Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Any ideas for a cool fun theme for Sheva Brochos please?!
Previous  1  2  3  Next

Ruchel

Post Sun, Feb 02 2014, 4:45 am
Yes French theme!! so classy!!

d l

Post Sun, Feb 02 2014, 5:31 pm
I never heard of themed Sheva Brochos before but it sounds so cute and fun!

Italian
Italian food is soo good! Pasta- milchiks- tiramisu etc
You can decorate like an Italian cafe, red checker tableloths, green napkins and nice Italian wines

Chinese-
Black and red for decor- those round paper Chinese light bulbs/ fixtures hanging from the ceiling, those small Chinese umbrellas in the food,
Everyone loves Chinese food
And sushi! That's Japanese Smile but totally goes with Chinese theme.

Fortune cookies for dessert and you can make all kinds of cute messages that have to do with the chosson and kallah or the family...

Glow In the dark
So many cool glow in the dark cheap toys- necklaces, bracelets, glow sticks- dim the lights -
Tho not sure what food you would serve.

Africa/ jungle theme-

Garden/ flower theme
Salad bar in flower pots
Fruits cut in shapes of flowers
Edible flowers
Broccoli- like trees
Branches in vase as center pieces with pictures of chosson and kallah hanging down

Is there anything the chosson or kallah like to do, or place they love to visit? You can do a theme based on that.

Good luck!

Ruchel

Post Mon, Feb 03 2014, 6:01 am
Haven't heard of themes either...
But definitely noticed people who complain Israel and Jews are "hated", don't pause a moment to ask themselves if they should hate other people... same for stereotypes. Which is why I first didn't even reacted, just thought "oh, another one". Then I saw someone got hurt so I intervened...

5mom

Post Mon, Feb 03 2014, 6:27 am
Didn't mean to hurt anyone's feelings at all. It just seemed odd - no one has a theme for a wedding, so why sheva brachot? But to each his own. Mazal tov.

pesek zman

Post Mon, Feb 03 2014, 6:31 am
5mom wrote:
Didn't mean to hurt anyone's feelings at all. It just seemed odd - no one has a theme for a wedding, so why sheva brachot? But to each his own. Mazal tov.

I totally agree. To me, the 'theme' is the mitzvah itself. I 'hold' this way for MM too. And yet creative people view these as outlets to express that side of themselves. To each her own.

ImaMum

Post Mon, Feb 03 2014, 3:12 pm
mom in france wrote:
We are supposed to be respectful to each other on this site. You probably thought that there are only people from boro park or golders green on this site, but guess what? We are a very diverse crowd on here. I suppose you would be shocked if I said I hated chassidishes or MO pple or people from Brazil. Is it too hard to apologise??

Its a well known English joke that the English dont like the French, just google it and you will see!
Its nothing personal. I guess not everyone gets the English humour!
I'm not from either of those places, and don't really care for pettiness Hug

ImaMum

Post Mon, Feb 03 2014, 3:15 pm
bamba wrote:
Cant remember the exact menu but we took different things from different films...for example we had ratatouille...u can do for main course chicken, calling it chicken little...mickey mouse cookies..cinderellas pumpkin soup...Bambi...u can decorate the room as alice in wonderland...mad hatters tea party...or for something easier just disney bunting. Once u get thinking of all the disney films there is loads to do...good luck :-)

Wow Bamba thats so cute, I love this idea!! Thank you so much Very Happy

Did you make a menu so that everyone 'got' what everything was?

ImaMum

Post Mon, Feb 03 2014, 3:25 pm
d l wrote:
I never heard of themed Sheva Brochos before but it sounds so cute and fun!

Italian
Italian food is soo good! Pasta- milchiks- tiramisu etc
You can decorate like an Italian cafe, red checker tableloths, green napkins and nice Italian wines

Chinese-
Black and red for decor- those round paper Chinese light bulbs/ fixtures hanging from the ceiling, those small Chinese umbrellas in the food,
Everyone loves Chinese food
And sushi! That's Japanese Smile but totally goes with Chinese theme.

Fortune cookies for dessert and you can make all kinds of cute messages that have to do with the chosson and kallah or the family...

Glow In the dark
So many cool glow in the dark cheap toys- necklaces, bracelets, glow sticks- dim the lights -
Tho not sure what food you would serve.

Africa/ jungle theme-

Garden/ flower theme
Salad bar in flower pots
Fruits cut in shapes of flowers
Edible flowers
Broccoli- like trees
Branches in vase as center pieces with pictures of chosson and kallah hanging down

Is there anything the chosson or kallah like to do, or place they love to visit? You can do a theme based on that.

Good luck!

Thanks so much for your suggestions d l, even though you neva heard of it, you must have spent ages thinking of all those!!
I hope this thread will also help other people also trying to come up with ideas in the future too.
(Including myself for any other future sheva brochos I may make!)

mummiedearest

Post Mon, Feb 03 2014, 3:26 pm
oooh! do a wedding theme! serve wedding food and end with wedding cake! make sure to stick a veil in the kallah's sheitel or tichel Smile

allthingsblue

Post Mon, Feb 03 2014, 3:27 pm
mom in france wrote:
We are supposed to be respectful to each other on this site. You probably thought that there are only people from boro park or golders green on this site, but guess what? We are a very diverse crowd on here. I suppose you would be shocked if I said I hated chassidishes or MO pple or people from Brazil. Is it too hard to apologise??

Gosh, Don't take this so seriously! It's a well known joke that English/French don't get along. Ask any English person. It was just a joke, lighten up woman!

bamba

Post Mon, Feb 03 2014, 4:01 pm
As far as I.can remember there was a menu with little pictures as well...u cud write next to it what disney film it comes from or make it as a game for ppl to guess...njoy!! :-)

mom in france

Post Mon, Feb 03 2014, 11:46 pm
allthingsblue wrote:
Gosh, Don't take this so seriously! It's a well known joke that English/French don't get along. Ask any English person. It was just a joke, lighten up woman!

Umm, I am english actually! And because I live in france now I just cant understand why english pple so look down upon the french.. However I did show this link to other pple and they agreed it was immature to write what was written, but yeah I was sick and up all night which was why I logged on to imamother, and saw that post,so I wasnt in my calmest mood shall we say!
Anyway... Never mind

mom in france

Post Tue, Feb 04 2014, 12:01 am
ImaMum wrote:
Its a well known English joke that the English dont like the French, just google it and you will see!
Its nothing personal. I guess not everyone gets the English humour!
I'm not from either of those places, and don't really care for pettiness Hug

Ok:)

ImaMum

Post Wed, Feb 05 2014, 3:58 pm
bamba wrote:
As far as I.can remember there was a menu with little pictures as well...u cud write next to it what disney film it comes from or make it as a game for ppl to guess...njoy!! :-)

Cool, thanks so much Cheers

amother

Post Wed, Feb 05 2014, 4:05 pm
For a family that's into games, a game theme. Prepare a few quiz games where the chosson or kallah's sibs have to answer questions etc.

Anon bec my child's inlaw family did this.
They have little trophies at each place, don't remember all the rest, but u cd do a checkerboard cake. Not sure what else.

ImaMum

Post Wed, Feb 05 2014, 4:12 pm
Thanks, that sounds fun!

I'm so going to make a note of all these ideas you guys are coming up with so I can use them in the future!

bamba

Post Mon, Feb 24 2014, 1:47 pm
Just wondering imamom what u decided in the end??!? :-)

ImaMum

Post Tue, Feb 25 2014, 2:34 pm
bamba wrote:
Just wondering imamom what u decided in the end??!? :-)

Hi Bamba
Thanks for the interest!
We actually are going with your idea - Disney Theme!

Im going to make our own benchers with the themed menu on the back and laminate.

Black tablecloths with black and white square plastic plates etc.

Centre pieces are gona be 24" Mickey Mouse soft toys holding balloons or sitting in a disney bin that looks like a vase kind of thing.

Ordered personalised mickey mouse head shape confetti saying 'mazal tov chosson & kalloh' from ebay.

My siblings have prepared a disney quiz.

2 dvar torahs (not necessarily disney themed LOL )

What do you think?

Ive never cooked for approx 50 people before and not sure how or when to do anything. I work full time and am taking the day off the day of SB to cook (HELP)

bamba

Post Tue, Feb 25 2014, 3:39 pm
ImaMum wrote:
Hi Bamba
Thanks for the interest!
We actually are going with your idea - Disney Theme!

Im going to make our own benchers with the themed menu on the back and laminate.

Black tablecloths with black and white square plastic plates etc.

Centre pieces are gona be 24" Mickey Mouse soft toys holding balloons or sitting in a disney bin that looks like a vase kind of thing.

Ordered personalised mickey mouse head shape confetti saying 'mazal tov chosson & kalloh' from ebay.

My siblings have prepared a disney quiz.

2 dvar torahs (not necessarily disney themed LOL )

What do you think?

Ive never cooked for approx 50 people before and not sure how or when to do anything. I work full time and am taking the day off the day of SB to cook (HELP)

Sounds amazing!!! really really cool...
Maybe you could start doing somr cooking in the evenings amd freeze or on sundays (if u dont work...) get everyone to chip in a bit...when u need to set the tables any older kids can do it the night before...
Sounds like u have worked really hard on this and I really hope it all works out well...sure everyone will have fun together and appreciate the thought and.effort put in...good luck :-)

losingweight

Post Tue, Feb 25 2014, 3:47 pm
Prepare the odd and freeze it raw. The night before the SB take it out and cook/bake it fresh d
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics