Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Polar vortex
1  2  3  Next

greenfire

Post Fri, Jan 03 2014, 9:27 am
cannot manage in or out of the house - it snowed & snowed & snowed all week ... this morning the temps are in the single digits - but with windchill it's like -5° ~ BRRRRRRRRRRR !!! Pale Pale Pale

Last edited by greenfire on Mon, Jan 06 2014, 11:59 am; edited 1 time in total

Deep

Post Fri, Jan 03 2014, 9:37 am
I can identify. My heating system and the drafts are at war and so far the cold is winning. The warmest spot in my house is the bathroom Very Happy. Temperature this morning is -23C (-9F) with a wind chill factor of -38C(-38F). It's warmer in Iqualuit today!

octopus

Post Fri, Jan 03 2014, 9:38 am
try stay warm!
coffee

PinkFridge

Post Fri, Jan 03 2014, 10:14 am
I can identify too. We're getting a slight break and then more snow and even colder.
B"H we got this thing we plug in under our kitchen sink so I have running water in the kitchen!

zaq

Post Fri, Jan 03 2014, 12:37 pm
Turn on the radio and tune to a station that broadcasts political speeches. All that hot air should warm you up right fast.

greenfire

Post Fri, Jan 03 2014, 12:51 pm
one of these people are not like the other
one of these people is my brother

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/20.....unge/

PinkFridge

Post Fri, Jan 03 2014, 3:22 pm
greenfire wrote:
one of these people are not like the other
one of these people is my brother

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/20.....unge/

Cute!
Is he the one wearing the green tee in the first picture, middle, or wearing the lime green thing on the left in the lower? Very Happy

greenfire

Post Fri, Jan 03 2014, 4:13 pm
if you go further down ... he's with a group of old men ... he's the youngen [comparative] wearing a blue bathing suit ... his feet are off the ground - I think they were jumping to warm up for the big swim

amother

Post Sat, Jan 04 2014, 10:20 pm
I live in Minnesota. the HIGH tomorrow is -12!! windchill's could be -60!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BBBRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

The governor has closed at public schools, and advised private schools to close as well. No school for my kiddos for at least monday. Apparantly your flesh can freeze in 5 minutes at this temp.

Im FREEEEEZING just thinking about it!!!

amother

Post Sat, Jan 04 2014, 10:28 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
I can identify too. We're getting a slight break and then more snow and even colder.
B"H we got this thing we plug in under our kitchen sink so I have running water in the kitchen!

Is it so cold in your house that you only have running water in your kitchen?

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Jan 05 2014, 9:47 am
greenfire wrote:
if you go further down ... he's with a group of old men ... he's the youngen [comparative] wearing a blue bathing suit ... his feet are off the ground - I think they were jumping to warm up for the big swim

I assumed he'd be in green ;-)
And FYI for the olam, you may not want to enlarge the picture to see more clearly. Let's just say not everyone's as photogenic.

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Jan 05 2014, 9:48 am
amother wrote:
Is it so cold in your house that you only have running water in your kitchen?

No, B"H, but the kitchen wall hadn't had great insulation. That meant extended periods using disposables only, and it did cramp my culinary style a bit.

greenfire

Post Sun, Jan 05 2014, 9:59 am
PinkFridge wrote:
I assumed he'd be in green ;-)
And FYI for the olam, you may not want to enlarge the picture to see more clearly. Let's just say not everyone's as photogenic.

what are you afraid of the guy with the yellow bikini ...
[well he is pretty muscular for a man past 70]
[ha ~ _______________________ some things are better left unsaid]

greenfire

Post Sun, Jan 05 2014, 10:04 am
http://news.yahoo.com/historic......html

and I was wondering why I thought I woke up in chicago today ... the wind has iced the roads in that eerie way ...

although it feels like a heatwave for the moment at 32°F - especially considering tuesday's forecast of 0°F wonder what the wind chills will blow in ~

greenfire

Post Mon, Jan 06 2014, 12:05 pm
we are in the midst of a polar vortex ... I feel like I'm stuck in the game 'crash bandacoot'

it's like a hurricane - only circulating 100 mph winds in the center of the storm ...

right now in NEOH it's 3°F FEELS LIKE: -21°F & going down down down

tonight -6°F FEELS LIKE: -34°F

AlwaysThinking

Post Mon, Jan 06 2014, 12:08 pm
greenfire wrote:
we are in the midst of a polar vortex ... I feel like I'm stuck in the game 'crash bandacoot'

it's like a hurricane - only circulating 100 mph winds in the center of the storm ...

right now in NEOH it's 3°F FEELS LIKE: -21°F & going down down down

tonight -6°F FEELS LIKE: -34°F

That's what this thread title made me think Wink

BabsB

Post Mon, Jan 06 2014, 12:15 pm
It's 4 degrees here and feels like -13. BRRRRR!!!!

And we don't have any water either. Everything is frozen. Sad I left them dripping and everything!

chocolate chips

Post Mon, Jan 06 2014, 12:35 pm
ugh this cold sucks!

Not to mention here in NY friday and shabbos was below 0 freezing and then today is a warm 40F!!
Tonight it is back down to 10F!!!! Like hello please make up your mind! Snow then ice, rain and melt then ice again.

Can't wait to go to UK this week, a really warm 40F. My dh is telling me we are not taking coats LOL

eta: this is my worst thing about America/NY.
In the winter you get 0F and in the summer 100F. Within 6months...the extremes are not normal!

PinkFridge

Post Mon, Jan 06 2014, 2:47 pm
B"H it was warm yesterday (hit 30) which made shoveling the first 9 inches easier. I did the last 2 or so this morning when it was still a balmy low-mid teens, now temp. has drooooppppped.

BTW, did this thread have a different title?

Jewishmofm

Post Mon, Jan 06 2014, 5:33 pm
C.C. - Please don't malign the whole country on the basis of NY's "wonderful" weather. Some of us are enjoying balmy days, with the windows open and all! Smile
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics