Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Video of a Rebbi Hitting a Child - Trigger Warning
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

groisamomma

Post Tue, Mar 18 2014, 8:59 pm
amother wrote:
I think in Pupa cheder, but I'm not 100% sure.

amother, can you please PM me? I will tell you why when you do...it's not something to post publicly.

amother

Post Tue, Mar 18 2014, 9:11 pm
No, it's not pupa, its Skver, but this goes on in pupa also. (My dh knows this boy, and sadly grew up in this system also)

shlomitsmum

Post Tue, Mar 18 2014, 9:23 pm
OMG! that boy....and the helpless bystanders.
Crying Crying

B'H my son has been blessed with good Rebbi's he loves and respects ...like in any profession there are bad apples and PARENTS are responsible to protect their children .

Maybe one of the reasons my son has had a good experience is because we try to meet Rebbis in advance and casually lay down rules (I tell them point blank ,no hitting my son EVER) and assure them we are here if any issues arise THAT WE THE PARENTS are in charge of DISCIPLINE ,I make it clear my son is not hefker and that we have a child centered parenting approach where while we are strict we do expect our child to be respected . We are firm but treat the melamed with respect.

I went to secular boarding school in Bath England and was hefker ....I was smacked like that child a few times and due to my poor math ability and daydreaming I got wacked and flickered in the ear almost daily (it sounds like no big deal but it #$% hurts!) Point is this is not a incident that should be used to discredit a community or a sect or to scapegoat charedim ,chassidim or whatever .

Parents don't give your kids away let them know they are precious to you and be prepared to go from lamb to lion for them .

amother

Post Tue, Mar 18 2014, 9:26 pm
amother wrote:
I think in Pupa cheder, but I'm not 100% sure.
Which kitta?

shlomitsmum

Post Tue, Mar 18 2014, 9:29 pm
So ladies in the system ....what is your DH doing to make positive changes ?! or to reach out to the victim if he is OTD?
I hope something is being done .
hand wringing , mud flinging and saying nebach does not heal the abused !

I hope something beyond chillul Hashem is being accomplished . Sad and that the abuser is reported and banned from teaching ....

amother

Post Tue, Mar 18 2014, 9:50 pm
amother wrote:
No, it's not pupa, its Skver, but this goes on in pupa also. (My dh knows this boy, and sadly grew up in this system also)

You didn't understand correctly. This happened in Skver but the guy is now a melamed in Pupa.

amother

Post Tue, Mar 18 2014, 9:51 pm
amother wrote:
You didn't understand correctly. This happened in Skver but the guy is now a melamed in Pupa.

Can someone please post a name???

amother

Post Tue, Mar 18 2014, 9:51 pm
Oish, dh went to these schools and they are so bad. There are schools with rebbes in each grade who act like this, and worse, it's horrible. By פרשת משפטים was the worst for the boys because it was a very hard parsha and that's when the rebbes fists went flying. I think lipa schmeltzer has a song about it. The system needs to change. These poor boys Sad it hurts me so much when I hear about it. How can we change an entire system?

Butterfly

Post Tue, Mar 18 2014, 10:13 pm
amother wrote:
Can someone please post a name???

Pleeeaaaasssseee post the name or PM me if you don't want to publicize it.

I have grandkids in that cheder!!! I won't sleep until I know!!!! Crying Crying Crying

I bet most parents are unaware that this stuff is still happening nowadays!! Who in the right mind would allow this anyway?!!

BTW, I am not the quoted amother. Obviously this is a legit concern for everyone who has kids in his class.

amother

Post Tue, Mar 18 2014, 10:17 pm
I would totally post his name but I don't want to get this thread locked.

amother

Post Tue, Mar 18 2014, 10:23 pm
If your grand kids are in pupa then it's very likely whatever class they're in its going on. That's their mode of discipline. Sad dh went to pupa and every year was hell.

chayamiriam

Post Tue, Mar 18 2014, 10:51 pm
I just can't understand that we as a frum society taught to have and love children, can know about this abuse and still let it go on Pupa, sckverer, or anyone who allows children to be abused are criminals who should be reported to the police. Same on us who allow this to still go on. So what if it's not your child being hit. It's another child who has no one to protect him!! Disgusting I would rather keep my child home or put in in public school then have him being abused by these thugs!!!

amother

Post Tue, Mar 18 2014, 11:21 pm
How are we going to stop it? All of us who are horrified don't send our kids there, many who do send there and know what's going on have have no intention of stopping it. Please don't blame anyone for not doing anything. Going to the police is not going to help because they are just going to investigate and find nothing because the school will be on their best behavior and they'll drop the case. What needs to happen is someone goes into the school undercover and secretly tape what's going on and then show the police as evidence. Any dh's willing? They don't let ladies in the schools. If we want to stop it let's stop ranting about it and do something that will help. (My dh can't because we don't live in NY or any other place where this goes on) if we are just going to post how horrified we all are and how could we let this happen, let's not let this happen and take action. If we don't then let's just stop discussing it.

amother

Post Tue, Mar 18 2014, 11:35 pm
amother wrote:
How are we going to stop it? All of us who are horrified don't send our kids there, many who do send there and know what's going on have have no intention of stopping it. Please don't blame anyone for not doing anything. Going to the police is not going to help because they are just going to investigate and find nothing because the school will be on their best behavior and they'll drop the case. What needs to happen is someone goes into the school undercover and secretly tape what's going on and then show the police as evidence. Any dh's willing? They don't let ladies in the schools. If we want to stop it let's stop ranting about it and do something that will help. (My dh can't because we don't live in NY or any other place where this goes on) if we are just going to post how horrified we all are and how could we let this happen, let's not let this happen and take action. If we don't then let's just stop discussing it.

This is not true. R' Meilech Spitzer was arrested last year due to several imamothers reporting the picture that circulated the internet of the kid who came home with a bruised face from his beating.

Butterfly

Post Tue, Mar 18 2014, 11:43 pm
amother wrote:
I would totally post his name but I don't want to get this thread locked.

Thanks. Smile Hopefully my son will figure out who that monster is ASAP and do something about it!!

Sincerely speaking I am equally concerned for the other innocent kids in the class as I am for my own grandchildren.

No child deserves to endure such abusive cruelty EVER!!

amother

Post Tue, Mar 18 2014, 11:46 pm
amother wrote:
This is not true. R' Meilech Spitzer was arrested last year due to several imamothers reporting the picture that circulated the internet of the kid who came home with a bruised face from his beating.

If you call the police about one person with evidence than yes they will take care of him, and good they stopped him. But if you call with a complaint against the whole school, they won't do much. The schools are still hitting even with this one rebbe arrested.

amother

Post Tue, Mar 18 2014, 11:47 pm
amother wrote:

Anyone else that wants to report anonymously can call or email Detective Sergeant Savino in the Spring Valley police department. I believe he handled the Spitzer case and was frustrated that people shut down when he tried to investigate. He has no personal gain out of making things right, he has no grudge against the Orthodox community. From my dealings with him I can tell he only wants to help the kids. That's his job.

Butterfly

Post Tue, Mar 18 2014, 11:53 pm
amother wrote:

Is this Spitzer guy still teaching nowadays? Mad

And he is still being labeled as R' in general?? UGH!!! (no offence to you amother)

amother

Post Tue, Mar 18 2014, 11:55 pm
OMG this is nuts...
Are there any heimishe chedarim in Monsey that anyone knows for sure they don't hit? And that they respect the children and accept them?
I'm scared to send my son to cheder.

amother

Post Tue, Mar 18 2014, 11:55 pm
Butterfly wrote:
Is this Spitzer guy still teaching nowadays? Mad

And he is still being labeled as R' in general?? UGH!!! (no offence to you amother)

He was the principal. IIRC he was fired, but I'm not 100% sure. I put the R' in there to fire you up Wink
Page 4 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics