Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Vouchers
Previous  1  2

mummiedearest

Post Fri, Jun 13 2014, 11:32 am
gumgum wrote:
once your child is 2 he belongs in playgroup.

untrue.

cfriedman2

Post Fri, Jun 13 2014, 11:48 am
why cant you work if your expecting? I worked until the day I delivered and I was fine. Also, if you want your child in day care then pay for it. Why is the govt funding your day care if your not working and not even trying to work. Im curious but does the whole ny/nj area live off of the govt?

Lady Bug

Post Fri, Jun 13 2014, 12:19 pm
Many people who have vouchers have it from years ago when it was easier to get onto the program. You can contact your children's school/yeshiva to help with the application.

Many people see it this way:
We pay property tax, we don't use the public schools, we don't receive funding for education, if I qualify for vouchers, why not take my share?

MaBelleVie

Post Fri, Jun 13 2014, 12:21 pm
Lady Bug wrote:
Many people who have vouchers have it from years ago when it was easier to get onto the program. You can contact your children's school/yeshiva to help with the application.

We pay property tax, we don't use the public schools, we don't receive funding for education, if I qualify for vouchers, why not take my share?

Someone who qualifies for vouchers probably does not own a home and is not paying property taxes. Almost every yeshiva receives funding for education. And not a single two year old is in public school.

Maya

Post Fri, Jun 13 2014, 12:21 pm
Lady Bug wrote:

I believe it's only "your share" if you qualify for it.

Lady Bug

Post Fri, Jun 13 2014, 12:24 pm
MaBelleVie wrote:
Someone who qualifies for vouchers probably does not own a home and is not paying property taxes. Almost every yeshiva receives funding for education. And not a single two year old is in public school.

Vouchers also pays tuition and I doubt anyone goes through the trouble of applying and recertifying for the program if they only have a 2 year old in playgroup.

Lady Bug

Post Fri, Jun 13 2014, 12:24 pm
Maya wrote:

Right, that's what I said. I believe many people in Boro Park qualify.

MaBelleVie

Post Fri, Jun 13 2014, 12:25 pm
Maya wrote:

Right. So yes, if you do in fact need child care because you work, then go ahead and apply. If you just feel like putting a two yr old in playgroup because the govt owes it to you... No, that is not your share. Feel free to take your share by putting your kids in public school. That's the only share anyone "owes" you.

MaBelleVie

Post Fri, Jun 13 2014, 12:27 pm
So you apply once and never have to recertify? I doubt it.

pizza4

Post Fri, Jun 13 2014, 12:30 pm
gumgum wrote:

In the few weeks she's been in playgroup, my daughter's turned into a "playgroup kid"... ykwim?? I wish I could be home with her but ONE of the reasons I'm working now is so that she could go to playgroup. I live three flights up with no elevator in a small apartment and it's very hard to go out with two little kids. she needs space to play.

IYH when we move to a bigger apartment- hopefully with a backyard/ porch!- I really want to be home with my kids. I miss them all day and feel bad leaving them with a babysitter!

Maya

Post Fri, Jun 13 2014, 12:30 pm
Lady Bug wrote:
Right, that's what I said. I believe many people in Boro Park qualify.

A family member of mine "qualified" because her children's school put her on the payroll. She hasn't worked a day in the past eighteen years.

Vouchers is for families where both parents work. This OP obviously can't qualify unless somebody puts her on their payroll...

OP, let me say this straight out. Your entitlement attitude is off-putting. If you think a two year old belongs in playgroup, pay for it. Like everybody else does. Or take a job and apply for vouchers. Don't defraud the system because you can't handle your children being home with you. That is not the government's or tax payers fault.

Last edited by Maya on Fri, Jun 13 2014, 12:33 pm; edited 2 times in total

Eishes Chaim

Post Fri, Jun 13 2014, 12:31 pm
I doubt it too. Every govt program need re-certification... Think SSI, food stamps, insurance...

SRS

Post Fri, Jun 13 2014, 12:41 pm
gumgum wrote:

So start a playgroup or babysitting cooperative!

Eishes Chaim

Post Fri, Jun 13 2014, 12:56 pm
Maybe OP is on bed rest? Why are we all jumping at her?

OP, call the number I gave you and find out for yourself if your current condition deems you eligible.

groovy1224

Post Fri, Jun 13 2014, 1:27 pm
gumgum wrote:

Of course! That's why, on the eighth day (after Adam and chava had their children), Hashem created the playgroup. As it says in Genesis:

"And the Lord created the playgroup, for He commanded mankind thou shalt not raise thine own young. And it was good."

Mirchrude

Post Fri, Jun 13 2014, 1:33 pm
dont vouchers go up until like age 12 or something like that?

gumgum

Post Mon, Jun 16 2014, 12:32 pm
Maya wrote:
A family member of mine "qualified" because her children's school put her on the payroll. She hasn't worked a day in the past eighteen years.

Vouchers is for families where both parents work. This OP obviously can't qualify unless somebody puts her on their payroll...

OP, let me say this straight out. Your entitlement attitude is off-putting. If you think a two year old belongs in playgroup, pay for it. Like everybody else does. Or take a job and apply for vouchers. Don't defraud the system because you can't handle your children being home with you. That is not the government's or tax payers fault.

your post was very hurtful and judgmental.
I dont have to answer to you so I wont.
I just asked for any helpful advice I did not ask for any nasty comments.
if you are having a bad day please dont take it out on writing such posts on imamother. Go and punch a ball or eat ice cream.

thank you

bnm

Post Mon, Jun 16 2014, 2:26 pm
vouchers ruined playgroups. now they all want you to have vouchers or daycare or they won't take your kid.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics