Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Must know - Do you flush standing or sitting?
Previous  1  2

Scrabble123

Post Sun, Mar 16 2014, 11:50 pm
willow wrote:
you lift hit the flush with your shoe so not to touch the toilet

I'm just wondering why someone would do that in her own home.

MaBelleVie

Post Sun, Mar 16 2014, 11:53 pm
Scrabble123 wrote:
I'm just wondering why someone would do that in her own home.

Unless you clean the handle after each use, people are regularly touching it after using the toilet, before washing hands. No thank you.

Redbird

Post Mon, Mar 17 2014, 12:47 am
ima22 wrote:
at home, standing with seat covered.
public bathrooms, like at work, standing, flush with my foot. don't want my hand anywhere near the flusher!

Thats why I was taught to wash my hands with soap after going potty. Which is a whole other topic.

Where I work, I use a public bathroom. I see many women will wash with the one washing cup thats there, but not wash with soap. I am afraid to know what that washing cup looks like under a microscope.

Scrabble123

Post Mon, Mar 17 2014, 1:33 pm
Leahs Mom wrote:
Thats why I was taught to wash my hands with soap after going potty. Which is a whole other topic.

Where I work, I use a public bathroom. I see many women will wash with the one washing cup thats there, but not wash with soap. I am afraid to know what that washing cup looks like under a microscope.

I see people doing that all the time!!! They touch the washing cup that so many others touched after using the facilities and then just use plain cold water!!! Come on! Please wash your hands thoroughly with warm water and soap after using the restroom.

You can also disinfect your toilet seat handle if you don't have a private bathroom, children's bathroom, and guest bathroom, etc. It may seem excessive because it's definitely more comfortable than flushing your own toilet with your foot.

mandr

Post Mon, Mar 17 2014, 1:38 pm
In public places you can use a square of toilet paper to hold the flusher.

MommytoB

Post Mon, Mar 17 2014, 1:55 pm
In public places, always with my foot or toilet paper.

At home, standing with toilet cover closed. With my hand. However, if a child is sick or they have a friend over who might not be so neat and clean with their toilet habits, I'll use a tissue to flush until I get a chance to clean.

Meanwhile, the comments about washing cups are exactly why I feel my hands to be germy and dirtier after washing netilat yadaim in restaurants. I am very grossed out by the washing cups there, so close to the bathrooms.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics