroller. I try to avoid them as much as possible. can you leave the stroller in the knisa and carry the baby up and down?

I like the city versa (I don't have it, but I've seen it and like it ;-). it has a great very easy fold so it's good for buses, the seat is reversible and the basket is huge.

PishPoshBaby

Post Tue, Dec 24 2013, 2:14 pm
I would definitely say the Vista will have the best push but it is so bulky and heavy it may not even be worth it! Between the Cruz and the Versa I would say the Versa will have the better push BUT the seat is not as high up as the Cruz one. Also even though they both have an easy fold the Versa's fold is one handed so that may be something you want especially in Israel!

Tekky

Post Tue, Dec 24 2013, 2:18 pm
It's funny that e/o is so into an easy fold on a stroller in israel - it's the opposite!

We NEVER fold our strollers! We're not in-and-out of the car - we just hop on a off buses with the stroller opened most of the time. And most of us rarely take buses as it is.

Peanut2

Post Tue, Dec 24 2013, 2:39 pm
I have and love the vista. Buy a lock if you need and leave it downstairs.

The only downside are that it is heavy and wide. But it's really pretty close to perfect.

smss

Post Tue, Dec 24 2013, 2:39 pm
cfx wrote:

We NEVER fold our strollers! We're not in-and-out of the car - we just hop on a off buses with the stroller opened most of the time. And most of us rarely take buses as it is.

1) you have to pay for keeping a stroller open on the bus
2) even then, everyone screams at you
3) you CAN'T take a stroller onto intercity buses

HappytoHS

Post Tue, Dec 24 2013, 2:50 pm
I have a Silver Cross Surf that I love. My kids have outgrown it and I am looking to sell it.
I looked at the Bugaboo and bought the Silver Cross because the push was smoother, lighter and the whole thing felt sturdier. I've loved the way it handles one handed on all Israeli terrain and it goes up and down steps easily. It is light. You are welcome to pm me for details.

Tekky

Post Tue, Dec 24 2013, 2:51 pm
FYI:

1) only from 7-9 am
2) n/o screams at u - don't scare the OP
3) very very true - for all the millions of times we take intercity buses

amother

Post Tue, Dec 24 2013, 2:54 pm
OP here. Folding isn't SO important. For intercity, I'd be with DH so one of us could hold the baby while the other folds and puts the stroller away. Size of fold also not so important, if there's room for suitcases, there will be room for a stroller. I walk a lot any how

The versa is quite low down and not quite the same look as the others...

We don't have space at the knisa for a stroller! It's up the stairs or leave it in the street. Convenient, huh?

I love the Cruz, and you can get a bassinet, but the wheels are small. Too small maybe?

And the Vista is 4cm wider. As far as width goes, what does it need to do, if it fits through the doorway, isn't that all it needs?

I looked up the weights and it looks like most weigh around 11 or 12 kg. Not sure how I would get anything like that up the stairs!

If the cruz had the vista's wheels, it would be really good.

HappytoHS

Post Tue, Dec 24 2013, 2:57 pm
amother wrote:
I looked up the weights and it looks like most weigh around 11 or 12 kg. Not sure how I would get anything like that up the stairs!

The Surf weighs 7.5 kilo. It's very light up and down stairs and very sturdy. The seat is high too.

smss

Post Tue, Dec 24 2013, 3:01 pm
cfx wrote:
FYI:

1) only from 7-9 am
2) n/o screams at u - don't scare the OP
3) very very true - for all the millions of times we take intercity buses

I didn't mean to start an argument Smile

but - depends where you live, depends how full the bus is, and depends where you live ;-)

amother

Post Tue, Dec 24 2013, 3:01 pm
I had a look at the surf. I like it a lot, especially the weight and the seat position.

But two things it doesn't do that I would be interested in. First, you can't use the carrycot for overnight sleeping (we go away for shabbos a lot and will probably want baby to sleep in the stroller bassinet). And secondly, it folds only without the seat.

Thanks! OP

HappytoHS

Post Tue, Dec 24 2013, 3:08 pm
amother wrote:
I had a look at the surf. I like it a lot, especially the weight and the seat position.

But two things it doesn't do that I would be interested in. First, you can't use the carrycot for overnight sleeping (we go away for shabbos a lot and will probably want baby to sleep in the stroller bassinet). And secondly, it folds only without the seat.

Thanks! OP

My newborns have slept in the regular stroller seat (I didn't bother with a bassinet) for a few months each. There's a special cozy insert that makes it a flat surface and the babies love it. It is the only time my babies sleep on their backs. You are right though that it only folds in 2 pieces. If a one piece fold is important to you then this isn't it.

smss

Post Tue, Dec 24 2013, 3:10 pm
OP, another one to look at is the britax b-ready, also fits your criteria & you can add a second seat. it actually folds with both seats on.

shabri

Post Tue, Dec 24 2013, 4:16 pm
I have a city select (in Jerusalem,) as a single it's great. Does steps very well. As a double, terrible for steps.

Seat goes in a bunch of different positions so its really nice. Hood is very good and the basket is huge

amother

Post Tue, Dec 24 2013, 5:51 pm
Just want to say that the Uppababy Vista is great bumping up stairs, but just not with the rumble seat (second toddler seat) attached.

good luck OP!

Marion

Post Wed, Dec 25 2013, 12:12 am
Have you looked at the Doctor Baby models at all?

hop613

Post Wed, Dec 25 2013, 2:27 pm
baby jogger versa

wiki

Post Wed, Dec 25 2013, 5:30 pm
I strongly considered getting either the Cruz or the Versa. Of the two, the Versa won out because although it is lacking in looks, it has better wheels and fold...but then I went for a super-light, super-narrow stroller that lacked the reversible seat altogether. I decided that weight and width mattered more to me than seat configurations (for the record, I went with the Valco Snap4, and with the car seat attachment it IS kind of like we have a reversed seat anyway). I was really happy with my decision. But that just goes to show that there is no one "best" stroller, because every stroller shines in its own dimensions, and it's all a matter of what virtues you prioritize.

Based on what you've said, my recommendation would be the Versa, which is really efficiant in size and weight considering its features. But since you have misgivings about it and you seem to be a design junkie ;-) here are two more suggestions not yet mentioned: the Stokke Xplory and the Baby Roues Le Tour. Stokke has a higher rear-facing chassis than any stroller-not sure if it's altogether that great otherwise considering the price, though....
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics